Ratings for Dr. V. Joseph Karnitis

My husband and I went to Doctor Karnitis in late 1995. We had tried all other procedures I.e., artificial insemination, basal thermometer with no luck. I wanted a baby more than anything on earth and I didn't hold out much hope of getting pregnant through IVF. I became pregnant in January of 1996 and gave birth to my daughter on October 2, 1996! I was shocked and actually didn't believe Suzanne when she called to inform me that I was pregnant. She kindly guaranteed me that the positive pregnancy test was actually mine and not a mix up. I had another go at IVF the following year and became pregnant once again however at my follow up they were, sadly, unable to detect a heartbeat. I waited a few months to try once more (knowing it would be the last time.). My daughter was 2 1/2 years old when our triplets were born. Dr. Karnitis is THE BEST infertility doctor as far as I am concerned. The staff he had so many years ago were wonderful. I have been truly Blessed. Thank you Dr. K!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

After 5 years and three miscarriages he still has no answers. Worst staff ever.. Meg is the rudest most uncaring nurse I have ever meet.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

I recently left the practice after 12+ cycles of treatment, due solely to the rudeness, sloppiness, and negativity of the staff. One nurse in particular, actually. I'll call her Nurse M. Dr. Karnitis has always treated my husband and me with kindness and respect, but Nurse M was an absolute nightmare to deal with. We actually spoke to Dr. K about different problems we had with Nurse M, more than once, and were told, more or less, that there is no way around her. I pray that she leaves this practice and goes somewhere she won't have contact with patients. I would like to mention that Dr. Karnitis is a good doctor with wonderful bedside manner. He is intelligent, soft-spoken, and kind. I so wish I could've stayed in treatment with him, but I could not take his staff any longer. There are other options in the Toledo area - keep looking.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

Most of the staff at the Infertility Center are nice and helpful; however, there is one nurse who is very rude. As for Dr. Karnitis, he does seem like a nice person, however, I felt like he made up his mind with what my problem was and never listened to me. He treated me for two months and at the time I was nursing my child (I told him this at my first appointment and I believe it was mentioned in the very long, detailed questionnaire that I filled) when I later asked about this, he said the treatments would not work if you are nursing. He also told me that it is virtually impossible to get pregnant while nursing and that was my problem. If he had read my chart, he would have noticed that I did get pregnant while nursing, but lost the child. When I asked him about this, he blew me off (typical for most questions that I asked) and said that my eggs were probably bad. If you are looking for a doctor who will listen to you and answer your questions, I would recommend someone else.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Karnitis is amazing! He is very kind and truly makes me feel like he cares about me. Other doctors treat you as if you are just another person in line - get 'em in, get 'em out, but not him. My husband and I have been seeing him for the last few months and are confident that he will help us start a family soon. I am very grateful there are great doctors like him in this world and would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

For as much money as I have spent at this clinic, I am disappointed that I only had the opportunity to meet with the doctor once. In meeting with him, I felt that he was quick to interrupt me and dismiss my questions. All other details related to my treatment, including procedures, were handled solely by staff. I did not feel valued as a patient.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

Dr. Karnitis is EXCELLENT Doctor, caring, thoughtful,very knowledgeable including his staff, thanks to him i'm a mother of a gorgeous boy(9 years old) and a set of twins(7 years old), i am the happiest person in the world, i thank God everyday for those 3 treasure and Dr. Karnitis, thank you so much.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

His nurse was really rude and very insensitive. He sucked and did not help us at all. We spent money and got no where.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2010

He is very experienced with good knowledge. I showed him my basal temperature record, and he believed it is common for my reproductive system. Before I visited him, some of other people thought that the temperature is not good for pregnancy. He also explained what a right way to be pregnant is in details, which helped me a lot. He made me confident that I could be pregnant. And I am pregnant now. I totally agree that he has an excellent manner, great communication skills, and is compassionate and kind. I trust him! And his staff is kind too.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

An exceptional caring, considerate and kind Doctor. I now have a beautiful daughter. He is the best.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. V. Joseph Karnitis's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)