Ratings for Dr. Joshua B. Lamm

I have seen a number of shrinks over the years and Dr. Lamm is a very very rare psychiatrist who is a normal, personable, non-egotistical psychiatrist. He is careful with the meds he prescribes. I am very surprised to read some of the reviews that say that he is irritable because I have never encountered that.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Read most of the poor reviews; If you think he's changed since then, I'm afraid you are mistaken. I thought he was nice at first; generally knowledgeable, but upon prodding questions, he becomes irritable. HE also goes to the internet (I don't know what websites, but he does recommend me to use Google Scholar) for answers that he does not know 'off the top of my head'. WARNING: Do your research before you go to any doctors/psychiatrists/psychologists, etc. - I say check mostly reviews, but sometimes going a step further and challenging their knowledge (only when you're prepared) is necessary. Like, when you ask one professional the same question as another (separate from one another's presence), will they answer the same?

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr. Lamm. I paid $500 an hour and I feel completely robbed. I needed to speak with him to manage my medications properly and he ignored me for several weeks. When I finally spoke with him, he didn't remember who I was and needed me to explain myself all over again. He also told me that he "switched phones" so he didn't get any of my calls. For real? $500 an hour and you can't even remember who I am? That is NOT good health care.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2013

Reckless pill pusher who will flee if he messes up or causes a severe problem from his haphazard cocktails.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2012

I've been to many and this one is the best by far. Smart, responsive, good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Return calls or emails? Ha! Just try to get a response from this guy. He's very capricious; changing his point of view from one moment to the other. He borders on the unethical. Steer clear from this guy.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2010

Put me at ease instantly.He listens carefully, has a good sense of humor, and is very smart. Made sense out of my chaos and helped me in the right direction. Interestingly, he did NOT prescribe medication for me!! He didnt think I needed it!!! Now thats a breath of fresh air!!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2009

worst doctor i've ever seen. charming facade covered up complete ineptitude and enormous ego.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

i was referred to him for major depression and wound up hospitalized following a suicide attempt. dr. lamm was charming and friendly the first few meetings; as i continued to not improve - to get worse - he became disrespectful, demeaning and somewhat bullying. he prescribed meds with horrific side effects (dizziness, rash, all over cracked and broken skin, fainting, cognitive impairment), but when i reported them, he refused to decrease the dose or switch to something else until i brought in a third party to "verify" the side effects. he did not return calls or emails, or messages via his secretary. he routinely informed me that "he had 25 years of experience and i did not. period." i was demeaned, confused, and terrified. despite all that, i contineud to see him, including to try calling the night of my suicide attempt. alas, no response. 3 weeks in the hospital, yet no contact from him. i am so lucky to have lived through his "treatment." stay far away from this man.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009

Dr. Joshua B. Lamm's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1983)

Alta Health Network