Ratings for Dr. Erin E. Piontek

Worst doctor I have ever seen. I went to her with a list of symptoms and terrible shoulder pain. She was rude and acted bored as if I was putting her out. She ordered an MRI for the shoulder and the nurses called the next day to say it was normal. No follow-up necessary. Pain wouldn't go away so I got a second opinion to discover I had bursitis, tendonitis, osteoarthritis and a large cyst on the end of my collarbone that required surgery to actually cut of part of the bone. She was horrible and I would never EVER recommend her to anyone I knew. She is a disgrace to the medical field.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

I am very surprised to see anything other than positive ratings for Dr. Piontek here. She has been my entire family's MD for three years and I have never had anything but positive experiences with her and her staff. If my kids are sick I always get in to see her right away and her assistant always calls me back within about an hour (at the most) when I leave a message. Dr. Piontek is a rare doctor that practices collaborative medicine - she listens to me, values my input and opinions, and offers me options rather than just writing me an Rx (as has been my experience with so many doctors). I suppose if you want a doctor that is paternalistic and directive, you might be disappointed in Dr. Piontek; perhaps this is why some people have not meshed well with her style. Personally, I hate that approach to medicine and really appreciate that she spends time getting to know me and my family, listens to us, and practices medicine with us, not ON us. Can't say enough good things about her!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

I visited this Dr. a year ago for a physical. I asked the Dr. about the pain in my chest on left side. The Dr. had no comment. It turned out I had a nodule of which I chose to see a pulmonologist on my own. Turned out - it was a mucous plug which had to be suctioned out. The Dr. did a biopsy, broncoscopy, now fine! Also, I explained pain in my back around right shoulder blade. Dr. Piontek just looked at me and raised her shoulders! I am now finding out a year later it is neuropathy from chemotherapy 4 years ago. I have suffered with this pain - now extreme for 2 & 1/2 years! Dr. Piontek has been little or no help!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr.Piontek ordered bloodwork for me and told me the results were normal. I asked to get a copy of the lab report and her nurse said they would send it in the mail, I never received it, but shortly after that I turned out to be pregnant so the bloodwork wasn't important. A year later, when I had all of my records sent to a specialist, it turns out that my bloodwork hadn't been normal after all. I'd still go to Dr.Piontek for something like strep throat or whatever, but definitely not for anything too complex.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2010

The staff in her office is AWEFUL and rude. They do not care about helping you, never return phone calls, and they talk about patient in the open area of the office (which is a big no;HIPAA). The Doctor herself is nice. I wont go back to her due to the staff.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

I was referred Pionteck by my doctor since she moved on. I have gone to Piontek several times with extreme lower abdomen pains she had be go through many, many test including a colonoscopy at 45. I originally asked if it could possibly me a female problem. These pains were so intense I came in the office in tears. Even a stong pain killer didn't seem to help. The next test was an ultrasound. They found fluid in my uterus. Piontek finally recommended my OBGYN. A week later I had surgury & have been free of pain for since mid Jan 2009. I felt she had sent me through unnecessary tests.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

During check ups, this doctor checks little girls private parts. She actually wears gloves and pulls apart the lips to look at the private area. She comments on how much hair they have grown in the private area. This can be bothersome to a child.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

My son loves to see her. She takes the time to answer all of our questions.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2008

Types notes while you are talking, which can be a little awkward, but she was very respectful of my opinion, a good listener, and very helpful with the several health problems I have had. However, I was billed nearly 1 year later for a vacine I recieved.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2008

Dr. Erin E. Piontek's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Pacificare