Ratings for Dr. Carlo Filiaci

He provides no useful therapy. No answers for anything. No ideas for treatment. We just sit there. He can't get a session started. Easy to get a prescription. A man on the downside of his career just looking for a payday.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

(Second comment, the first one was in 2011). Dr. Filiaci is definitely a good psychiatrist. I have not been to others so I cannot really say how it compares, but in vacuum he is certainly at least good/great. He is flexible, he is understanding, and he is compassionate. Sometimes he strikes my as slightly bipolar (sometimes he will ask questions and seem interested, and at other times I'll be out of the office in 90 seconds(which is actually great after several years of seeing the same doctor. He does seem to be flexible with prescriptions and he will go the "extra mile" accommodate you. Cons? After Mary (I hope I got the name right) quit, the office stopped sending emails about doctors' time off, and sometimes you may need to wait a few days before getting another RX. However Dr. Filiaci always provides a referral to another Pdoc.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

Dr. Filiaci is wonderful! He is attentive and very knowledgeable at what he does. However, his "receptionist", Allondra is far from professional. She interrupted constantly as I was trying to make an appointment, took two weeks to confirm an appointment and told me that I had left rambling messages which she just deleted. With so many unemployed people she should not have this type of job. She should leave this job to a caring, dedicated person who will only enhance Dr. Filiaci's practice not drag it through the mud.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

dr was very helpful we talked for sometime and he helped me with my problems highly recomended. some of these others posts are spot on. if you are looking for an indepth meeting may want to look elsewhere but if you are looking to get something to help you out hes your guy.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

Great Doctor. Took all the necessary info in the first session, and prescribed the correct Rx right away. Also, most importantly he is always straight with you and doesn't try to preach. If you ask him what are the chances of you getting developing an addiction to something over time, he will tell you the truth BUT he will also tell you what can be done before something ever becomes a problem and what you can or shouldn't do in the meantime. Also, and this is very important for a doctor's office, the receptionist is very knowledgeable and helpful, and will go out of her way to make sure all your paperwork is in order so you don't have to worry about it later. The doctor is definitely recommended.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

Wonderful, caring doctor. He takes his time to fully understand issues, problems and family background. Also, I feel that he genuinely cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

I never thought I would do this... but I have to. Filiaci has injured me bcz he was not proactive about my needs. All of my new meds were MY suggestion, that I got through a friend. I finally found a specialist and he said I'm being treated like schizophrenic instead of a bipolar with impossible insomnia. He told me, and I quote, "take more geodon, take more tegretol, take them at night." I said "you want me to just take more of what I already have? Is that your answer? He yelled at me over the phone that I'm addicted to everything (x3), when in fact I'm only tolerant to my sleep aids. I asked if that was it? "Are you giving up on me?" Then he gave me Trilafon. Look it up. This is all true. I do not mean to hurt his career, but some people need to hear it. I almost wound up in the hospital. Again. The specialist I found said I'm on a dangerously high amount of Clonopin. I asked Filiaci for 6mgs/day. He gave it to me without a flinch. Just do your own research guys, protect yourselves.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Dr. Filiaci acts like a psychiatric vending machine. He's incredibly unhelpful and just shoves prescriptions into my hand. General I walk out of his office feeling more worried about myself than I did when I walked in.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Great Doctor. Been seeing him for years. Have been through about 10 other pych's in the city.They would all bug me. He's great. He talks when you want him to, and leaves you alone when you want. I just want my meds, and to get in and out. That's how it is with him. I do my own research on medications. He might be about 65, but he appears to be in really good health. He can be very insightful, caring, and quite amicable when you need him to be. His accent is not strong. And he is not a drug pusher. He has concern for his patients. I hope he sticks around along time, because to me, he is the best in the city. His secretery is a bit coarse, but so what.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

I saw Dr. Filiaci during a transitional period in my life when, after resigning from a high position in a NY publishing company, I was moving to enter a seminary and become a priest. This was not something I took lightly, so I thought it best to check myself by talking to a psychiatrist. I saw Dr. Filiaci for several months and was very happy with the sessions. He was empathic, helpful and very interested in the pretty out of the ordinary life change I was undertaking at that juncture. Wow, I wish I could see him again now, but I don't have health insurance anymore. I have nothing bad to say about this doctor. He was very forthright with me and answered any question I had regarding medications, treatment, exercise, etc. It was also nice to wander down to Greenwich Village for these sessions. His office is just off Washington Square. And we'd speak a little Italian together too, which made the discussions more lively.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr. Carlo Filiaci's Credentials

• Univ Di Padova, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Padova, Italy (Grad. 1964)