Ratings for Dr. Sri Kantha

This Doctor overstepped his bounds by performing minimally invasive back surgery,ostensibly to correct a herniated disc at L5/S1. He injured my S1 nerve root with his instruments, leaving me with intractable pain in my foot which I never had before the "procedure" was done. I have not been able to walk or work since January 3, 2008. Subsequently, I sought the help of a respected, well-known, board certified neurosurgeon.He ordered an MRI with contrast which showed that the herniation was still present. He performed successful open-back surgery to correct the herniation, but could do nothing to repair the damaged S1 nerve root. Only time will tell if it heals. I will forever regret the fact that I did not assiduously investigate Kantha's credentials. He is not board certified in ANYTHING, and was cited three times for malpractice in 2007, according to the Physician's Credentials Report. My life and that of my wife and four sons may be changed forever. Patients, know your physician.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Dr. Sri Kantha's Credentials

• Univ Of Colombo, Fac Of Med, Colombo, Sri Lanka (Grad. 1968)

GHI