You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Raymonda Rastegar

There is certainly a reason why Dr. Rastegar is #1. She is incredible. I'm only a patient of hers a very short time, but I had a fainting episode and some palpations. When I called her office this morning, and asked if I could please be seen today, I got a call back shortly that the doctor, although fully booked, will see me. I just saw her, and I was crying, quite upset, and she was amazingly calming, comforting and assured me we will find out the cause. She did an EKG which was normal, and gave me a monitor for 24 hours and scheduled some additional tests. I feel better already! She was knowledgeable, so easy to talk to, answered my many many questions, and again and again she told me she is here for me and we will absolutely find out what's going on. The staff was courteous and comforting as well. A remarkable doctor! Needless to say I recommend her highly.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Dr. Rastegar is one of a kind. She is beyond knowledgeable and willing to explain and answer all questions. I'm quite neurotic and have a ton of them, and I can honestly say she addressed every single one of my points incredibly clearly. I came to her for a work up based on my family's history of heart disease, and she completely made me feel better after closely examining with me that my tests were normal. She's wonderful!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I feel so fortunate to have dr rastegar as my physician. She is a superb and knowledgeable physician who does not miss anything. She is also the most caring doctor I have ever met. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

The best physician I have visited. Compassionate understanding and smart

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

If you want a response from Dr. Rastegar, you won't get it by postal mail or fax. You would need to see her in person. Twice, I sent her requests for prescriptions enclosing stamped, self-addressed envelopes. No response. Don't assume that she read your reports. Be sure to ask for copies and read them yourself. Don't expect a comprehensive echocardiogram; she gives more like 10 minutes when 35-40 minutes would be needed for an accurate report. Don't assume that she will prescribe the drugs that you may need. Read up about your condition and suggest what you think is best for you. I used to think more highly of her but as the months go by, I see that she has the above flaws.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Rastegar for over 5 years. I am sure that there are just as caring and knowledgeable doctors out there, but probably very few. I am lucky that I found her. This statement, coming from a heart patient, means more than simple rhetoric.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

I have gone to Dr. Rastegar for over 5 years and have always felt that she is thorough, skilled, compassionate, approachable and I never felt rushed at all. I am comfortable asking questions and she is always clear in her answers and reassuring about my concerns. I also took my son to her when he turned 18 and graduated from a pediatric cardiologist to an adult one and she was amazing with him. When she found out, through talking to him, that he was planning on majoring in bio in college she turned his echo-cardiogram into a science lesson and totally explained and illustrated how his heart worked. He was blown away with the time she spent with him and her interest in him as a person and not just a patient. I have had my share of terrific physicians and inferior ones, Dr. Rastegar is among the best I have seen. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

Dr. Rastegar does not overbook, so you don't need to sit in the waiting room to see her. She is compassionate, she listens, after diagnoses with EKG or Echo she asks whether you have any more questions. She allots a half-hour to each patient. One can't ask for better than this.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

My wife and I have been patients of DR Rastegar for more than 10 years. We find that she not only takes good care of our heart problems, but also is willing to give care and advice on other medical problems. We think she is the greatest!!!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Dr. Raymonda Rastegar did not return any of my MULTIPLE calls at all. I find it sad and disappointing that a doctor can just completely ignore a patient. I feel that her behavior is appalling and unacceptable. My experience with the Doctor and her staff was just sad and caused me a lot of stress. I have never been treated so poorly. My experience with Dr. Raymonda Rastegar was nothing but a heartache.... to put it mildly. If you require a doctor that you can rely on and trust, and a doctor that truly cares about her patients, then I feel this is NOT the doctor for you. I have seen a lot of doctors in my time and I have NEVER experienced anything like this.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. Raymonda Rastegar's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1990)

GHI
Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is certainly a reason why Dr. Rastegar is #1. She is incredible. I'm only a patient of hers a very short time, but I had a fainting episode and some pal..."

May 16, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Rastegar is one of a kind. She is beyond knowledgeable and willing to explain and answer all questions. I'm quite neurotic and have a ton of them, and I can..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel so fortunate to have dr rastegar as my physician. She is a superb and knowledgeable physician who does not miss anything. She is also the most caring doc..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best physician I have visited. Compassionate understanding and smart"

October 24, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=15012'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

March 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=15012'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 5, 2014