Ratings for Dr. Kamyar Kazemi

By far the rudest Office Assistant I have ever encountered. Additionally Dr. Kazemi is not thorough and seems to be only motivated money. Every time I've gone to see him he has explained to me the exact same information any layman can find on Google and pushed to have my leg done via a private procedure rather than be on the wait list. His staff consists of a single belligerent and rude MOA who has no patience or empathy for the patients coming to seek treatment. I am glad I decided against having my procedure done through him and would recommend for those seeking Vascular treatment that they find doctors who truly care about their patients rather than treating them as sources of income on an assembly line.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

My personal experience with Dr Kazemi involves my elderly father. Dr Kazemi was thorough , patient, professional and saved my fathers life and his leg. He showed excellent bedside manor and we could not have been more pleased with his follow up post surgery and the last six years following his aueortic anyurism repair and a vein implant in his leg. Our experience is that Dr Kazemi is always caring and professional with my father. Our checkups are scheduled well ahead of time and are always kept promptly although we would absolutely understand and welcome being bumped when Dr Kazemi is required to preform life saving surgery. We understand because our family has been in that same situation before. We are very , very grateful to have Dr Kazemi as dads vascular specialist and would not hesitste to recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I was referred to him by my family doc, and waited 6 months for the app't which isn't uncommon with any specialist. When I met him, he was informative and professional, about my painful varicose veins. He did suggest laser treatments, but I told him I wanted to be put on the waiting list. I got the call, 1 week earlier than the waiting time he told me about. Information was direct and on point. Hospital visit was good, surgery was excellent. He told me what to expect for recovery and it was easier than he said. Was back to work and follow up app't was professional and will go back to him to get my other leg done.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I found Dr. Kazemi to be the best in his field. I was recommended to him 6 yrs. ago by my step mom who worked for him as a part time receptionist. I had a blockage in my lower aorta where I had hardly any blood going into my legs. He explained to me what he was going to do and why. I had a stent put in. 6 yrs. later, another blockage occurred (my stupidity) and he had to do a lower aorta double by pass. He was great and showed me exactly where the blockage was, and the stent was crushed due to the blockage. He's an amazing surgeon and his great staff, I felt comfortable in his and their hands. My surgery went great, I was out of the hospital in a week. My recovery time is supposed to be 3-6 months. I'm recovering a lot faster than that. Thank you Dr. Kazemi!!!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

poor experience, office never called back after tests done on me, have been treated for 15 years for varicose vein, can't sleep due to pain to my legs and now I was told by him that my legs are good, there are worst now than 15 years ago, it was waste of time and money

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Dr. Kazemi's office is by far the worst experience with the BC Medical system I have ever had. I have been on the surgical wait list for 5 years and I continuously have to call to find out where I am on the list which I don't like doing because the MOA is so rude. Last year I got a date for surgery which I couldn't accept. I called and left a message with the office cancelling the date and asked for a return phone call to acknowledge my message. Nothing. I called again to confirm the cancellation and the MOA was rude. The day before the cancelled surgery the hospital called to confirm me; the MOA hadn't cancelled my spot! I've not heard from the office in over a year. Who knows, maybe she threw away my file. As for the doctor, he seems nice. I have to wonder though, he has told me on more than one occasion that I can have my procedure one in his private clinic for $6,000 since with hospital wait time is so long. Is that ethical to make a small fortune off your patients??

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

MOA sacks! My family doctor sent them by fax the referral to set up an appointment for me. After 6 months I called dr. Kazemi's office and they said they never got the fax which is not true! I got the appointment after 1 year finally. After I saw dr. Kazemi, he sent me to ultrasound. After 4 months that I didn't get any phone call from them I call of course. The same MOA staff said she was just to call me. grrrr I got an appointment that month and when I got there I stayed 30 minutes in the waiting room and another 10 in the 1 m square room, no windows, no air condition. I went out to the office to tell assistant I have to go to pay the parking lot another 30 min because I was there for 40 minutes and didn't know for how long I will be there. She was very rude and ignorant. This is NOT a medical office assistant attitude! Bad Bad Bad for the dr.Kazemi's image! I'm wondering what will be next, cause I'm on waiting list for surgery. I will probably get in in 10 year?!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Dr. Kasemi is a great person and a great doctor. He helped my father many times. I always be thankful to him for saving my dad's leg and giving my dad a change to be independent. He is a very caring and kind doctor. I am for ever thankful to him. Gracias.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

Dr Kazemi performed a stent proceedure to correct an aortic aneurysm and I am very satisfied with the outcome. I would recommend him to anyone requiring treatment. HG

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

I will try again. I come from the interior of BC and drove 700 miles for this appointment. I have intermittent claudication which causes extreme pain, a 10, in my calves and feet especially when walking, climbing stairs etc. The doctor was unable to recommend any solution beyond saying that I should continue walking each day through this pain. Walking, skiing, and running is very important to me. I am very disappointed and depressed with this visit.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

Dr. Kamyar Kazemi's Credentials

Assurant
MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "By far the rudest Office Assistant I have ever encountered. Additionally Dr. Kazemi is not thorough and seems to be only motivated money. Every time I've gone t..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My personal experience with Dr Kazemi involves my elderly father. Dr Kazemi was thorough , patient, professional and saved my fathers life and his leg. He showe..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to him by my family doc, and waited 6 months for the app't which isn't uncommon with any specialist. When I met him, he was informative and pro..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Kazemi to be the best in his field. I was recommended to him 6 yrs. ago by my step mom who worked for him as a part time receptionist. I had a bl..."

December 16, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Surgeon" to "Vascular Surgeon", First Name changed from "K" to "Kamyar"

August 15, 2013
  • combined ratings from Vascular Surgeon listing (DID: 957547)

May 3, 2012
  • First Name changed from "" to "K"

April 26, 2012