Ratings for Dr. Theresa M. Tretter

I am an artist. On September 9, 2015, Dr. Tretter performed a second round of Femto Laser cataract surgery. She is a wonderful surgeon. She corrected my vision to 12", the distance I work from my paintings. It was perfect. She used premium Toric X2 Lens for both eyes. My working vision is now the best I have ever had. Again - Ever.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

My experience with Dr. Tretter was extremely positive. I was able to promptly get an appointment for my wife, and she was seen on time. She performed a thorough examination, and was well informed, courteous and patient in answering all of our questions. I would recommend her highly as an excellent physician

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

i have been a paTIENT FOR MANY YEARS....DR TRETTER IS THE ONLY EYE DOCTOR I WOULD GO TO ...SHE IS KNOWLEGABLE IN HER FIELD AND I TRUST HER WITH MY HEALTH.....

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

Rude & unprofessional. Waited 3 hours for questionble tests,& possible unfair pricing. She refused to answer questions and suggested to find another doctor. Stay away!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I was referred to her by a very satisfied colleague for Lasik surgery, now four years out and claims her vision is still perfect. She told me I was a poor candidate and advised me against the surgery and told me she personally would not do. I saw another Ophthalmologist who told me I was borderline and a third who supposedly did the most cases of any doc. who didn't see a problem. I went back to Dr. Tretter with this info and offered to pay her the outrageuous price the "most experienced" Dr was charging. She still refused and cautioned me. Now am I sorry. It has been almost a year and not listening to Dr. Tretter was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. She knows what she is talking about. LISTEN! I referred many happy people to her.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

If I thought they cared, I would report Dr. Tretter to my insurance company. I went to see her for a minor issue and she proceeded to do several tests, which were not necessary for what I was seeing her about. I was consulting her for something external to the eye, and she dilated me which was completely unnecessary. I had seen two other eye doctors about the same issue: one billed the insurance company $170, the second one $325 but Dr. Tretter billed them over $700. Yes, she is very friendly and engaging, but I think that's just a ruse so she can bilk your insurance company while you're not looking. Avoid her for anything but Lasik.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Highly professional. Excellent service/surgeon. She did my Lasik surgery and I never thought I could see this well.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

She scared me by telling me I might have cancer or it might be nothing after she saw a spot on my right eye's retina during a routine eye exam. Did she send me to a specialist? No--I was to return to her in 2 months. On the return visit, she persisted in her opinion and referred me to a retina specialist, who diagnosed me as having drusen, not cancer. She is to be avoided at all costs--not sensitive to patients' feelings and not speaking knowledgeably.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Dr. Tretter is a very kind, very patient docotor who tries hard and seems extremely knowledgeable. Beware the apparently dysfunctional arguments between her and her receptionist, which were once aired in public.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2005

Dr. Theresa M. Tretter's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1993)