Ratings for Dr. Gary W. Tye

My daughter went to the doctors 2 years ago with cronic headaches. She was diagnosed with a non-cancerous brain tumor and we were referred to Dr. Tye. He has been absolutely wonderful. We have seen him every few months to monitor the tumor and we are lucky that it has not changed. Many doctors would want to go in an see what it was, however the tumor is in a place that is too dangerous to "check it out". He carefully reads the scans in front of me and has let me ask whatever questions I have had, even when I question something on the scan it's self. I can not say enough good about Dr. Tye. He is knowledgeable, polite and responsive everytime we see him.I wish more doctors were like him. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I think every doctor is different. I am very pleased with Dr. Tye. My little boy fell down the stairs and as Dr. Tye was blunt, he was truthful. He saved my child's life. He was bleeding in his brain. I am extremely pleased with him. He came to see him every day in PICU and over saw his care. I can not say thank you enough. I looked forward to him coming every day and thought," here comes the truth" because there were so many people caring for my child. He did not see him as a name he saw him as a loved little boy. I am so grateful, thankful, and I still pray for him every night.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

My daughter had a simple sacral dimple, the ultrasound came back undetermined so we were refered to the "specialist" he took a quick peek at the ultrasound and said we needed an MRI with sedation at 6 months. He never showed me anything on the ultrasound like most doctors do. We found out after the MRI that my daughter had NO MEDICAL PROBLEMS, being such a specialist he should have known that. Well it was to late, my daughter died the day she was sedated for the MRI! I truly believe with all my heart that Dr. Tye didn't care about my daughter, she was just another number in his book. He'll run any test because he doesn't care about the dangers.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2008

Dr. Gary W. Tye's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)