Ratings for Dr. Randy Staab

I can say, without hesitation or second guessing, that Dr. Staab and his entire staff saved my life. Can he be tough? Yes- he needs to be. He will not sugar coat or treat you with kid gloves- because he can't. He needs you to understand that your life is at stake...something that never hit me until he sat me down in his office and told me the harsh truth. He does it because he cares. After a year in the CVH Eating Disorders program, and now 7 years fully recovered from my severe eating disorder, I know he cared about me and told me what I needed to hear. If you are looking for a doctor to tell you it is okay to have an eating disorder, he is not the doctor for you. Listen to him, trust him, he knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

No help at all. Him and his staff, made my daughter feel like DIRT .... the first visit they acted all concerned and after that , they were judgmental and just rude to her . Before of their behavior she refused to get treatment and is still suffering... If they had showed her some care , I believe she would of accepted the help.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Judgemental, especially regarding substance use. A touch arrogant.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

he was head of the eating disorder program when I was there. along with all the other staff, I was made to feel that I had no voice. I was an older adult but the program seemed to focus an teens. I was given no respect and suffered extreme low esteem and major depression when i finished

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

This man saved my life. After the CVH inpatient program, then day-hospital and the transition program I went from a fragile broken severely depressed girl, to a successful, strong, capable woman 2 years into her recovery! The CVH Eating Disorder program will save your life, and Dr. Staab's commitment, patience, brilliance and care will help achieve health and happiness in your life. Believe in yourself and its never too late to get help. Contact Dr. Staab!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. Staab is one of the most caring drs I have ever come across. Even when you give up on yourself you can tell he's going to fight for you. He goes out of his way to do anything he can to help. Honestly I don't see that I could have survived without his help. He's personable but always on top of things. He tries to connect with you in a real way and really does listen. He's the greatest thing that's happened to my recovery. I don't know how one man can have such a big heart.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Dr Staab saved my life. There is nothing I can do to repay him for that. His program and the work he does for his patients is incredible. The staff at CVH are like a family to me, and Dr. Staab is an incredible, genuine Doctor who cares about his Patients. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Dr. Staab is a great doctor. As said in other ratings, he seems to truly care for each patient and wants whats best for us. I owe so much to him and the team at CVH.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2010

Best doctor ever! Often EARLY for appointment times and apologizes if he is late -- VERY caring about patient welfare as opposed to just weight restoration -- does eat with patients and is VERY involved in the ED program -- follow up is fantastic. . . We need more psychiatrists like him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2009

the BEST doctor i have ever come across. he just gets you and connects with you so well. he feels like a friend when you spend time with him. he truly cares about how you feel, and not just fixing an eating disorder as fast as possible

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009