Ratings for Dr. Anita Gorwara

Excellent Doctor came and got me out of the waiting room herself as staff was backed up Personable, very knowledgable always takes the time

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

She is the worst! She is always late.lacks knowledge but likes to pretend she does. The most incompetent Doctor !

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Just tries to gut you for money by ordering an overkill of tests, and doesn't actually solve/address the problem. Refers to Google to diagnose.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

THE WORST. Her staff is completely incompetent and rude. I can never get a response from her but, instead am told that someone will call me back and no one ever does. It took me almost 4 weeks on ME constantly calling to follow up to get the right prescription sent over to the pharmacy...4 weeks! Every other doctor and specialists I've seen responds promptly when using the myuclahealth.org site where you can message doctor's directly rather than calling and she has yet to respond to me. Even if you have a simple question her staff will tell you that you need to make an appointment to see her. I am not going to take time off work to go and wait forever in her waiting room, then see her for 1.5 minutes and pay a co-pay. Not to mention, when I do go in, Dr. Gorwara spends most of the time talking to me about her; so unprofessional. If you're going to be distracted because you are going through something with her personal life then perhaps it is a good idea to take some time off for yourself. Not caring for you patients is unacceptable. I've been scarred from this experience and am scouring the internet for reviews for a new physician. If you want to be treated like dirt, then Dr. Gorwara and her office is the place for you.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

We had the worst experience ever with this doctor's office. My husband went for four visits within a couple of months (back in spring of 2012) to Dr. Gorwara's office. We didn't receive a bill for these services until many, many months later. One of these claims was discounted by our insurance company since it wasn't submitted to them on time (i.e., within 90 days). The other three bills were sent to us after my husband's workplace had switched us to another insurance company, so we were no longer able to pay for the bills using HSA funds. We tried again and again to call Dr. Gorwara's office and dispute the claims; we never got a call back. We wrote a letter to them on 9/8/12 that was ignored. Instead, we repeatedly got the same bill again and again, without explanation or acknowledgement of the issue.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

FYI- if you need a Rx, you have to come in to see her and pay your co-pay (which is normal). However, if you want a Rx refill and don't come in to see her, you will be charged about $33 just to get the Rx. You will charged for her service of writing you a script so it's cheaper to see her in person and pay the co-pay than it is to call in and get a Rx! It's the practice's policy, nothing to do with the insurance coverage. Most things are done offsite so you will have to pay co-pays at those offices too. She is always running late on all of her appointments. Expect a wait time between 15-45 mins to see her once you're placed into a room. Doesn't have the best bedside manner but if you're the type to see the doctor once a year and don't need Rx refills often, then you should go see her. She will most likely not remember what you came in for months before so be ready to repeat your story to her all over again. Frontdesk is quick to collect your $ when you walk in so no way to complain :/

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Dr. Gorwara is amazing. Unlike other doctors who seem to rush me in and out of their office, she takes the time to get to know me and what's going on in my life in order to form an accurate opinion on my health. Knowing that I don't have health insurance, Dr. Gorwara has not only been kind enough to extend discounts to accommodate my ability to pay for my visits, she only does the absolute necessary tests and treatments instead of the routine "full panel" so I don't end up spending more than I need to. She is an amazing human being and an even more amazing doctor. I moved more than 20 miles away from her and still make the drive to see her because she's that great! Thank you Dr. Gorwara!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

Dr. Gorwara is awesome! Most people are so full of**** that they have a hard time with my directness. B/c most of all, i will tell you the truth about the situation regardless of how uncomfortable it might make you. Nevertheless, the lady is a real person and a student of her craft. I just learned that Aetna is no longer one of her carriers. I am deeply sadden to hear this. Dr. Gorwara is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

At 40, I was concerned about not getting pregnant after 6 months of trying. Dr. Gorwara told me just to relax - I wasn't pregnant because I was thinking about it too much. Thankfully, we didn't listen to her - Relaxing has little to do with pregnancy odds after 37. It's sad she would promote such myths. A year later, I am now seeing a top RE who is justifiably concerned about my odds - and helping me maximize them.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

She diagnosed me with a disorder over the phone, and when I asked what it meant, what may have caused it, what the symptoms typically are, she suggested that I 'google' it.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

Dr. Anita Gorwara's Credentials

• Grant Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1991)