You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Allison

Seriously disappointing. Brought my child in for Nero feedback to treat a specific condition that has been know to be very helpful. Talked me into a different treatment, which she did once and told me my son was now fine. Well he is not fine and now in search of someone new to help me. She also is not good with children at all. When my son asked questions or asked for clarification she would sigh and look all aggravated that she had to repeat herself. Seriously lady when you are dealing with children you need compassion and patience which she has none of. A waste of $

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Allison was unable to understand our daughter's difficulty when she first came and it took ten years for us, in our inexperience, to get to the depths of it. Since I now know, I am certain with the information we gave it would have been evident to a good psychologist what we were dealing with. She had us fill out forms in her office instead of waiting room and billed us for this time! No staff. We believe if she had paid more attention to the child and not her pocketbook, years of grief and difficulty could have been avoided and the necessary healing begun much sooner.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I found Dr Allison to be very helpful with all of my issues. She is very kind,and has help to incease my general enjoyment of life. I would,and have recomended Dr Allison to friends, and fellow veterans. All I can say is Thank You Dr Allison.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Allison to treat a brain injury, migraines & PST. Dr. Allison listens to what I have to say, we discuss a treatment plan that & change the treatment as the need arises. She has diagnostic tools to assist her to determine how to help her clients. I have experienced EMDR (eye movement desensitization & resolution) which has greatly assisted with PST symptoms. I am currently experiencing neurofeedback treatment. It takes time & patience but my migraines are reducing & some days I do not have a migraine. I am feeling positive results from my treatments. I would & I have recommended Dr. Allison to my friends & family for treatment.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I had a very good experience with Dr. Allison. Through EMDR she was able to almost eliminate my anxiety in just 4 1/2 sessions. In under 3 weeks I had regained my appetite and my energy increased just after one session of EMDR. I would highly recommend her to anyone with anxiety issues.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Allison is very positive and approachable. Dr. Allison has worked a miracle for me to resolve guilt/shame issues using EMDR! She is very skilled with the method. The first two sessions she was interviewing me to determine my history and what needed to be worked on, and then I had my first session with EMDR. The timing for the first EMDR session could not have been more perfect, because on the day of the session, I had an extreme case of emotional upset that was lodged in my chest, to the degree that I was wondering if I would have a heart attack (I'd never had that experience before)! I was extremely stressed when I arrived for the session, but miraculously, by the end of the hour I was relaxed, I was yawning, and I was smiling and laughing! I continue working with her because she has facilitated a very significant positive shift in my consciousness in just a few sessions. I look forward to Neurofeedback training also.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Wow, I wish I would of read this before I'd literally wasted my money. Took my daughter in for a very specific type of therapy. That she said she was fimiliar with, and is the only type of therapy that is proven to help my daughters condition. Week after week of wasted time, I didn't sit in on session because of daughters age, 4 $175 sessions just to start her neurofeedback that was after 6 sessions to see what was troubling her. To only come back and tell me she was a happy kid (which I knew). Waste of money and time, and very frustrated she ignored the only proven method at the cost of my daughters health that I specifically requested. I'm a single mom, and she knowingly blead me dry. And left it impossible to get my child further help.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

We have used Dr. Allison's services for blended family issues. She is very knowledgable and has always provided great insight into the behaviours of our children. We have successfully used her suggestions for a few years now. She has also been very helpful with couple's counselling and giving us useful tools so our family can live harmonioulsy. We highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

I am a student at UVic and Dr. Allison really helped me cope with my exam anxiety. After EMDR therapy (only 2 sessions!), I went into my final exam confident that I would not blank out and fail the exam (which I had done on previous occasions). I did quite well, I did not have anxiety and blank out, I finished the exam in decent time, and passed the course with a B! Dr. Allison was very helpful, professional and kind and the EMDR process helped me immensely. I highly recommend Dr. Allison and EMDR for anyone who needs help with exam anxiety.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

I see Dr. Allison monthly to several times per week. Through the past few years, she has been a behavioural consultant for my two autistic children and therapist to me. I find Dr. Allison professional and committed to expanding her knowledge within her profession. As a long term client, I would recommend Dr. Allison to anyone living with issues like ADHD, autism, anxiety, and trauma. I also recommend that any potential clent listen to Dr. Allison's homework advice; the modalities of therapies she uses can seem quite esoteric to an average person: I found that increasing my knowledge enabled me to work more effectively with Dr. Allison.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

Dr. Marilyn Allison's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Seriously disappointing. Brought my child in for Nero feedback to treat a specific condition that has been know to be very helpful. Talked me into a different..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Allison was unable to understand our daughter's difficulty when she first came and it took ten years for us, in our inexperience, to get to the depths of it...."

December 1, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drmarilynallison.ca" to "http://www.drmarilynallison.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8S 3H5". Address has been updated from "None" to "104 Joseph Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12508824324".

June 3, 2015