Ratings for Dr. Alamgir Isani

He is very technically competent and very astute when diagnosing and providing solutions, but don't expect great bedside manner or extra friendly personality. I met Dr Isani a month before my wedding (Aug 2011). I thought I had sprained my wrist, but he informed me that I had a scaphoid fracture. Scaphoid is a small bone in your wrist and is often the bone to break when you fall (note: always get an x-ray and don't assume it's just a sprain). Dr Isani was very knowledgable in explaining everything, such as how he would reconstruct the bone during surgery and why I had limited options (i.e. the bone was severely fragmented and without surgery I would eventually face extreme arthritic pain). We waited until after my wedding to do the surgery, which another doctor who gave me a 2nd opinion said was okay. This doctor also shared that he knew Dr Isani and trusted he would do a great job. My surgery was at Phillips Ambulatory Care Center in Union Square, which I also highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

was seen quickly and dr was very thorough and friendly. staff was also very good..great experience with my hurt finger.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

well, if you want to be wrong diagnised and screwed up - go there. will not get answeer on your answer on your questions, will not get right diagnose,will get opinion.. Why??? because you can't suw for opinion, you can sue for diagnose. And he wants you as a patient, you pay for each visit....Finally - you suffer, he gots the checks. Go figure.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

My experience with Dr. Isani has been terrific. He saw me when I had an emergency and his staff was very helpful and courteous. My mother-in-law and wife had surgeries with him and have nothing but rave reviews of his care. I would highly recommend him to my friends. EB

flag | Submitted February 13, 2008

Dr. Isani is obviously technically competent and efficient, but in my opinion he has the bedside manner of, well, shall we say an unpleasant doctor.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2005

Dr. Alamgir Isani's Credentials

• Dow Med Coll, Univ Of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan (Grad. 1973)