Ratings for Dr. Reagan Ponder

She blew off my complaints of pain and request for a referral to a new doctor. Due to her failure to insert my IUD properly, my uterus was perforated and I needed surgery to remove it.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2016

My wife Had the most awful time with menopause. She was so anxious about the medications that were available, and she tried all of the over-the-counter remedies. Her gynecologist was kind but dr. ponder spent many hours answering her questions, educating her about what was available, to her listening to her needs and what her symptoms were that were bothering her the most, and Then discussing what was available, what the pros and cons of her, as well as discussing expectations, how long it would take to actually take a fact or reach it's maximum benefit. She was persistent in fine-tuning her treatment until she felt 100% better. I feel like I have the woman that I married back! If it weren't for Dr. ponders knowledge, patient, and persistence, I don't think that we would have gotten such fantastic results. She even gave us information on all that we discussed and reliable website to research even more should we feel like checking on our own the treatments or medications that she was on. As well as website that discussed alternative medications and how to determine their effectiveness as well as which brands to choose from if there was something that we were in that was not an FDA approved medication. I don't care how far away we move, but if we were ever to find ourselves in a different city, I would be tempted to fly back to Honolulu for my wife should I not find somebody that was as awesome as Dr. P. It is obvious and her parents, actions, and expressions, that she is very passionate about what she does and she loves her patients as if they were her own family !

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

Dr. ponder is the best doctor ever. She is very kind, and takes her time with you to make sure that you understand everything that she is speaking about. She may run behind because of that. She also will have to deliver babies and canceled on me. She had to do it for me too. I moved across town and try to find a doctor that match her or at least came close. I still drive out to Hawaii Kai to see her even though she's that far away .

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

I've been cancelled on at least five times in the last year with her. She isn't very knowledgable about women with PCOS. She passes you off to specialists and isn't worth investing your time in since she may not even be able to see you if you do become pregnant.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Ponder for about 3 years now. As a young woman it is very important to me to have a doctor that I trust and feel comfortable around. Dr. Ponder is very polite and always takes the time to listen and talk to me about any questions I may have. Though she has a long wait list for appointments (4-6 weeks out) it is well worth it for me to see someone who makes these appointments pleasant.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

i waited over 45 minutes after being instructed to take my pants off and wait for the doctor. dr. ponder hardly greeted me nor apologized for the wait. she was in no way sensitive to my needs or my concerns. i felt uncomfortable, frustrated, and as if i was inconveniencing her. i will never go back to this doctor and strongly suggest seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

She is very easy to talk to and is not judgmental.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Dr Ponder is the worst, cold and rude woman. She spend at the most 10 minutes with me after I waited 45 minutes. She does not have the knowledge to treat pregnant woman, her advices contradict a lot of what books and research show. She is not a board certify physician.. It was the worst.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2009

Dr. Ponder scheduled and performed a D&C, and I found her to be professional, helpful, with a very good bedside manner. Returning one year later for an annual checkup, I experienced the same professional manner. Ob-Gyn's must attend to deliveries first, before routine patient appointments. I would trust her with my own daughter's Ob-Gyn care.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2008

Dr. Reagan Ponder's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Wellpoint