Ratings for Dr. Sharon Mass

Dr. Mass USED to be a great doctor. I wouldn't know about now because when I called her office to get an appointment after finding out (after 10 years of trying) I was pregnant unexpectedly, her office staff, namely Heather, was insensitive, curt and obviously in the wrong profession. I am worried, nervous and now over 40 and they couldn't see me for a month. I don't think so. Find a new profession, Heather.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Although I like Dr. Mass, it has become very difficult to see her and the staff does not impress me. My annual visit was due before July but she had no appointments available so I made one in August which was after becoming a new Medicare patient. Nobody told me that Billing would code my visit in such a way that I now had to pay an extra $50 for the doctor's fee. Interesting! Rather than trying to be helpful, the billing person just told me that I signed a form saying I would be responsible for any payment insurance didn't cover. Why not just change the code to be in line with Medicare?

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Mass for years. She has become so obnoxious and thinking she is above you as the patient. She throws around how she is the chair of this or that and she "knows" and talks down to you. I will never go back - she doesn't listen to her patients anymore. Her head has become too big.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I was looking forward to seeing Dr. Mass after reading such positive reviews, however my experience was not so positive. I saw her after having gone through a very difficult experience with losing a few very early pregnancies after having my first child. While checking my ultrasound to make sure all the tissue had passed, she made an insensitive joke/comment . It was neither the time or place to say something so insensitive. Then when we were discussing my test results from a specialist I had seen she made an unsubstantiated comment re: why she thought I had suffered a few losses. When I pressed her on her comment she simply said she's not a specialist so she may not know exactly what that particular result means. OK, then you should not have made the comment and upset me further in the first place. When I later asked my specialist, a highly regarded perinatologist, if what she said had any merit he said absolutely not and that there was nothing wrong- simply bad luck. I am now pregnant naturally, as he was correct. She is also only part time now and rarely in the office. She might be for some people, but I will not be returning to her or her practice after such insensitive care.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

She now works part-time, and I was not given timely help when a prescription was wrong. Coverage by a nurse caused mistakes and delays. She did not know coupon she gave me was not usable by those on government insurance like Medicare, and this was a medicine used by those on Medicare mostly. Gave a prescription and never educated about or explained other options nor said if not covered to let her know so she could prescribe a different option - this cost me $500 unnecessarily for very expensive medicine, one not needed-not covered. Also believe she should have suggested options for menopause, given I complained of pain in exams for years, before bad symptoms began, should not have let things get this bad.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Mass for over 15 years and she is the best doctor I have ever been to. She listens and really cares about you. My daughter goes to her now . You will not be disappointed! The staff are so nice!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Mass for the better part of a decade. She is incredible. So caring, so personal, so good at what she does. She just guided me successfully through a bad situation. I am pretty headstrong, but she nicely, but firmly, made me see what had to be done, which I believe saved my life. I can't thank her enough. She also referred the complex, specialized surgery to her partner, who specializes in it, which I thought was very generous of her, and considerate of the best outcome for me.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Mass for about 17 years now. She's the sweetest doctor I have and would travel for my visits, even after moving. She is very thorough, and explains everything. As I've gotten older, she recommends different ways and tests. She calls with the results, not a staff member. Recently, I am dealing with a new condition and she called to talk with me about next steps and to recommend a new specialist for next steps and explained what I would be looking at next. Really put my mind at ease. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Mass for about 13 or 14 years. She is absolutely amazing - so personable, very knowledgeable and excellent in her profession. She treats you like an old friend, is honest with you, answers all of your questions and doesn't speak down to you - even if it's a silly question you just want some reassurance on for peace of mind (she gets it!). "Embarrassing" things? She's seen it all and makes you feel comfortable. Can't say enough positive things about her (and I'm a pretty tough judge!).

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Dr. Sharon Mass is an excellent doctor. She is friendly, warm and caring. She makes you feel very comfortable talking about any issues. She listens to your concerns, answers in an easy to understand manner, and is very well-informed and professional. I feel very fortunate to have her as my physician.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Sharon Mass's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1993)

MSP/BC Med