Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Cook

At first, I liked Dr. Cook more than any other pediatrician we had met in DeKalb. However, she was comfortable allowing my 14-18 month old daughter have ear infections for 4 months straight, using back-to-back antibiotics. She never suggested having her hearing checked, and when I asked when we should consider seeing an ENT, she said, "when we see a speech-language problem develop". I self-referred to an area ENT who expressed dismay that my daughter's infections had gone on so long (and they WERE causing hearing loss); she had tubes within 2 weeks, and was like a whole new child. We could have been saved an entire summer of misery! Even worse, though, was that she wanted to wash out one of my kiddo's ears using a WaterPik (tooth cleaner), having a nurse hold her down for 10 minutes of a noisy machine next to her head ... when she finished, there was blood coming out of my daughter's ear. I mentioned it, and rather than taking a look inside her ear, she tossed me a cotton ball!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr. Suzanne Cook's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Sycamore, IL