Ratings for Dr. Alexander S. Rosemurgy

I would not let him work on my dog! He knew I had a mesh for my naval hernia but he went went thru it anyway even though he said he would not go that route. Infection followed after surgery cut mesh protruded thru naval.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

His treatment of my daughter was similar to the first review noted below.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Condescending, insensitive and left me in tears saying he had no idea why I had pain. Stays a minute with you and staff comes in and out, losing my tests. In 3 visits I had to explain all over again and make sure they had my tests, always read right there at the visit. People skills are as important as fame or surgical experience.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I am a 56 y.o. male who has suffered with achalasia all my life. I've been through numerous dilations and botox injections which gave me only temporary relief. I was referred to Dr. Rosemurgy for Heller myotomy surgery. I couldn't have been happier or more satisfied with any other doctor. Right from the start, Dr. Rosemurgy gave me the feeling that I was in good hands. No, the BEST hands. His calm demeanor and confidence put me right at ease. I knew I had nothing to worry about. He explained the procedure to me very clearly and also the need to not delay any longer. I had the operation in August 2014 and have been symptom free since then! While he was at it, Dr. Rosemurgy took care of an umbilical hernia and a hiatal hernia...as Dr. Rosemurgy would say..."NBD" (no big deal). That's experience and confidence for you. It' a miracle of science that this type of procedure is done with no evidence at all of any scarring! I would highly recommend Dr. Rosemurgy to anyone needing surgery. He is definitely the best. Steve Chadbourne

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

Great doctor, if you want the best go to Dr Rosemurgy. He gave my father, another 2 years of life, when other Doctors said he only had 3-4 months. Thank you Dr Rosemurgy. Your Iowa fans:)

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

From the minute i was transfered into his care, i can not explain the relief i felt. From the great staff in clinic to my care in the hospital i could tell that i was in good hands. Everyone was attentive to detail, my needs and my concerns. Im so glad that i went to Dr. Rosemurgy.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

I will NEVER recommend this surgeon to anyone. I have worked in the medical profession for 22 years and I have never experience a surgeon so unprofessional, condecending and verbally abusive in my life. Once the surgery is done you a but a mere memory to him, and will treat your family as a bunch of idiots!!!! There a many Doctors in this state would will not only perform a miracle but will treat you with the compassion you deserve. PLEASE heed my words and keep looking! You do NOT want to go to this surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

The ONLY MD in a part of the State that was able to do the surgery I needed. He may not have "sat by my side and held my hand", but Iresearched him and the procedure and knew what to expect. The surgery that only he cold do SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Dr. Rosemurgy is a wonderful talented surgeon and a caring man. I am so happy that I was referred to the best.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2011

This Dr. told me that I needed surgery done to cure my GERD. Not only did he want to do 1 surgery but he messed with a surgery that I had done 10 years prior, which was causing no problems. Not only did he mess that surgery up the one he did do was not effective! During post op appt. I let him know I still had acid reflux and he told me I was crazy, had me in tears when I walked out of his office! 10 years later I still have acid reflux, Thanks Doc for nothing, biggest mistake I ever made was dealing with him!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Dr. Alexander S. Rosemurgy's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1979)