Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Kiken

I needed an emergency tooth extraction. Dr. Kiken was able to see me quickly. He clearly explained what he was doing and what I need to do to recover and care for the extraction site. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely see Dr. Kiken in the future if I need an oral surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr. Kiken has treated both of my sons and always gets them laughing even though they are scared about treatment. He really takes time with each of our questions. I have never felt rushed. Jana and the front desk girls were super sweet and explained our insurance to us. His staff is really wonderful. They treated me and my boys like family. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Avoid at all costs. Dr. Kiken has a horrible bedside manner. He did my dental implants and I had to have corrective surgery afterward. He was rushed the whole time and didnt fully answer my questions after since he hurried off to his next patient. When I called a couple days later about an infection, he blamed me and said I micromanage my symptoms. I ended up going to urgent care for post op treatment since he would consult with me. At my followup visit, he performed another procedure without my consent while I was under sedation. His office staff is very unorganized. All my visits were cancelled/rescheduled to different times because Dr. Kiken cant keep appointments. They failed to notify me that they didnt get pre-certification so I got stuck with the whole bill. Very bad, painful, traumatic experience.

Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr. Kiken's staff was awesome! Seriously they were the nicest office people. Super helpful with confusing insurance stuff. Dr. Kiken is blunt but very hilarious. He's just a guy from New Jersey who tells it like it is. Really great results. My smile looks great. =)

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I had surgery several years ago with Dr Kiken and if I could do it again I wouldn't have had him do it. He was the only dr my insurance would cover, and I regret not pushing to find someone else. He didn't fully explain the risks, he was annoyed when we called for a post-surgey question (I wasn't able to breathe--it was kind of a big issue), he caused serious problems with my nose and I had to have two surgeries to fix it, he did sometihng during my procedure that I said I didn't want, and he blatently lied to me. Overall, it was a really bad experience and I'd never see him again. Please do your homework prior to having a serious surgery by him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I had some teeth pulled by Dr Kiken.Yes all the reviews are correct--he is direct--with no bedside or customer service skills at all.He works quickly as if it were a race to get finished.But he does get the result of getting the job. done

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

i had my wisdom teeth +2more out in one visit. He is very direct in manner and not very informative, but the procedure was much less terrible than i imagined it would be. I appreciated his realistic manner in explaining the procedure to me, and the end result was satisfactory.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

I was very nervous when I went in to have some teeth pulled. Dr. Kiken and his staff put me at ease and made me as comfortable as I could be, given that I was about to have teeth pulled. I was very pleased with my overall experience and would recommend Dr. Kiken any time. I would trust him with my family and in fact made an appointment for my son to have wisdom teeth extracted.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Excellent doctor. Excellent result in a caring atmosphere Told he was the best in town and I believe it. Highly recommended by friends and my other dentist.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Dr. Kiken was recommended by our dentist and I am so sorry I didn't check the reviews here before going. I am not surprised at all about what I'm reading from Dr. Kiken's bedside manner to the billing issues. The insurance refused to cover a portion of a surgery and of course we were left with the responsibility. Which would be fine, except that this surgery was never preauthorized. We even specifically expressed the need to know how much the insurance would cover after the consultation. The total cost we were given was not from a preauthorization. I have not been to a doctor's office that hasn't preauthorized before a surgery or even something as simple as a splint - (at my old orthodontists office). I felt things were not made clear at all and throughout discussions, they never seemed to get how to do a few simple things to improve communication and keep these situations at bay. That was the most disturbing part to me. I would not ever return to this office.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009