Ratings for Dr. Diane F. Merritt

Very knowledgeable and friendly. I have had bad experiences with obgyns until her.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Probably one of the worst experiences of my life. Not only did she judge me openly when I told her about my sexual history but she also humiliated me when I was most vulnerable on the table - pointing out the different organs and how to properly clean them in a demeaning tone. She couldn't understand why I'd want to have almost every test under the sun done. Gee I wonder why this shy young girl would SUDDENLY want to be tested for STDS? maybe, just MAYBE something happened that she doesn't feel comfortable talking about. It wasn't until I finally felt that I needed to tell her what happened that she realized what an awful person she'd been to me that she tried to remedy her behavior. Not only that by whilst on the table she allowed nurses to walk in and out of the room as my legs were in stirrups. I wouldn't go back to this doctor if she was the last gynecologist on earth. One would think that someone in this profession would be entirely more understanding and learn to pick up on certain signs.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

My 8 year old daughter was referred to Dr. Meritt after seeing her general physician several times for a gynecological issue. At the appointment we had a consult with a student that she was training and then Dr. Meritt came in and spoke with us a bit- probably 5 minutes total. Afterwards, in the exam room they examined by daughter and gave me hygiene tips. BTW, I'm a mother of four girls and I know a but about feminine hygiene. This office visit cost me over $200 with a discount from my insurance company. Needless to say I am a bit upset with the astronomical rates. My general physician no longer refers his patients to Dr. Meritt.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2011

I'm 21 years old and Dr Merrit has been my doctor for a good 5 years and have been sexual active for those years. I've never recieved a pap smear by her and i've had 2 miscarriages under her care, and still she doesn't think to do any sort of tests for that. Also, I have a history of ovarian cysts. After going to the ER because I couldn't get it to see her I was told a large cyst had ruptured and my abdomen was full of blood and my fallopian tubes and ovary were covered in several other cysts. The on call OB/GYN who did that ultrasound at the ER acted like this was big deal and told me to get another unltrasound in week by my GYN. When I went to that follow up with Dr. Merrit she didn't perform an ultrasound and didn't do much of an exam. THrough the small exam she did, which was pretty much pressing on my abdomen I told her it hurt, but she acted like it was fine. I asked for pain meds and she told me no b/c she didn't she didn't know what she was treated. THIS DR IS A WASTE OF TIME!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

I went to see Dr. Merritt when I was 18. It was supposed to be a routine examination, but when she realized that I was a virgin, she decided not to do an internal examination at all or a pap smear. She had a medical student with her and she just had the med student point out and name my "parts". Awkward? Yes. That part didn't really bother me though. What bothered me was that I had to drive a could 30 minutes or so out of my way to get to st. louis for this appointment and nothing was done. no examination. it was a waste a time. However, I believe Dr. Merritt to be very intelligent and a good doctor. Just be sure to communicate your needs/expectations clearly.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Dr. Diane F. Merritt's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1975)