Ratings for Dr. G. TIMOTHY Burson

Dr. Burson performed a double cervical disc replacement for me and I was very satisfied with his service. From my initial consult to the post-op appointment, I have no complaints whatsoever. He was highly recommend by my friends in the medical field and my personal experience was excellent. I emphatically recommend Dr. Burson and his staff for their professionalism, knowledge, and friendly care!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I agree dr burson is not a good doctor! Had an infection that was overlooked for almost three months, then he hit a nerve and when my hospitalist told me to get pain meds from neuro, they told me they didn't know who had done my aspiration! I do not advise using this guy for anything. I say he should have his license taken away, if you don't want to truly help people, get out of the way so someone can! And all the comments that were posted saying he is great must be from his staff.. Listen to your own body, not some bs doctor

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

When I went to Dr. Burson, I asked him about the Laser Spine Institute I had seen commercials about and he laughed and said it was just a joke. He even went so far as to say he had corrected a patient's bad surgery that was performed there. As it turns out, I would probably have been better off if I had gone to the Laser Spine Institute as Dr. Burson is actually the joke! Since I had been through chiropractors, back injections, testing, pain management, physical therapy and loaded down with pain medications for the past three years, the only option left was surgery. He agreed and said he could certainly help me and get me off all the pain medications but it was possible the surgery would not be 100%. Dr. Burson performed surgery on June 15 and I started the recovery process by doing exactly as I was told. As long as I sat perfectly still and did not move, I had no pain but when I even attempted the simplest task, the pain started back. It steadily got worse and when I went back to Dr Burson, he almost seemed insulted when I told him it appeared the surgery did not help. He insisted that I have another MRI, then go do physical therapy again and report back to him after I finished the therapy. Well, after six weeks of therapy, I went back to Dr Burson complaining that the physical therapy did not help either. Again he acted so smug and said that at least my after surgery MRI looked better than the before surgery MRI. Having copies of both MRI's with me, I took them out and asked him then why did I have only one pinched nerve before surgery and after surgery the MRI showed I had two pinched nerves. He hatefully answered well I said the surgery was not 100%. His next suggestion was more testing and going back to a pain management doctor. I was furious and speechless as I had already been through those exact processes numerous times before coming to him for the surgery that I thought would solve my problems. I would not recommend this neurosurgeon for any reason as Dr Burson only made me worse instead of better. He lacks bedside manners, tack, knowledge and ability. Worst doctor ever...DO NOT GO TO HIM!! Now being in constant pain, I have to start the process again and find a new doctor that can help me.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

No beside manner whatsoever . Treated my dad who had glioblastoma, was very short and somewhat rude during our initial consultation. Lacks people skills

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I had a great experience with Dr Burson and his staff. He is very knowledgable and very honest , which is wonderful . If you are looking for a surgeon who is skilled and good at his job , I would trust Dr Burson.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

My experience with Dr. Burson has been positive. His staff was caring and helpful and I can't imagine a better staff. Thank you to Dr. Burson and his entire staff for their kindness.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Burson and his staff were very knowledgeable and helpful to me. He patiently answered all my questions and concerns about my diagnosis and options. His staff went the extra mile to sort things out with my insurance to get my procedure covered. I consulted with 3 neurosurgeons before choosing Dr. Tim Burson. Brooke his nurse promptly returned all of my calls before and after surgery. I have recommended him to friends.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I think Dr. Burson and his staff are wonderful .Dr. Burson is a very knowledgable, honest, and a great surgeon. I would trust him to perform surgery on my family as well as myself any day. There is nothing negative to comment !!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

This dr is the worst one you could ever choose as a person to help you with back issues of any kind. If I had checked into the reviews of him prior to my surgery in 2009 I wouldn't be divorced today & I wouldn't of spent the last 9+ years in pain that I have. He did a 3 level discectomy fusion on my cervical region and the follow up he provided were non existent. He told me when I said I'm still in pain that I would experience pain for at least 2 years. When I went back for a continued follow up in June 2013 and he told me there was nothing that would be causing the paim on my mri. So when I got down to Dallas I proceeded to go to two different surgeons and they told me from the get go that it was very apparent what was causing my pain. The third level never healed and therefore was pressing on the nerves surrounding the spine. So thankfully the surgeon I have is 4th in the country with over 40 different techniques as well as stem cell, where he takes your stem cells and injects them into the area he replaces to add to the healing process. Dr. John Peloza is the man to go to in Dallas/Frisco area. Ltitle Rock, Arkansas in my experience lacks greatly in the department of Neurosurgeons as well as Pain Management care. Putting as mildly as possible, its worth moving to the DFW area until Dr Peloza or his side kick Dr. Matthew Chapman to get your life back. Oh, and one more thing, it's unnecessary to take a piece of your hip anymore to use as a disc. This causes undue pain to the patient. Burson outright lies to his patients and doesn't help them in the least. I say the few good reviews on here were due to angels interceding on behalf of God's plans for you and not anything that Burson did for you. Best Wishes to all who are suffering as I have since 2003. It doesn't have to take that long to be fixed from falling or car accidents.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

I went to Dr. Burson after being told I needed a single fusion. At my appointment he told me that I needed a double fusion and scheduled me for surgery. Two weeks before surgery his nurse called me and told me that Dr. Burson had decided that I did not need surgery at all and that I should get a second opinion. Three other doctors all agree that I need surgery. DO NOT TRUST HIM!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Dr. G. TIMOTHY Burson's Credentials

• Univ Of Ar Coll Of Med, Little Rock Ar 72205 (Grad. 1993)

Private Health Insurance under the Extended Healthcare Policy