Ratings for Dr. Ruby Chapple

I had to wait over 2 hours just to check my blood work that only took 30 minutes and the receptionist had attitude with me

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I waited TWO hours for an appointment that I had previously booked, when I got there the receptionists were talking to each about different mistakes they made and things they couldn't find, it was crazy I was standing there and nobody was helping me! Everyone in the waiting room waited that long. they were their before me and still hadn't seen a doctor. Once in the waiting room I waited for about 45 mins and she just waked in and said hello like nothing was wrong like I hadn't been waiting for forever! She dismisses my concerns, like it didn't matter what I thought was going on with my body. A different time I saw her she assumed she was giving me a pap, even though my mother was in the room. I was just there for a refill lol

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

The whole office does not even quality for one star! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have called 14x in 3 days to get an appointment and no one answers the phone. So then you proceed to go down there and stand in line forever. Wait two hours to see dr Chappell who is in a mood and continues to wak out to the room as your telling her what the issue is. She has been my dr for 15 years and need to retire. The bedside manner is horendus!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Once again she has changed clinics and her poor staff are left to deal with it. Appointment after appointment was rescheduled due to her absence. Her new clinic didn't bother to tell me there would be a fee for the chart transfer yet had me fill out a form that is useless as the old clinic is the one that needs it for their records. I over heard patients blasting front reception staff when all they were doing was their job. I decided to just stay at the clinic and see a different Doctor. My concerns are finally being addressed and the staff really do a great job of getting me in and out efficiently. Don't expect your referrals to be followed through on with Dr. Chapple - I waited over 6 months and now I've already heard from the specialist due to a simple call from the different Doctor. Don't follow her if you don't need to. She clearly doesn't care about family medicine anymore.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

Since Dr. Chapple moved to Albert & Parliament Health Care Clinic, her attitude and professional manner has declined, to the point that I will not be returning. I have been her patient for over 10 years. The last time I was in to see her, she took phone calls in the middle of our consultation, she brushed off my concerns about my health, as if it all in my head, even after she said my blood pressure was to high. She obviously did not write down anything we had discussed in our last appointment a week prior, concerning a lump on my throat, which she didn't take time to examine. The staff are untrained and overworked. I waited 2 weeks for the office to call me back about an ultrasound appointment they were supposed to make for me! Finally got through to the office after being put on hold for more than 10 minutes. They said they would call me back after making the ultrasound appointment, which was more than a week ago, I still have not received a response. I guess the more patients they see, the more money they make, pretty sad statement to have to make!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Can't even begin to describe the treatment I received - still shocked! As a nurse I thought I had seen it all where drs are concerned. Unreliable is putting it mildly!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Chapple has been my family doctor since the day I was born. Chapple was the doctor to deliver me. I've been with her 30 yrs as well as my daughter for the last 8 years. I believe Chapple is a great doctor but has some significant faults. The wait times for apts are very long, longer than the norm for saskatchewan. She spends 1-2 minutes with you, you have to demand a referall for specialists and when she usually gladly agrees but I have found numerous occasions where her staff didn't send the referall. I have been there for a scheduled apt to remove skin tags just to learn they don't have the equipment in the building. I believe they should prepare for their patients before the scheduled apt. Their excuse to not having equipment was I was still In storage. Unreal. They did offer to remove the 5 skin tags for free and would call me when they equipment arrives from storage. That was over a year ago and no phone call. I believe chapple needs to hire more staff to handle the front desk and patient files and or retire. I'm currently looking for a new family doctor. I'm quite sad to leave chapple but it's definitely time for my family to move on.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

There is a huge problem with staff where Dr. Chapple works. There is constant scheduling errors. The manager should be let go as she is obviously not doing her job training staff. I lose out seeing a physician that came highly recommended because of the staffs inability to do their job.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I am surprised and shocked at the comments about Ruby Chapple. I have found her to be an excellent doctor. Very caring and very knowledgeable care for myself and my son. I have a hard time believing we are all talking about the same woman. I even convinced my elderly mother to switch to her because she is so good and she is happy with her as well. She is very concise and to the point. So I could see someone maybe interpreting that as dismissive. But I appreciate her cutting to the chase. If you want a doctor to nod and commiserate she's probably not for you. But if you want accurate, no nonsense diagnosis and care, she is excellent. I think some of these comments seem to stem from walk in's. You have to remember that a doctor on a walk in is already at a disadvantage. Get a family GP and stick to them as much as possible... you'll be much more satisfied with your care.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016