You may also like

Rate Dr. Mark Wiesen

Dr. Mark Wiesen's Ratings

He was recommended to me by a well-regarded doctor and I took my husband to him first. I wasn't particularly impressed with him but thought he was fine and he was on our insurance plan. Then I needed an endocrinologist and went to him. He was rude, dismissive, critical of another doctor's assessment, quick to cut me off when I was speaking. I can't imagine anyone putting up with that--certainly not me again. He had me in tears during the office visit. He dismissed further testing for thyroid nodules that were considered sizeable and seemed incredibly eager to get me out of the office. Have not had a worse experience in my life with a doctor--obnoxious and unsympathetic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2874436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I was extremely pleased with my doctor's visit. Dr. Wiesen was punctual and took the time and was very thorough. He is not fast to prescribe meds which I like. He is happy with my numbers (from a recent blood test), whereas other doctors wanted me on synthroid already. He clearly explained to me all the details of my condition and patiently and knowledgeably answered all my question. I highly recommend him. His staff is friendly and nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I was expecting a bad experience based on all these reviews- but i was pleasantly surprised. Dr. wiesen is very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, and was very reassuring. He spent nearly 45 minutes with me. I did experience a problem with having to place 6 phone calls to the office staff to schedule a procedure- and ended up calling the hospital and scheduling it myself..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Wiesen is, in my opinion, a bad doctor and should be avoided. I went there with the specific purpose to have my pancreas checked at the request of my regular doctor. Dr. Wiesen did not do that. Instead, he prescribed medications he KNEW I was allergic to because I told him I was allergic to them. He did not listen to anything I had to say, and was completely dismissive of my request and knowledge about my own health including my allergies.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2509843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2014

Have been to this dr. 4 times in the past year. Took time off from work, because his appointment schedule in clifton location is very limited. The first 3 times I waited an hour to be seen, and the last appointment in early July 2014 I waited an hour and a half! I sat in the waiting room for atleast an hour and was then called back and told he would be in in a few minutes. After another half hour I came out and asked the front desk staff if he was even there. They barely responded to me, and then I said "I've been waiting 1-1/2 hours!! Dr. Wiessen came in shortly after that, without even an apology! Although he seems competent, I really don't like doctors who feel that their time is more valuable than their patients'. And the office staff is not overly helpful either. I will be looking around for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2494681].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Dr. Wiesen started this practice. When there were 2 physicians in the old location the office ran fine. I have tried calling this office many times in a month regarding a RX and the lines are always busy. Leave message and you will never get a call unless it is for an appointment and that will be days later. While sitting in the office all I heard was the staff talking about personal business. Maybe if the girls in the Clifton office did less talking and more working we would be able to make appointments, get our prescriptions, and receive calls back when we have questions regarding results. I don't only blame the Doctor for this but most important the Office Manager needs to be able to control the staff! I will be looking for another Doctor soon...weeks waiting for an answer without medication is something I take seriously!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][873778].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Dr. M. Wiessen, in my judgment and experience, is highly competent and pleasant to talk to. He thoroughly looks at the data and explains everything very clearly. Bu touching my throat he determined I had an enlarged thyroid which was confirmed by ultrasound with a diagnosis of multi-nodular goiter. He explained the blood work showed normal thyroid functioning and he said all we have to do is to monitor for any future changes via blood work and US. As I was concerned, I went to the Thyroid Clinic of Columbia University in New York and ther a specialist who is a highly rated thytoid surgeon performed himself an US and confirmed Dr. Wiessen diagnosis of multi-nodular goiter (meaning I have many many (>21) tiny cysts in the throid. This specialist explained that typically that type of nodules are not malignous (=none cancerous), further he explained a single larger nodule has a higher likehood of becoming malignous. He recommended to continue monitoring with my endocrinologist via lab work and US.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

Please people look into these doctors and these replies before going. In this case they're right on the money. I tried going to both offices while the younger girls in Teaneck office are caring and much more helpful than the obnoxious and ignorant staff in his Clifton office the lack of care remained the same!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

This was a terrible experience. I made a list of symptoms to discuss with the dr and he just dismiSsed them.I left the office crying and the office staff had to calm me down. I will never see drweisen again. The staff really helped me and have me am appointment with a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873775].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

Office staff is the pits. Scheduled me in Clifton and had me come into his Teaneck office. Sayonara Dr Wiesen. No Doctor is worth that abuse. Hire competent staff next time and maybe you will retain patients!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][873774].votes_count ]]