Ratings for Dr. Mohamed A. Elrafei

i have been seeing dr elrafei for about 9 months i was going thru really bad depression and panic attacks he gave me medications that really helped me ... and now after taking the medications for 6 months now im off medications and im back to my normal self !

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Compassionate patient knowledgeable. Took a long time to find him after many others did not care.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

The most caring, compassionate doctor I have ever seen. Sincere, knowledgeable and patient. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

I was asked to sit in another room because Dr. thought my "normal" and calm child might make some patients NERVOUS. He was strapped into his stroller with snacks, movie and a game. He occasionally said "Momma!" or commented on the cartoon that he was watching, "doggie is blue" etc. The Dr. Sent the receptionist to ask me to sit in another office to wait the usual 1+ hrs for my appt. The patients in the waiting room were appalled that I was asked this and actually made comments to the staff because they found my son adorable and his comments made everyone laugh. I guess that is not a good thing at a psych office, laughing! During my appt the Dr. cell rang 2x the second time he ended our appt to answer the call. I asked if it was a problem for him or anyone else on his office staff to have my son at my appt with me know now because I will need to find another dr.  He said, YES. It is a problem for him. I was shocked. I have my loyalties and it is not to my psychiatrist!

Submitted September 5, 2012

The wait time to see him is usually 1 hour- an hour and a half. Talks to you for 10 minutes, gives you medicine then you're gone. You feel rushed and it's hard to get detailed answers about medication concerns/ side effects. If you have questions or want to be active in your treatment this is not the doctor for you. I'm curious to know if any of his patients have ever gotten off of meds.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

This is a great doctor if you want to take a lot of meds for the rest of your life.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

I HAVE BEEN SEEING DR. ELRAFEI FOR MANY YEARS. I FEEL HE SAVED MY LIFE. HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

Dr. Mohamed A. Elrafei's Credentials

• Ain Shams Univ, Fac Of Med, Abbasia, Cairo, Egypt (330-04 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1982)