Ratings for Dr. Barry H. Burkhardt

The best primary care doctor in the area. Caring and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

does excellent job and is caring and on timetakes time to listem n

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Have seen Dr. Burkhardt for 20 years for a variety of common to unusual conditions. He's been very helpful, and directs me to an appropriate specialist when the need arises. Seems to be a good family doctor, personable and interested in your individual needs. Sometimes a bit over-scheduled, but always gives me the time I need when we are one-on-one.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

These reviews are a bit dated. I agree with the review that states that he wants to get you in and out. Recently the office has shifted to medical record keeping, everyone carting open laptops + file folders stuffed with records. By the Drs. own admission this is taking more time but it is eating into patient discussions - him staring at the laptop and poking it rather than having a conversation. It is sad because for family practice I think he is a decent doctor, but the patient contact is suffering. That does not stop the drug reps being seen BEFORE patients even when the patients appt time has passed.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

I have been going to Doctor Burkhardt since I graduated from high school. I have found him to be extremely helpful and insightful. He gives the time to talk and ask questions without the feeling of being rushed. My sister and wife have started going to him recently and have stated that he is a better doctor than their other one.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr. Burkhardt is a very good family doctor, albeit quick in his dealings with patients. I get the impression he just wants to get you done as quick as possible and get you out. His knowledge and medical efficiency is excellent, but his personal skills leave a little to be desired.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Has been our family physician for several years. He has been very supportive of our health problems, always explains options clearly, and provides consistently helpful advice.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I've seen him for the past 10 years for a variety of illnesses and he has almost always been able to "cure" me (even after Health Center doctors at my college screwed up my health by putting me on too low a dose of antibiotic and making me sicker). I WOULD NOT see him for any somewhat specialized issues, I did have one instance where I waited several weeks to get a test and got sicker as a result (had I gotten the test and therefore the meds right away things would have been fine). I saw a specialist and he was able to take care of it. Also one of his on-call doctors was highly unreliable during an intense time of need. As a purely family doctor dealing with more routine concerns and even depression/anxiety, he is wonderful, and I don't blame him for having issues treating more complex problems (and considering he has cured me of every other disease in the past 10 years, including anxiety, I consider that quite an accomplishment!)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Great Doctor, always helpful and always listens. However he is never on time even when you are the first appointment in the morning. Besides that I would say he is perfect.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

Conscientious, pleasant, knowledgeable. Everything you'd want in a family doc.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2008

Dr. Barry H. Burkhardt's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Paoli, PA