Ratings for Dr. Christopher S. Calder

Dr. Calder blew off questions I had regarding AV Malformations related to headaches and to seizures. AV Malformations are on every list I can find as being a cause of temporal lobe seizures. (Mayo Clinic, Epilepsy Foundation, National Neurology Information sites. I later discovered that he is not an epilepsy specialist.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2013

Some people's expectations are unrealistic when it comes to medical visits. Unlike the other commentator, my time with this doctor was very productive, and I found him to be extremely knowledgeable, straightforward, and pleasant. My condition is a difficult one to deal with and my experience was a good one. Neurologists in general can have poor social skills but this doctor is not one of them!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

Dr. Calder is a TERRIBLE neurologist. DO NOT SEE HIM!! He overmedicated my parent without conducting the proper tests, MRI etc. You cannot trust him at all. He did not want to help my parent get help and he does not know what he is doing. Shame on UNM for hiring such a terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I feel Dr. Calder was not willing to go the extra mile and help my father in his diagnosis. All he did was order more sedatives. He has totally put my father in a sedative haze. This without any MRI, brain scan, cat scan, blood work etc. He is not up to date in the 20th century. Go back to school and educate yourself or retire!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

I find this doctor's sarcasm to be offensive. He's got a smart answer for everything. Was no help to me because I had a rather rare condition that he apparently wasn't aware of and wasn't willing to research. I've seen him twice, but never again.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

I really was put at ease by Dr. Calder. His humor is a bit dry, but he is an amazing neurologist.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2005

Dr. Calder was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He took the time to not only answer my questions, but my husband's questions as well. The staff at his office were also very pleasant and helpful, both in person and on the phone.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2004

Dr. Christopher S. Calder's Credentials

• Univ Of Otago, Med Sch, Dunedin, New Zealand (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal