Ratings for Dr. Alicia R. Crecelius

5 weeks into my pregnancy, I was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. Basically, I woke up each morning feeling like I had the worst hangover of my life. My only ray of hope, was my monthly visit with Dr Crecelius. I excpected a typical doctor visit with Kaiser- they are so busy, there really is no time to build any sort of relationship with them, and let’s face it, you never know who you are going to get when you make an appointment. I was surprised by not only how caring she was towards my condition, but also her dedication to finding something-anything!-to help me. Every month, she had a new game plan. While it may not seem like a huge deal to someone else, to me, it was the only thing keeping me from continuing on. I thank her for my beautiful and healthy baby boy, she even checked in on me while I was recovering and I am grateful to this day that she kept looking for ways to relieve my misery.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

The first thing she said to me (at three months pregnant) was that I would almost certainly have a repeat c-section because second babies are larger than the first, especially if they are boys. She obviously was not supportive of a VBAC. She did not appear to be particularly "patientcentric", or willing to deviate from her standard approach. She gave me a print out list of classes we could take, but commented that she'd never taken them, and didn't know if they were any good. Six months later, I had an unmedicated VBAC, with a son nearly a pound lighter than his sister. She may be fine if I had wanted a repeat c-section, but I refused to have any further dealings with her.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2008

Dr. Alicia R. Crecelius's Credentials

• St Louis Univ Sch Of Med, St Louis Mo 63104 (Grad. 2001)