Ratings for Dr. Richard S. Castaldo

I was a patient of Dr. Castaldo's for over ten years. I inherited him when Dr. Fracasso turned his practice over to him. Initially I really liked Dr. Castaldo and thought that he was a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. Eventually It became harder and harder to see him and he became worse and worse as a doctor and lost all of his bedside manner. If I was lucky to see the doctor rather than a PA he was rushed and always kept his hand on the doorknob as if he was ready to exit. Many times he cut me off when I was speaking . . had no interest in my health and was only motivated to write an RX. I vowed not to return to him but then I had a car accident and was having a hard time getting a new primary MD as nobody would take me with an open no fault case so I returned to Dr. Castaldo. He became someone who was building a case against the insurance company rather than a medical doctor. All he cared about was documentation and prescribing pain pills and making referrals out to other ambulance chasers. The final straw was when I called the office in pain requesting an emergency appointment, drove all the way to tonawanda from Orchard Park and was greeted by his PITBULL office manager Sandy who barked at me loudly for all in the waiting room to hear telling me that I didn't belong there but have gone to the pain management doctor. She then was shouting about not receiving payment from my no-fault insurance provider and would not see me until the insurance company made payment (a couple hundred dollars) I tried to explain that I called ahead and made an appointment and drove all the way from Orchard Park, why didn't they tell me that before I came all the way in? Sandy, the beast that she is could care less that I was in pain. All she cared about was the payment from the insurance company. In tears I left there and went home. The next day I received a letter from Dr. Castaldo "terminating our patient/doctor relationship". I never met one staff member in that office that wasn't nasty and rude with an attitude of indifference! This doctor was lucky to get a practice from one of the most beloved doctors in Buffalo, Dr. Joseph Fracasso --- for without it he would be nothing. It is a terrible shame that he did not respect Dr. Fracasso and his years of work with his patients to be a GOOD doctor to his patients . . . . why is this doctor still in business? I see all of these comments and they all ring to the same tune ----- I hope someday he messes with the wrong person and gets his but in a sling. I attended a White Coat Ceremony at UB medical school for incoming medical students. I listened to them take the oath of medicine and immediately thought of Dr. Castaldo who doesn't practice within that oath at all and as for customer service . . . if I could give no stars I WOULD. I don't know how any of them sleep at night and I feel sorry for the man (if there is one) that has to wake up next to that pitbull wife SANDY.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I am actually commenting from a physicians office. There is definitely a problem with the office staff. I am an office manager for a physicians office and would never tolerate rudeness to my office staff or from ANYONE for that matter. The staff in his office is the most non compassionate and ignorant staff I have ever dealt with. I will take this a step further if and when I ever receive a phone call back

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

Didn't see the Dr. For the last 3 years . The nurse is ok . Staff in office are the. Worst and the phone always busy and. never call back . Too bad because at first I liked them and now I am looking for newDr.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Been with him for years, great doctor always friendly, most of the time within 15min of my appointment. Have a lot of medical problems that he manages very nicely. Always listens to my comments, treats you with respect. I have traveled pretty far to keep my appointments with him and it has been well worth it.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2012

Seeing this Doctor may be dangerous. My mother in law is in the ICU right now because of this Doctor and his rude staff. When ever may mother-in-law would call his office they would give her an appointment 5 to 7 days later once for an infected cat bite another time was concerning dehydration. They would also phone in prescription meds without seeing her, sometimes for antibiotics and other times for sleeping meds. The last time he called over Anivert for dizziness again without seeing her. that time the problem was arrhythmia and low blood pressure 60/42. Three days later when we took her to the Doctors office we arrived at 10:00 for a 1:00 appointment we were told rudly that we were early and should come back at 1:00.unable to reach office to confirm apt.time) My mother-in-law was taken from the office by an ambulance. The phone is always busy and if you can get through no one returns your calls. She never sees the Doctor only PA. Unable to reach anyone in an emergency, SCARY!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

I like the doctor. He is a very good doctor. Very knowledgable. I have a very big problem with the receptionist. She was extremely rude to me after I made the mistake of showing up a day too soon. (Like I meant to) She could not have been more rude. I did nothing to her at all. When I asked for my test results, she was even more rude. I made a very nasty comment back to her. Pretty sure the doctor's son heard the whole exchange, yet she still works there. I almost found a different doc then. After my husband died, I went to him because I was feeling depressed. Never was before that. Later I asked for a doctor's note for school (my professor took points away after three days absence)and was denied because I didn't follow up with a counselor in 6 weeks, yet had been seen in the last 6 months. The receptionist then told me to go see a psychiatrist! Real nice. I will definately be looking for a new doctor. No doctor is worth dealing with nastiness from the staff.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Poor customer service. Was a patient for 2 years never actually met Dr. Castaldo. Wouldn't be able to pick him out of a lineup.Also waited at least 2 hours everytime to see a rushed nurse practitioner. Oh but they make sure I paid my copay every time.I highly recommend not using this doctor. Office staff is poor at best.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

My parents waited an hour and 20 minutes after their schedule appointment to be seen. They proceeded to complain about the long wait. After a short while, a nurse came out, called them in, and notified them that the good Dr. Castaldo had terminated them as patients because they complained about the wait time. The long wait time is par for the course for this awful doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Dr Castaldo is the best dr i have had. He is very knowledgeable and every single time i go to his office i see him not other drs. If i have any problems i just call and they try their best to get me in as soon as possible. Never had a dr that would do so much for a patient to make sure they stay in good health. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

I never see him- even when I ask- he always sends me to the Nurse practitioner- She wrote me wrong scripts for my meds and I can NEVER get a hold of anyone in the office- the phone is always busy. I will be looking for a new Dr.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr. Richard S. Castaldo's Credentials

• Univ Di Roma-La Sapienza, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Roma, Italy (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Tonawanda, NY