Ratings for Dr. David C. Ritterband

After two cataract surgeries, my vision is back at what is was 50 or more years ago. Thanks to Dr. Ritterband for his immaculate surgery. Each time, a few minutes, surgery is over and one day later I enjoy full vision.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Great doctor, poor staff, horrible hospital. i would recommend the doctor if you are ready to put up with inneficient staff and dirty, mismanaged hospital

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Replaced my Cornea, 2 partials and one complete in the same eye. When he was finished found i had a detached retina and was blind in that eye. He and his people missed it. I am now 3/4 blind. Overconfident and careless results in a bad outcome. Go at your own risk.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Outstanding as a doctor and a person....relentless in his pursuit to help solve all my extremely complicated Eye problems...he went above and beyond! He is super friendly has an exceptional sense of humor and an amazing ability to put you are ease and explain all procedures....he was always available to answer any worries or questions I had. In my opinion he is #1 in his field. I moved here from Ireland in 2012 and he has been my doctor since 2013...Dr D...you rock!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Convinced me to get surgery with a far less experienced doctor who he was friends with. That doctor did a terrible job which I will live with for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

I went to see Dr Ritterband to see if he could do anything with my cataracts, which UK doctors seemed unable to treat. Dr Ritterband seemed very encouraging and knowledgable about what could be done with my cataracts and explained the surgery, the risks, probable out comes and what he'd hope to expect following surgery and was much more hopeful of a positive outcome than UK doctors had previously advised me. I am now nearly 2 months post surgery on my left eye, having the cataract successfully removed with 20/20 vision in that eye and have surgery scheduled for a weeks time for the other eye to be done. Dr Ritterband is a brilliant surgeon and we need more like him around!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2013

Missed a cataract over a 6 month period with repeated visits. I went to another ophthalmologist for a second opinion, he spotted the cataract immediately, repaired it, and my vision is perfect. Not recommended at all.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

He will be nice right up until the moment that he drops you---- for not doing exactly as he says. Looks out for the interests of other doctors over the interests of his patients.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Dr. Ritterband is an outstanding surgeon. Two corneal transplants, one in 2005 and the other in 2007. He explains everything in detail and the results are perfect. I could not be happier. Stuart R.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

great doctor eyes have been great for 6 years now. very caring and knowledgeable simply amazing wouldn't change anything, procedure was quick and now i have 20/20 after being legally blind with astigmatism!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2011

Dr. David C. Ritterband's Credentials

• Sign Language

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1990)

Commercial Insurance Company