Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Allison

Dr Allison has helped me greatly with PTSD following a serious car accident. In only 3 sessions of EMDR, my anxiety is significantly reduced. She creates a very positive and supportive environment in which to talk and heal. Nor does she project her own issues, which some healers do. She is very experienced with EMDR and EFT and uses a patient, calm approach. In addition, she provides strategies to cope in daily life. I would highly recommend her for anyone with PTSD who is fragile or vulnerable - she is nonjudgmental and empathetic.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2018

I had been struggling with PTSD from sexual assault and was looking for a psychologist who could help me work through it. I am so thankful to have met Dr. Allison. We used EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and talk therapy as treatment and it helped immensely. I was able to process traumatizing events and experience the memories as my past now instead of ones that haunted me on a daily basis. Although these are not easy things to heal from, Dr. Allison helped me so much. Since working with her, my nightmares have subsided and my anxiety, dissociation and hypervigilance have decreased almost completely. Our discussions were validating, empowering, and thought provoking. It has been the only time in my life where I looked forward to a meeting of this nature with a professional. I am an HSP (Highly Sensitive Person). Dr. Allison helped me recognize this trait in myself and appreciate how it has impacted my life. I felt that I was heard and understood during our meetings. Dr. Allison has a great, quirky personality that I found to lighten the mood during hard sessions. I would strongly recommend anyone to see Dr. Allison.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I went to seek help from Dr. Allison however she was very pushy about my getting an assesment that cost thousands of dollars. My child has autism so I can use a portion of the funds for counselling however when I told her I wasnt going to go through with suggested services she wouldnt respond to emails or phonecalls. I would be extremely weiery about going to see her and her motives. She will take advantage of you.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

When we first contacted Dr. Allison, she started telling us all the tests (which costs a lot of money and are unproven to work) that she would do. My daughter has anxiety, And her social anxiety is pretty bad. Pretty straight forward. So I asked if she could teach her some cognitive behavioural tips to handle the anxiety. Ways to cope and deal. All she seemed concerned about was making money. She also seemed like she needed a therapist herself, overshared way too much info about her own anxiety and social difficulty, and when you meet her you will immediately sense that she should be in therapy and shouldn't be treating people, especially kids. As one reviewer said, she's impatient and shows it. She feigns sympathy and empathy but you know it's not there. It'd be better if she didn't pretend at all. After a few visits, my daughter told me that she didn't think the doctor was helpful and that she (my daughter) was less in need of therapy than the doctor. Perceptive kid. Lol She may be good with PSTD, but I found her to be off and not at all instilling confidence or well-adjusted herself.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Allison is the best! I was in rough shape when I found her. She helped me become grounded, calm and have a much different outlook. Her therapies helped me through panic and phobias that had crippled me. I am forever grateful to Dr Allison.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Dr Allison is helping me so much in dealing with my PTSD. In just a handful of visits my sleep has improved dramatically and many things that used to trigger me and cause me distress for hours or even days do not bother me at all anymore. I had no idea that this kind of profound healing was possible. I am so grateful for her help and very much recommend her.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Allison is really great at getting to the core issues with challenging family dynamics. Her perceptiveness in determining underlying cause helped support our family through difficult circumstances (MTBI,Depression, Anxiety, PTSD). With her help, we were able to tackle the real problem and work to begin healing, rather than always reacting to symptoms. I highly recommend her services.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

I have used Dr. Allison's services since 2008. I suffer from servere PTSD, chronic major depression, and some compounded traumatic brain injuries. When I hired her, she suggested that I read a book first, so I could use her services better; in hindsight, that was the best advice she gave me. Over the last eight years, I have used EMDR, AVE, EFT, brain mapping, QEEG neurobiofeedback, "old school" neurobiofeedback , and now LENS. I find that Dr. Allison has a firm command of her techniques, and she has remained active in research the entire time I've known her. In the last eight years, I have resolved my PTSD, and I find that the focus of my treatment has gone away from healing and moved towards enhancements. I would strongly recommend Dr. Allison to anyone serious about healing or enhancing their life.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Seriously disappointing. Brought my child in for Nero feedback to treat a specific condition that has been know to be very helpful. Talked me into a different treatment, which she did once and told me my son was now fine. Well he is not fine and now in search of someone new to help me. She also is not good with children at all. When my son asked questions or asked for clarification she would sigh and look all aggravated that she had to repeat herself. Seriously lady when you are dealing with children you need compassion and patience which she has none of. A waste of $

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr Allison was unable to understand our daughter's difficulty when she first came and it took ten years for us, in our inexperience, to get to the depths of it. Since I now know, I am certain with the information we gave it would have been evident to a good psychologist what we were dealing with. She had us fill out forms in her office instead of waiting room and billed us for this time! No staff. We believe if she had paid more attention to the child and not her pocketbook, years of grief and difficulty could have been avoided and the necessary healing begun much sooner.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015