Ratings for Dr. Nelson A. Alawode

I love this office. There may be a wait at sometimes but it is always worth the wait. I have been seeing Dr. Alawode for over 10 years now and have always had 100% from him and the staff. He delivered both of my children and made each delivery as comfortable and pleasant as possible and is by the far the best gyn/obstetrician ever. Dr. Alawode and his staff are always 100% polite , friendly and make you feel like family. 5+ Stars always.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

I love their office. Only thing is the waiting apt are hardly on time. But they are worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Very Professional. Big thanks to him & his staff. He made the process worry free for my daughter to deliver her son by c section.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

Dr. Alawode is the best obgyn. I been with his practice for 6 year an will never go to anyone else. everyone keeps talking about how much time they have to wait when you have to wait at every doctor's office. Keep being the great doctor you are Dr. Alawode

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

While Dr. Alawude is an excellent practitioner, his current practice is not ideal. I waited close to an hour and a half for a routine exam. His staff overbooked the schedule and there was one nurse to handle all of the appointments. This is ridiculous and unacceptable. The medical technician was not friendly or apologetic for the wait. Even though Dr. Always is well experienced and good natured, the experience of waiting in his office is not worth it if you need routine care. Very, very disappointed with my visit.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr. Alawode is the best. He is down to earth and genuinely cares about his patients. Some have complained about having to wait to be seen, I only have to see him once a year and feel it is so worth the wait.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

I've met Dr. Alawode once in the five years I've been going to his practice; he refers all of his gynecological patients to his nurse practitioner. The one time I requested to see him was for a couple of months after a miscarriage, to check if everything was OK since I hadn't gotten my period. He said that I didn't need an exam and was clearly in excellent health, and not to stress about getting pregnant. In fact, I ended up being eight weeks pregnant at that point. Very frustrating experience on the whole, and I have since left this practice.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

I LOVE Dr. Alawode. One thing is sometimes you do spend time waiting, but what you have to remember is babies are unpredictable. I know through my pregnancies I had difficulties. When you are pregnant and having issues you want no one other than Dr. Alawode caring for you and your unborn child especially in a crisis situation. You have to take that into consideration. You will find that same situation is other offices. Babies are on their own time.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

Love Dr A. Rachael (nurse practitioner) is truly awesome. I schedule her as much as possible. The staff is wonderful. Put a little effort to get to know them and they will bend over backwards for you. The wait time is not fun. Best advice, get them to schedule you as early as they can & it helps a small bit. The lady who takes your blood is a godsend. Wish I could go to her all the time for my blood work for other doctors! She is the best! Unfortunately, my stay at SoMD hospital was such a horrible, horrendous ordeal after delivery (the birth & delivery nurses/floor was excellent) I actually considered leaving before being released as the floor nurses are incompetent, rude, lazy, just plain terrible...that I will not deliver another child at SoMd Hospital if we are still in the county. It is unfortunate Dr A does not deliver elsewhere as I will need to find another OB/Gyn for my next pregnancy

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

my appointment time was 9:00am, I arrived at 8:45am and already had all my paperwork filled out, I was not called back to be seen until 10:45am!!! That is just ridiculous and not acceptable. Staff seemed friendly but unfortunately i think they need help in that office.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr. Nelson A. Alawode's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)