You may also like

Nasty phone person. Didn't bother making an appointment.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

This is a follow up to my husband's review on July 8, 2015. My stepdaughter has since returned to her Pediatric Glaucoma Specialist at Duke Eye who states NO Glaucoma, no more testing for 2-3 years. Dr O'Neal was condemning an 8 yo to quarterly visits and prescription eye drops for the rest of her life. In direct opposition to five other specialists seen in 3.5 years. Had my husband blindly went along with this, what could've happened? I shudder to think and am saddened to see the insurance fraud committed and 'dual' billing system they have in place for legal guardians. Beware of this practice if you have a brain and question them.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Unfortunately, my daughter was seen and I was lied to by this receptionist/mother and told he was a glaucoma specialist seeing only glaucoma patients. When I had questions due to his diagnosis, this office shut me down. Said I would have to pay to speak to doctor but was a benefit for mom. (Stark law anyone?). They refused to confirm or deny receptionist/mother claims stating only treats glaucoma patients. I had to call previous practice to find out this was a lie.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Good experience ..................................

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr. p'neal has always been extremely attentive, and friendly. I trust his knowledge, and expertise.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

Dr. O'Neal is great. He takes extra time to listen to my concerns. When he doesn't know something he admits it and doesn't pretend otherwise (he'd not heard of my rare skin condition). He is certainly well knowledgeable in his field. Best of all, when I complained about my glasses many months after the money back period had passed, he replaced them at no charge to me, and ate the cost himself. This office is very concerned about keeping the customer happy - I only wish all doctors were this good.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

I was new to the area and chose this doctor as someone in my insurance network and close to home. The office staff was pleasant and when the insurance payment did not go through correctly with my vision care plan (it should have gone through my medical plan since he is an M.D. rather than an O.D.) they followed through politely via phone calls rather than just sending bills in the mail. Dr. Neal was timely, polite, personable, gave a thorough exam, and I did not feel rushed through in any way. There was a minor concern, so he wanted to follow up in 6 months rather than waiting for my next annual exam. My experience with the follow up exam was similar, and I have no reservations about referring anyone to this doctor for routine eye care. I do not however, have any personal knowledge of his reputation or skill as an eye surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

Dr. O'Neal is the rudest, most arrogant doctor I have ever met. He interrupted me constantly, treated me as if I am stupid, and brushed off all my questions. When he found out I have graduate degrees in computer science, he was a bit nicer. I would never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Dr. Kevin O'Neal's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1997)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nasty phone person. Didn't bother making an appointment. "

December 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This is a follow up to my husband's review on July 8, 2015. My stepdaughter has since returned to her Pediatric Glaucoma Specialist at Duke Eye who states NO Gl..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Unfortunately, my daughter was seen and I was lied to by this receptionist/mother and told he was a glaucoma specialist seeing only glaucoma patients. When I ha..."

July 7, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.eyesurgeonsmd.com" to "http://www.eyesurgeonsmd.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "27511" to "27518". Address has been updated from "None" to "400 Ashville Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19192332020".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Good experience .................................."

November 14, 2014