Ratings for Dr. Randy Staab

Has contempt for older women and obese people. In it just coz it is an easy way to make good money and have a cushy life . Total fraud and phony. Feel sorry for his patients who are clueless.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I left the program feeling worse than I did before, he was very rude and my anxiety while in the program was as bad as it's ever been. I found that he was judgemental and rude.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I am glad he is able to help young people. Older adults like myself do not fit into his shoebox therapy. I left his program ashamed, severely depressed and feeling worthless. I have been eating disorder free for over ten years because I found an adult program that dealt with me as a whole person not just one aspect of my character. There and with medication, I gained the self worth to go on living. For that I am thankful but in no way for Doctor Staab.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Staab saved my life. I struggled with a serious eating disorder, and without him, I can say with confidence, would not be alive today to experience my life as it is now. I learned to have a voice, to be heard, to cope and self regulate and learned CBT strategies that with practice became second nature to me. I am TEN YEARS in my recovery. I can tell you, after just getting married, I briefly thought of Dr. Staab and his team as I prepared for my Wedding day; without the team at CVH, I would have never met the love of my life, or have been blessed enough to marry him. I can never repay Dr. Staab for what he did for me, as he has done for both women and men dealing with serious mental illness. He was the best doctor I'm sure I'll ever have and a hero to my family. To those of you who found him blunt or "rude", I can tell you as someone who has suffered an eating disorder, we can be manipulative, secretive and "rude" ourselves. Dr. Staab doesn't sugar coat the truth, I am so grateful he was blunt with me. It made me realize my life was worth working and fighting for. I whole heartedly recommend him and the program at CVH for anyone who is actively seeking and ready to work for their own recovery.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I never minded his toughness. it was the public shaming and ignorance of my serious mental illness that led me to a serious crash. I recovered ( am stable) only because I found a group that treated me as a whole person.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

I can say, without hesitation or second guessing, that Dr. Staab and his entire staff saved my life. Can he be tough? Yes- he needs to be. He will not sugar coat or treat you with kid gloves- because he can't. He needs you to understand that your life is at stake...something that never hit me until he sat me down in his office and told me the harsh truth. He does it because he cares. After a year in the CVH Eating Disorders program, and now 7 years fully recovered from my severe eating disorder, I know he cared about me and told me what I needed to hear. If you are looking for a doctor to tell you it is okay to have an eating disorder, he is not the doctor for you. Listen to him, trust him, he knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

No help at all. Him and his staff, made my daughter feel like DIRT .... the first visit they acted all concerned and after that , they were judgmental and just rude to her . Before of their behavior she refused to get treatment and is still suffering... If they had showed her some care , I believe she would of accepted the help.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Judgemental, especially regarding substance use. A touch arrogant.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

he was head of the eating disorder program when I was there. along with all the other staff, I was made to feel that I had no voice. I was an older adult but the program seemed to focus an teens. I was given no respect and suffered extreme low esteem and major depression when i finished

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

This man saved my life. After the CVH inpatient program, then day-hospital and the transition program I went from a fragile broken severely depressed girl, to a successful, strong, capable woman 2 years into her recovery! The CVH Eating Disorder program will save your life, and Dr. Staab's commitment, patience, brilliance and care will help achieve health and happiness in your life. Believe in yourself and its never too late to get help. Contact Dr. Staab!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014