Ratings for Dr. Kinion Whittington

Dr. Whittington has a different style, some may love it and others may hate it. I still have mixed feelings about him. In the beginning I thought it was different and nice, but this was my first baby and I honestly had no idea about anything. He had a laid back "whatever" attitude and was quick and concise with any questions I had. Pretty business like, but so very nonchalant, kind of like a friend? There wasn't much to complain about in the beginning but later when it was getting closer and closer to my due date I really started to worry about if I had made the right choice. I thought he was funny at first and my husband liked him a bit but when you hear "Yup, you're pregnant..." at each and every visit, it gets old, fast. I wish he elaborated more, especially since it was my first time. I was 36 weeks and he completely forgot I was in the patient room waiting for him. I heard him outside multiple times, and even saw him before entering the patient room. I waited an hour or so and then Dr. Hensley came in to see me and apologized on his behalf. The next time I saw him I wondered if he would mention it, he did, he laughingly apologized. I felt a little better, but started thinking "this guy really couldn't care less." Then came delivery day. I delivered at TMC the nurses were absolutely wonderful. I saw him once before starting to push. The nurses got me to start pushing and as I did my sons head was almost out. The nurses told me to stop and said we had to wait for him. They called him and said he said he would be here within 20 minutes. An hour passes. He walks in with his "whatever" attitude and talks about how he's remodeling his house and how "sweet" it's going to be. We all hear a POP! He Muttered something, I asked "What was that??" He told me it was nothing. It was my tailbone breaking. Awesome. In the end, my son was healthy and happy. I wouldn't have had any problems if Dr. Whittington would have just been serious in serious moments, showed more empathy, elaborated more for a first time mom, and didn't ALWAYS have a "whatever" attitude. I will most likely not recommend him, and I won't use him again.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I don't dread going for annual exams with the doc. He saw through my pregnancy, and postpartum care was great. I had PPD and it was validated and treated with his office. He's got a great sense of humor, even when his answer is "yeah, you're pregnant, it's going to get worse, sorry" you laugh along with it knowing it's true. My husband even enjoyed his sense of humor and has utmost respect for him as a physician as he's come with me on appointments for postpartum health. I always feel respected as a patient.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Nice and personable . Office staff was great. He delivers at TMC TOO.....

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Like a friend not a doctor. Wish others doctors were like him.....

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Whittington by my family doctor. He was very knowledgeable and took care of my problem quickly I could not be happier.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Wonderful doc great bedside manor. Really liked him and his nurse. He always ask if I had any other questions every visit that was nice. A lot of docs don't do that I have found. I will be referring my friends to him.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I had preeclampsia the whole time I was pregnant which when I asked why I was seeing spots he said it was nothing but it was blood pressure. He finally sent me to be induced he never came up there my son ended up having inuterine growth restrictions from high blood pressure & his heart rate was dropping & he still never came I finally had csection due to his hr & I wasn't going into labor & Hensley came & did it.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

I attended lactation classes there. The classes were helpful and I paid for them. The instructor offered to visit me in the hospital. On the day after my son was born, she came over to say hi and see how things were going. She never once offered any assistance, just praise for doing the right thing. Eight months later, I find out they billed my insurance and were charging me for that visit. I believe that is unfair and not right. Their office staff is rude and calls me threatening me to pay. I have never experienced a visit with Dr. Whittington but based on this encounter, I would say that they are in it for the money and not for the patient. If you are considering the lactation class, make sure you are ready to pay for things later when you don't even receive quality service!

Submitted January 13, 2013

He was always in a rush. His answer to any problem was always, "Yup you're pregnant. Deal with it." He came in the exam room listen to the fetal hearbeat. I had to remind every time there was 2. He was in such a hurry he didn't even look at my files. I seen him once during the 24 hours of my labor. The nurses basically delivered my kids. Baby A's head was out & I was told not to push we had to wait on Dr. Whittington. He came in with a coffee in his hand. He had time to stop for coffee, meanwhile I have a baby hanging out of me & another to deliver. He also called me a pansy & said his grandmother could push better than me. I WILL NOT USE HIM AGAIN NOR WILL I SUGGEST HIM TO ANYONE!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Best doctor I have met. A doctor that acts more like a family friend than a doctor? Why can't there be more doctors with that kind of bedside manor? Exceptional patient care!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Dr. Kinion Whittington's Credentials

• Ok State Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Tulsa, Ok 74107 (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Durant, OK