Ratings for Dr. Charles N. Cornell

Left v/m 4 days ago asking if Doc takes my ins. No one returnd my call. Filled out "Make Apptmnt" form online 3 days ago. No one evr got back to me. Phoned today 1240p & got a human who explained that th office doesn't see th apptmnt request forms, th doc doesn't take nu patients in NYC, is not who I want (non-surgical orthopedics), & doesn't take my ins. anyway. COULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST REPLIED TO MY V/M AND/OR APPTMNT REQUEST? Not v. hospitable (pardon th pun). I got th message loud and clear!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

After another doctor said my husband's leg should be amputated, we went to see Dr. Cornell. He told us how he would operate on his leg, that he would do it his next surgical day because my husband shouldn't have had to wait sny longer. He did the surgery, my husband was home 4 days later, with his leg. We saw him once a month for 13 months, and every time we were treated with respect, understanding, compassion, and kindness. We recommended him to people who other doctorscould not help

flag | Submitted September 17, 2017

I ended up having to get a second operation on my hip 7 weeks after my first operation. It did not take he said - whatever that means. What bothered me most about this is that I called his office daily for six weeks relaying the pain I was in and they just, quite rudely actually, brushed me off and said give it time. When I went in for my six week check up he knew instantly something was wrong and rushed into action. I waited for months for this doctor based on a recommendation from someone I trust and while I get things can happen, I was appalled at the abrasiveness, harshness and rudeness of his office. Sadly I cannot recommend him as a result of this experience although I do think he is a nice guy - it was just a series of bad circumstances and I have a scar from just under my waist to almost my knee that is so bad people gasp when they see it (chalking it up to two operations on one hip).

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Terrific surgeon did my mother's knee replacement in 2012 and took the time to follow her through from her hospital stay to follow up visit. My mother brags to her friends that her knees replacements were "pain free". He even was kind enough to recommend her to a back specialist, which was not his area of expertise. we would recommend Dr. Cornell to any one.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Wait for Dr. Cornell for an inject....don't go see the PA, cause he will cause you extreme amounts of pain!!! I speak from experience. Dr. Cornell has changed and will brush you onto this PA Brian, but he is no good. I am going to find a new orthopedist and I suggest you do the same.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Dr. Cornell is well worth the wait. I had pain in my hip and Dr. Cornells secretary insisted that I see his PA B.... I met the guy once or tiwce so thought you know what might as well. I go in and he tells me that I have a bursitis and need a shot....so I figured he knew what he was talking about and agreed for him to give me a cortisone shot. Well that was not smart of me, when he injected me it felt like he hit my bone! Afterwards I was still in pain so I decided to go see my local orthopedist since Dr. Cornells secretary Said that was impossible to have happened and I can only see the PA. The local orthopedist says that I did not have a bursitis, but my bone had popped out of one of the layers, which sometimes happens. He immidiatly did a procedure called fascia repair and I now feel a lot better. I learned my lesson and hope your readers learn yours the reviews bellow are accurate and if I had believed the review I would have never been misdiagnosed or mistreated by PA Brian.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

I was almost operated on the wrong side because of this surgeons physician assistant. I had a knee replacement with dr. Cornell which came out to be perfect until my stitches came lose and my knee cap slid off to the side. I was sympathetic with dr. Cornell when he came to apologize and remembered he had told me his assistant close up my leg not him. Yet, when I was waiting to be reoperated on his physician assistant came over and told me that dr. Cornell will be operating on my perfectly good knee. I was disturbed and alarmed by this until dr. Cornell came out and fixed things. Doctor Cornell is a good surgeon but his assistants are definitely not. Thank god I don't have to get my other knee done and Dr. Cornell was paying attention......or his physician assistant would have me have my perfectly good knee operated on for no reason!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

Worest surgeon ever. I had a hip replacement done with him and my hip still hurts. Many have said this but I never believed it until now, he has his assistant do his hip replacements. Then when the assistant messes it up he just blames it on you being limber. To top it off he doesn't want to see you either he has some assistant see you. I'm going to get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Horrible experience. Got pushed onto an assistant who has no clue as to what he is doing. I really thought Dr. Cornell had better judgement when he hired assistants.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Outstanding surgeon! I was always scared of having my knees replaced, but after undergoing 1 knee replacement I realized I was scared for nothing! I would recommend anyone to go to him! The only bad thing about him is his rude staff, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with them anymore.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Charles N. Cornell's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1980)