Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Giombetti

Dr. Giombetti rescued me from a nightmare lifestyle. When I came to him five years ago I had chronic pelvic pain and had been self catheterizing myself for several months. My bladder neck was partially paralyzed. I spent many days doubled up in bed from pain. I was barely able to function. Top notch urologists at UCLA could not even help me. My story has a happy ending. Thanks to Dr. Giombetti's persistence my quality of life has totally changed. Within a month Dr. G made great strides toward my recovery from chronic pelvic pain. I avoided several surgeries which other doctors were pushing . If it were not for Dr. Giombetti's knowledge and persistence I would still be suffering. One thing you can be sure of when you visit Dr. G's office is that he will take time to listen, discuss and explain things to you. Dr. Giombetti's office staff is awesome. They are always super kind and very good about scheduling test quickly. Mary, his assistant and nurse, is a gem ! She is very kind and knowledgeable. I hope this information will be helpful for patients seeking a neurologist. Your search is over. You have found a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I have been a patient of DR. G's for over 15 years and have found his office staff to be wonderful and friendly and helpful with every appointment and test I ever needed. The Dr and Mary Wilson are the best. He is very knowledgeable and had helped me so many times to avoid surgery or to at least put it off long enough to be able to keep my quality of life at its best. I trust him to work with me to take care of my body in the best way possible to give me the quality of life that best serves me and my future. He will never rush you out of the office and is always ready to listen to every concern you might have.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I recommend those reading these comments to not pay any attention to those on the 2nd page since they are very old ones...read the current ones....healthcare has changed tremendously and I have been seeing Dr Giombetti for almost 20 years. I have relapse remitting MS and have been able to not be in wheelchair due to his proactive manner in treating this condition. He is very up to date on MS treatments available and will do everything possible to stop the progression. He cares tremendously about his patients and staff is courteous. The nurse in the office is Mary Wilson and she is courteous, knowledgeable, kind and soft spoken, truly loves being a nurse. If you are looking for a Neurologist that cares and that is up to date with conditions in this specialty don't look any further give Dr Giombetti's office a phone call and set up an appointment to see him. He is fantastic and I would not be walking, employed, stabilized the progression of MS without him....I owe it all to him and he is very knowledgeable in Neuorology...

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

I have complete confidence in Dr. Giombetti's treatment of my MS (Multiple Sclerosis) which Dr. G has been my neurologist since the beginning. Next year will be 20 years! and feel blessed to have found a truely caring neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Giombetti is efficient and professional. He treats both my husband and me, and we feel as though we are in good hands. Dr. G. consults with my other specialists and immediately returns my phone call if call him with a problem, even if it is after office hours. Once he came to see me on a Sunday morning at 6:30, and I was not even his patient at that time! I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

After seeing 2 other doctors who could not tell me why I was falling down more frequently and with no apparent reason, Dr. Giombetti finally diagnosed my problem. I had Parkinson's Disease. He explained in full details what PD was and how we had to try and find a way to slow down its progression. It took several years to find the right combination of medication to slow it down. During this period, it was beginning to be difficult to work because of my condition and I realized that no one was going to hire a person with PD. After several years of trying to find a job, Dr. Giombetti recommend I start applying for Disability since it takes a very long time to process. He helped me in submitting all of my medical records, office visits, and medication records to the SSA office. This is a doctor that really cares about his patients. I heard other Doctors would charge their patients a fee to release any information or letters to outside agencies. Dr. Giombetti never charged me a penny for this. He wrote letters and reports for any agency had the need to know. Dr. Giombetti is an excellent doctor who really does care for his patients. I have been with him for 9 years and I will never go to another neurologist. He is smart and knows his stuff. No wonder he was invited to appear on MD-VOD to talk about MS. Checkout the video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpu0YmBgadg. I have and will always recommend him to other people.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

After moving from the East Coast, because my husband and I suffered from a number of neurological disorders, it was necessary we find a neurologist. A friend recommend Dr. Giombetti ~ we are very happy they did! He was attentive, professional, and made certain we get the best care. Previous doctors strongly advised me getting surgery on my neck. After consulting with Dr Giombetti, he recommend otherwise, and explained in great detail the pros and cons (I'm very glad I didn't go through with it). We have full faith and confidence in Dr. Giombetti's assessment and treatment. We highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I have seen Dr. Giombetti for multiple issues from carpal tunnel to migraines. He's smart and thorough. He and his nurse are a great partnership. He explains in detail and gives options. His referrals to other MDs have been excellent.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Rude and crud. Stay away.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

When I saw Dr. Giombetti I was experiencing very painful numbness and burning in my foot, leg and to a lesser extent, my arm. After a quick physical neurological test and very little explanation he whipped out his Rx pad for Gabopentin. Since my mom had multiple sclerosis, I was concerned my symptoms could be the beginning of MS. He was very dismissive and condescending when I would try to ask him any questions. I was trying to explain that I wanted to understand the root causes of my pain but he kept telling me to take the meds (which I did). I went to him 3 times before searching for a new neurologist. Wish I had done my homework first.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Robert J. Giombetti's Credentials

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry, Rochester Ny 14642 (Grad. 1986)

Top Hospitals in Marina Del Rey, CA