Ratings for Dr. Frankie Ann Holmes

Dr. Holmes is extremely knowledgeable. I hate the waiting - but when its my turn, I get as much of her time as I need or want. She is very thorough, fills out ALLLLLLLL of the forms in my chart, prints it, and forgives me every time I forget my GIGANTIC notebook. I would much rather have her as a doctor who gives 110% to me at every visit - even though I had to wait, or maybe don't care for her style - than have someone who gets me in and out like a revolving door. GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. She ALWAYS remembers my name, asks about my husband (if he's not there with me), my teaching job, and yes, even my chinese pugs. ALSO - Thank you Janice for your NEVER letting me down....even when I forget to see when I need a refill. Can't ask for better than same day service AND answering my call EVERY TIME!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr. Holmes has a terrible bedside manner. She is more concerned that you complete piles of paperwork than with the patient. You wait forever. She never remembers your name, she talks to you in baby talk and if you question her, she gets visibly upset and becomes impatient. Her tone when speaking to you is condescending. She has the knowledge but needs to learn how to speak to people. Janice, her NP, is wonderful. She is kind and caring and very knowledgeable. I wouldn't recommend Dr. Holmes to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Bad bedside manner. Uses analogies too much and not enough compassionate consoling. Good with medicine, bad with making patients feel warm and welcome, even when they are scared and confused.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

Unprofessional. Long wait times. Did not take symptoms or complaints seriously. Very unsupportive

flag | Submitted September 24, 2013

Dr Holmes was recommended as a follow up Dr, because of a move from Dallas to Houston. I would NEVER recommend her to treat anybody. Not only did her staff speak rudely about us in Spanish (not knowing I understand) but then she proceeds to chastise us for 20 minutes about not filling out forms to her sastisfaction, even though we had filled out the forms a week before. Then she tells a patient that unless she does the ONLY option she is willing to offer as treatment, she doesn't see the need for her to be her patient anymore. She told the patient this no less then 8 times in 2 visit's. This is NOT a great Dr, or anyone who is truely looking out for someone best interest. Find someone else to spend your money with...someone that cares about you.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

Dr. Holmes is the best. Her office is happy and cheerful. Either she or her PA Janice take time to talk about anything you ask. She is up to date on things. My friend who also had breast cancer learned from Dr. Holmes when she came with me on my visit.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

What a GREAT Doctor this lady is!!! I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 2005 - she and her staff took great care of me. You want this lady on your cancer team. Her and her whole staff are just the most caring and educated people around. I couldn't even begin to express my feelings for any of them - The whole office goes the extra mile to make sure that you are okay. If you are reading this either because you are newly disgnosed or someone you know and love has been, this is where you need to go for treatment. I did 4 rounds of A/C - and I was never sick I did 12 treatments of taxol and herceptin and 17 more of herceptin alone. And I can honestly say - that I was never sick - I went to work every day - I never had any problems - What an amazing doctor!!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

Dr. Holmes is very thorough and kind. She is the BEST doctor that I have ever been today. You want her on your team to beat cancer.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Dr. Frankie Ann Holmes's Credentials

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)