Ratings for Dr. Randy Staab

I'm currently in the out patient program at CVH and am thieving after an inpatient stay of 3 weeks. Dr. Staab saved my live and continues to everyday. I'm now working toward transition. He and his team have brought me back to heath and cheered me all the way. Yes this is a rigid structured program and may at times feel extremely taxing, mind, body and soul. If you truly want to have a life worth living again you can and will follow it and gain the tools and self love you need to do so. Dr. Staab is a say it how he sees it doctor and without his bluntness I would still be trapped in my anorexia dying. Everything for a reason in this rapid program and once you really get it all comes full circle and makes sense. I'm beyond greatful for CVH and it's entire team. I finally have hope :) Lunch and dinner with Dr. Staab let you see him as a real person and connect with him as a human being who wants and desires nothing but the best for each of his paitents. He works hard everyday and expects nothing less in return. Thank you CVH!!!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

Dr Staab is more concern about releasing a patient so he can make space in the hospital . He has not one second consider the well being of his patient. If anything happen to this patient he is totally liable . He has no time to review the real needs of his patient. I believe he should not be covering for any other doctors . Who are more competent than him . I am contemplating to make a formal complaint . Dr Staab should not think that he have all the power and be incompetent and still practice.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

If you are 25 or older and have an IQ over 120 steer clear of the nimrod. he feels to threatened by you. there are much better programs out there for you. Try addiction and DBT programs. They will treat you as a whole person and not just a person with an eating disorder. I have been eating disorder free for 10 years. It was only ever the what of the problem not the more significant why.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

This program has helped me so much!! I have been struggling with my eating disorder for about 6years now and if I never meet dr.staab I would of died! He can come off as rude when talking about eating disorder stuff! But at the end of the day if he didn't tell me like he did I wouldn't of opened up and stayed in the program! He's always meaning well and takes care of every patient possible!!! You have to make the effort to eat and he will encourage you to "keep going"! If I didn't have the support that he gave me and the rest of the team I don't know where I would be!!!!! I tank him and alll of his team for my recovery and will keep working on my recovery with all that I have learned in this program about myself and why I did it!! All the skills are so helpful in my everyday life. I'll never forget my experience!! And I highly recommend this program to any one over the age of 18

flag | Submitted February 3, 2018

Im sure his program is helpful to some, however I always left his office feeling much worse than I did when I walked in. Dr. Staabs approach is harsh and aggressive. While current data regarding mental health recovery indicates client-centred care as being crucial to a successful recovery, what I experienced with Dr.Staab and the CVH inpatient eating disorders program is far from it. Any small requests that I had made that would help to ensure my success in the program were denied without second thought. Sadly this resulted in me leaving the program early. I am confident I would have found much better success with the program if Dr.Staab would have worked with me as an individual working towards recovery, rather than seeing me as an ill person incapable of comprhending what is in their best interest. Sadly, if you arent able to do well in this rigid environment, you will be discharged with very little options for other care. I question the ethics of a program that can leave a voicemail on your machine that can say you are at "high risk of death" in one breath and "You arent my patient anymore" in the next.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

Has contempt for older women and obese people. In it just coz it is an easy way to make good money and have a cushy life . Total fraud and phony. Feel sorry for his patients who are clueless.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I left the program feeling worse than I did before, he was very rude and my anxiety while in the program was as bad as it's ever been. I found that he was judgemental and rude.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I am glad he is able to help young people. Older adults like myself do not fit into his shoebox therapy. I left his program ashamed, severely depressed and feeling worthless. I have been eating disorder free for over ten years because I found an adult program that dealt with me as a whole person not just one aspect of my character. There and with medication, I gained the self worth to go on living. For that I am thankful but in no way for Doctor Staab.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Staab saved my life. I struggled with a serious eating disorder, and without him, I can say with confidence, would not be alive today to experience my life as it is now. I learned to have a voice, to be heard, to cope and self regulate and learned CBT strategies that with practice became second nature to me. I am TEN YEARS in my recovery. I can tell you, after just getting married, I briefly thought of Dr. Staab and his team as I prepared for my Wedding day; without the team at CVH, I would have never met the love of my life, or have been blessed enough to marry him. I can never repay Dr. Staab for what he did for me, as he has done for both women and men dealing with serious mental illness. He was the best doctor I'm sure I'll ever have and a hero to my family. To those of you who found him blunt or "rude", I can tell you as someone who has suffered an eating disorder, we can be manipulative, secretive and "rude" ourselves. Dr. Staab doesn't sugar coat the truth, I am so grateful he was blunt with me. It made me realize my life was worth working and fighting for. I whole heartedly recommend him and the program at CVH for anyone who is actively seeking and ready to work for their own recovery.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I never minded his toughness. it was the public shaming and ignorance of my serious mental illness that led me to a serious crash. I recovered ( am stable) only because I found a group that treated me as a whole person.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016