Ratings for Dr. Bobby Johnson

Dr. Johnson saved my mothers life, she was very ill with her diabetes and could not keep her blood sugar regulated. Dr. Johnson took the time and listen to my mom and diagnosed her and now her blood sugar is better than ever! Thank you Dr. Johnson!!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Not helpful. Went to him for 5 years - 20 visits. It was like the first time I was there everytime I went. Very disorganized had to find my blood lab work he ordered-never in my file. Last time I went he was very slow and somewhat distracted. Maybe it's time for him to retire.

Submitted December 20, 2016

I had to wait nearly 4 months to see Dr Johnson and it was not worth it. He was rude, did not listen to my concerns, and questioned why I take vitamins. He said, "you must have more money than you know what to do with" because I choose to take vitamins and supplements over chemical-laden prescriptions (that are NOT free). He only checked my thyroid, which was not my biggest concern (I already take thyroid medicine). I asked him about PCOS, which I've been diagnosed with already, and he said once I hit menopause that I would not have to deal with those PCOS symptoms any longer. NOT TRUE! It is an endocrine disorder, not a reproductive disorder. He clearly knows nothing about PCOS which is sad because an endocrinologist should be more informed about an endocrine disorder that affects about 10% of the female population. Never again....

flag | Submitted June 8, 2016

Was dismissive and not helpful despite presentation of extensive prior lab work . Consulted another physician and was ultimately diagnosed as diabetic with multiple organ systems in process of decline. Out of date in knowledge and practice. Does not listen .

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I don't know about the Dr, because we can't get past the front! Twice we have tried at a drs referral to see Dr Johnson for my daughter, she has graves disease. 2 years ago shealmost died before it was diagnosed, she was 17 & in a thyroid storm. We were referred to him for treatment & the girl up froby said we couldn't see him for 3 months. She was hospitalized & we found another endocrinologist, he has retired. Now 2 years later her graves disease is out of remission and the er referred us to him again. Again he won't take he'd with a Dr referral, er doesn't count. Then it will be mid JULY before he will see her. Hello, it's spiking now, it will be a storm by then. She actually told me to take her to Birmingham if I wanted something sooner. They have no want to help patients.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

My OB/GYN asked me a diabetes test because I am 28 weeks pregnant. I failed the test and his office contacted me suggesting that I should visit an endocrinologist. They referred me Dr. Johnson. If I allowed, they would ask his office to call me. I received a phone call from Dr. Johnson's office next day. They made an effort to make an appointment next week. Dr. Johnson explained me the reason for developed the gestational diabetes, even though I have no diabetes family history. He was pleased to answer my question. Also he was very positive about controlling it. His demeanor was very calm and quickly put me at ease. He is very knowledgeable about his area. It is very important for me because I came from a doctor's family, so I have a good idea about most illnesses. I am pleased that my OB/GYN recommended him!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

He is an excellent doctor- saved my life! He listens. Takes time to answer my questions

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

Dr. Johnson was very helpful. Whn nobody else could come up with a solution to my high sugar levels, Dr. Johnson was able to cut my sugar level in half within 3 months. His staff is always friendly and helpful on every visit. I would recommend Dr. Johnson to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

In my case Doctor Johnson was not helpful but quite the contrary. He was arrogant and rude to a point that he made me cry. His nurse keeps telling people what a wonderful and gentle person he is, but I cannot disagree with her more. It took him less than 5 minutes to "dispatch" me and I am as sick as I was before I saw him, 3 visits to his office were a total loss of time. I would never go back to see him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

Dr Johnson is the sweetest doctor I have had. He has helped me and my family for over 15 years. He seems shy but is everyone is. He is a GREAT listener and understands everything and answers my questions for me. The staff is new and they are also great. Dr Johnson gets up probably at 4 in the morning and sees patients till late hours. I don't think he means to come across rude or mean. He is a GREAT doctor.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr. Bobby Johnson's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

MAMSI