Ratings for Dr. Zachary I. Hodes

Three years ago I was wheeled upstairs after a disastrous cardiac catheter. Dr. Hodes was not on duty at that station; he had dropped in to say hello to a friend. But when he saw me in the gurney, being transferred back to a bed, he immediately came over and asked how I was. Making a long story short, he went personally to get Dr. Moen, the head of the Cardiac Catheter Dept. at St. Vincent, and ushered her in to see me. Dr Moen and Dr. Hodes both insisted that I go back down immediately for a re-do on the catheter, which I agreed to, provided the "doctor" who'd done it before (this was the second such incident, same "surgeon") was not present. Dr. Moen did the work herself,quickly and perfectly. The first "surgeon" had nicked my artery in two places and left it bleeding, and, having found a fatty deposit in one of the blood vessels, he simply stapled over it. But this is about the excellence of Dr. Hodes, and Dr. Elaine Moen. I trust each of them with my life, and thank God for them.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Eazy to talk too and very understandingHe is willing to take time with you

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

I am alive today because of Dr. Hodes. He first cared for me after my first heart attack in 1994 and again after my second one in 1996. After it became apparent that my atherosclerosis was worsening despite low BP and cholesterol, he suggested surgery by one of his colleagues and, after the quintuple bypass in 2000, my quality of life has improved dramtically. Dr. Hodes has watched my progress closely as he truly cares about his patients. In fact, it was he that was responsible for getting me off the Marlboros by reading me the riot act! He takes the time you need with him, not the time his scheduler allots. He is truly the consummate healthcare professional.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009

Dr. Hodes is wonderful. I am a 30 year old mother of 2 that had a very rare cause of heart attack (postpartum). Dr. Hodes wasted no time in finding the cause of my problem. He explains everything and accepts questions well. I am glad he was the doctor on call during my trip to the ER. I would definetly recommend him!!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2008

Dr. Zachary I. Hodes's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)