Ratings for Dr. Sharon Mass

I was looking forward to seeing Dr. Mass after reading such positive reviews, however my experience was not so positive. I saw her after having gone through a very difficult experience with losing a few very early pregnancies after having my first child. While checking my ultrasound to make sure all the tissue had passed, she made an insensitive joke/comment . It was neither the time or place to say something so insensitive. Then when we were discussing my test results from a specialist I had seen she made an unsubstantiated comment re: why she thought I had suffered a few losses. When I pressed her on her comment she simply said she's not a specialist so she may not know exactly what that particular result means. OK, then you should not have made the comment and upset me further in the first place. When I later asked my specialist, a highly regarded perinatologist, if what she said had any merit he said absolutely not and that there was nothing wrong- simply bad luck. I am now pregnant naturally, as he was correct. She is also only part time now and rarely in the office. She might be for some people, but I will not be returning to her or her practice after such insensitive care.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

She now works part-time, and I was not given timely help when a prescription was wrong. Coverage by a nurse caused mistakes and delays. She did not know coupon she gave me was not usable by those on government insurance like Medicare, and this was a medicine used by those on Medicare mostly. Gave a prescription and never educated about or explained other options nor said if not covered to let her know so she could prescribe a different option - this cost me $500 unnecessarily for very expensive medicine, one not needed-not covered. Also believe she should have suggested options for menopause, given I complained of pain in exams for years, before bad symptoms began, should not have let things get this bad.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Mass for over 15 years and she is the best doctor I have ever been to. She listens and really cares about you. My daughter goes to her now . You will not be disappointed! The staff are so nice!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Mass for the better part of a decade. She is incredible. So caring, so personal, so good at what she does. She just guided me successfully through a bad situation. I am pretty headstrong, but she nicely, but firmly, made me see what had to be done, which I believe saved my life. I can't thank her enough. She also referred the complex, specialized surgery to her partner, who specializes in it, which I thought was very generous of her, and considerate of the best outcome for me.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Mass for about 17 years now. She's the sweetest doctor I have and would travel for my visits, even after moving. She is very thorough, and explains everything. As I've gotten older, she recommends different ways and tests. She calls with the results, not a staff member. Recently, I am dealing with a new condition and she called to talk with me about next steps and to recommend a new specialist for next steps and explained what I would be looking at next. Really put my mind at ease. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Mass for about 13 or 14 years. She is absolutely amazing - so personable, very knowledgeable and excellent in her profession. She treats you like an old friend, is honest with you, answers all of your questions and doesn't speak down to you - even if it's a silly question you just want some reassurance on for peace of mind (she gets it!). "Embarrassing" things? She's seen it all and makes you feel comfortable. Can't say enough positive things about her (and I'm a pretty tough judge!).

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Dr. Sharon Mass is an excellent doctor. She is friendly, warm and caring. She makes you feel very comfortable talking about any issues. She listens to your concerns, answers in an easy to understand manner, and is very well-informed and professional. I feel very fortunate to have her as my physician.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Mass was very personable and caring. She spent much time answering all of my questions and was very informed of the current issues in OB/GYN. She was very helpful and maintained an atmosphere of discretion and decorum in her office.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Mass has been my gynecologist for 15 years. She's great. She is very caring, listens well, patient, and answers all my questions. She makes me feel very comfortable raising any concerns I might have and responding fully. She makes the "dreaded" annual exam, not dreaded at all. I would, and have recommended her to other friends and family.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013

Dr. Mass is one of the best doctors in Morristown. She delivered my baby and has been my Ob-Gyn ever since. She is part of a practice that is considered one of the best at Morristown Hospital. The practice is big but gives great care and is VERY well respected. You cannot go wrong with Dr. Mass or Morristown Ob-Gyn Associates.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

Dr. Sharon Mass's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1993)

Commercial Insurance Company