You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Allison

Dr Allison is helping me so much in dealing with my PTSD. In just a handful of visits my sleep has improved dramatically and many things that used to trigger me and cause me distress for hours or even days do not bother me at all anymore. I had no idea that this kind of profound healing was possible. I am so grateful for her help and very much recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Allison is really great at getting to the core issues with challenging family dynamics. Her perceptiveness in determining underlying cause helped support our family through difficult circumstances (MTBI,Depression, Anxiety, PTSD). With her help, we were able to tackle the real problem and work to begin healing, rather than always reacting to symptoms. I highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I have used Dr. Allison's services since 2008. I suffer from servere PTSD, chronic major depression, and some compounded traumatic brain injuries. When I hired her, she suggested that I read a book first, so I could use her services better; in hindsight, that was the best advice she gave me. Over the last eight years, I have used EMDR, AVE, EFT, brain mapping, QEEG neurobiofeedback, "old school" neurobiofeedback , and now LENS. I find that Dr. Allison has a firm command of her techniques, and she has remained active in research the entire time I've known her. In the last eight years, I have resolved my PTSD, and I find that the focus of my treatment has gone away from healing and moved towards enhancements. I would strongly recommend Dr. Allison to anyone serious about healing or enhancing their life.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Seriously disappointing. Brought my child in for Nero feedback to treat a specific condition that has been know to be very helpful. Talked me into a different treatment, which she did once and told me my son was now fine. Well he is not fine and now in search of someone new to help me. She also is not good with children at all. When my son asked questions or asked for clarification she would sigh and look all aggravated that she had to repeat herself. Seriously lady when you are dealing with children you need compassion and patience which she has none of. A waste of $

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Allison was unable to understand our daughter's difficulty when she first came and it took ten years for us, in our inexperience, to get to the depths of it. Since I now know, I am certain with the information we gave it would have been evident to a good psychologist what we were dealing with. She had us fill out forms in her office instead of waiting room and billed us for this time! No staff. We believe if she had paid more attention to the child and not her pocketbook, years of grief and difficulty could have been avoided and the necessary healing begun much sooner.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I found Dr Allison to be very helpful with all of my issues. She is very kind,and has help to incease my general enjoyment of life. I would,and have recomended Dr Allison to friends, and fellow veterans. All I can say is Thank You Dr Allison.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Allison to treat a brain injury, migraines & PST. Dr. Allison listens to what I have to say, we discuss a treatment plan that & change the treatment as the need arises. She has diagnostic tools to assist her to determine how to help her clients. I have experienced EMDR (eye movement desensitization & resolution) which has greatly assisted with PST symptoms. I am currently experiencing neurofeedback treatment. It takes time & patience but my migraines are reducing & some days I do not have a migraine. I am feeling positive results from my treatments. I would & I have recommended Dr. Allison to my friends & family for treatment.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I had a very good experience with Dr. Allison. Through EMDR she was able to almost eliminate my anxiety in just 4 1/2 sessions. In under 3 weeks I had regained my appetite and my energy increased just after one session of EMDR. I would highly recommend her to anyone with anxiety issues.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2012

Dr. Allison is very positive and approachable. Dr. Allison has worked a miracle for me to resolve guilt/shame issues using EMDR! She is very skilled with the method. The first two sessions she was interviewing me to determine my history and what needed to be worked on, and then I had my first session with EMDR. The timing for the first EMDR session could not have been more perfect, because on the day of the session, I had an extreme case of emotional upset that was lodged in my chest, to the degree that I was wondering if I would have a heart attack (I'd never had that experience before)! I was extremely stressed when I arrived for the session, but miraculously, by the end of the hour I was relaxed, I was yawning, and I was smiling and laughing! I continue working with her because she has facilitated a very significant positive shift in my consciousness in just a few sessions. I look forward to Neurofeedback training also.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Wow, I wish I would of read this before I'd literally wasted my money. Took my daughter in for a very specific type of therapy. That she said she was fimiliar with, and is the only type of therapy that is proven to help my daughters condition. Week after week of wasted time, I didn't sit in on session because of daughters age, 4 $175 sessions just to start her neurofeedback that was after 6 sessions to see what was troubling her. To only come back and tell me she was a happy kid (which I knew). Waste of money and time, and very frustrated she ignored the only proven method at the cost of my daughters health that I specifically requested. I'm a single mom, and she knowingly blead me dry. And left it impossible to get my child further help.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

Dr. Marilyn Allison's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Allison is helping me so much in dealing with my PTSD. In just a handful of visits my sleep has improved dramatically and many things that used to trigger me..."

May 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Allison is really great at getting to the core issues with challenging family dynamics. Her perceptiveness in determining underlying cause helped support ou..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have used Dr. Allison's services since 2008. I suffer from servere PTSD, chronic major depression, and some compounded traumatic brain injuries. When I hired ..."

February 25, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Seriously disappointing. Brought my child in for Nero feedback to treat a specific condition that has been know to be very helpful. Talked me into a different..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Allison was unable to understand our daughter's difficulty when she first came and it took ten years for us, in our inexperience, to get to the depths of it...."

December 1, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drmarilynallison.ca" to "http://www.drmarilynallison.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "V8N1" to "V8S 3H5". Address has been updated from "None" to "104 Joseph Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12508824324".

June 3, 2015