Ratings for Dr. Kevin O'Neal

For some reason, my review has vanished. My daughter was seen here on 7/1/2015. Her mother was then the receptionist, now prompted to technician. My daughter had been seen by five different eye doctors in three years at this point, Dr. O'Neal being number six and fourth employer of Mom (three her mother's employers, one her regular optometrist, one the leading pediatric glaucoma specialist in the country). They all had decided my daughter had unusually large eye cuppings and should be followed as a glaucoma suspect, but her eyes were completely healthy. This doctor decided she had glaucoma, needed quarterly eye check ups, and eye drops were in her future. Although, the office manager informed me I would have to pay to speak to the doctor or see him because I had been unable to attend the appointment due to work, visits for the receptionist for my daughter would be free. Office manager would not confirm or deny receptionist claims Dr. O'Neal only sees glaucoma patients and further told me I could not email mother at her private email address during work hours. I had to contact previous employer to find out this claim was untrue. Upon returning to the leading pediatric glaucoma specialist, we were told NOPE, no Glaucoma and mom advised to quit messing with her eyes. The unprofessionalism and illegal billing done at this office are mortifying. Not to mention the violation of my legal parental rights.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. O'Neal is wonderful! He goes above and beyond for every patient! I had extreme pain in my eye and called his office. His staff was quick to get me an appointment and even more attentive when I arrived. Dr. O'Neal came in the room and immediately make me feel like family. My visit was quick and painless. On my way out, I scheduled my routine exam. I will forever be a patient of Dr. O'Neal!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Dr. p'neal has always been extremely attentive, and friendly. I trust his knowledge, and expertise.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. O'Neal is great. He takes extra time to listen to my concerns. When he doesn't know something he admits it and doesn't pretend otherwise (he'd not heard of my rare skin condition). He is certainly well knowledgeable in his field. Best of all, when I complained about my glasses many months after the money back period had passed, he replaced them at no charge to me, and ate the cost himself. This office is very concerned about keeping the customer happy - I only wish all doctors were this good.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

I was new to the area and chose this doctor as someone in my insurance network and close to home. The office staff was pleasant and when the insurance payment did not go through correctly with my vision care plan (it should have gone through my medical plan since he is an M.D. rather than an O.D.) they followed through politely via phone calls rather than just sending bills in the mail. Dr. Neal was timely, polite, personable, gave a thorough exam, and I did not feel rushed through in any way. There was a minor concern, so he wanted to follow up in 6 months rather than waiting for my next annual exam. My experience with the follow up exam was similar, and I have no reservations about referring anyone to this doctor for routine eye care. I do not however, have any personal knowledge of his reputation or skill as an eye surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Dr. O'Neal is the rudest, most arrogant doctor I have ever met. He interrupted me constantly, treated me as if I am stupid, and brushed off all my questions. When he found out I have graduate degrees in computer science, he was a bit nicer. I would never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Dr. Kevin O'Neal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. O'Neal has been practicing in Cary since 2001. Formerly with Western Wake Eye, he now has opened his own practice at Cary Eye Center. Dr. O'Neal focuses on cataract surgery, glaucoma treatment, dry eye, eye problems and emergencies, as well as routine examinations for glasses and contacts.

• English
  • Spanish

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1997)
  • Duke University (Grad. 2001)
  • Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)
  • University of California, Los Angeles (Grad. 1987)

• Board Certified, American Board of Ophthalmology, 2003 and 2013
  • Best Research Award, Duke University, 2000
  • Best Surgical Award, Duke University, 2001

Vision Service Plan (Vsp)

Top Hospitals in Cary, NC