Ratings for Dr. Sherwyn L. Schwartz

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr Schwartz left me on some diabetic meds that he said ruined my kidneys and now he suggested that I go see his kidney doctor. I was in shock to know the meds I was on was toxic to my kidneys and in disbelief that this top doc would let me continue to stay on this medication seeing my Gfr steadily decline.I kept all of my appointments and was just kept in the dark about my condition . He never told me throughout the many years what gfr meant until it was too late I'm a patient not a doctor.Now I have stage 4 kidney disease.This is just dreadful. The staff was difficult to work with because they insisted on refilling the wrong dosages of some of my meds. The experience with this doctor and some of his staff including key members of his staff was horrendous.Go at your own risk!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. Schwartz is a great doctor for diabetes patients from the comments of other patients in the waiting room, but he treated me for a painful, scarey, and life threatening thyroid condition. He ended this malady while paying close attention to my concerns and fears. This took great patience on his part as I ask many questions of my doctors. Over the last ten years since I have seen him at annual checkups. He is knowledgeable, patient, and caring. He takes a holistic approach to my care. Also, as many patients that are in and out of that entire office (for all of the doctors) each day, I am NEVER lost in the shuffle and rarely kept waiting. I have not seen such a well run office and lab in my life. They all deserve an excellent rating!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

Very efficient with time, always asks about other health issues, advice is a bit general

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

Dr. Schwartz seems to be a good doctor for diabetes patients, but I don't have diabetes. I was seeing him for a thyroid condition, and I seemed to get lost in the shuffle with all the diabetes patients. He messed up my case by omitting something important in my file. Fortunately, it wasn't life threatening. But for thyroid conditions, I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Dr. Sherwyn L. Schwartz's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1972)

Healthnet