Ratings for Dr. Paul Latimer

Dismissive, neglectful, and dishonest. I was expecting a day long assessment for thousands of $$$. I got an hour and 15mins and told less than half of my situation. I was still charged thousands, which was expected from me prior to the assessment. Shameful and negligent treatment from someone who is supposed to help people, yet does not follow the standards and guidelines of practice as set out by the college of physicians and surgeons in relation to patients rights.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2018

This Dr. helped me so much in a very little amount of time. He ascertained that I was not suffering from depression but circumstances. He insisted that my life would get better if I took charge of it and I did and I have never looked back. Thank you for treating me like a worthy human being and taking the extra time to speak with me as a fellow person. I don't usually rate but I DO check ratings. I am shocked at some of the comments here and believe that if you aren't ready to be helped you can't be. TY

flag | Submitted April 13, 2018

I have waited years to get the courage to “rate Paul Latimer” I will not use the term doctor where that narcissistic is concerned. I went to him with anorexia/bulimia and for a young girl confused and vulnerable I was a perfect target for his twisted behaviour of blame and shaming. Others I have met have told horrific stories about this man, why and how is he still practicing?!! Please if anyone reads this do NOT let anyone you love near this man!!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Dr. Latimer agreed to see my husband and me for a psychiatric evaluation. We had sent him basic medical information by email and he agreed to see us for this evaluation. We took a binder of additional medical information from doctors for him to review. We were looking forward to getting help. After reading through the medical information for about 10 minutes, Dr. Latimer told us to leave. I pleaded with him to help my husband, but he said no. He said we could get help at the mental health centre. We had already tried there. The refusal for help was devastating to my husband, and he broke down completely. He developed what is called an acute distress syndrome. He was unable to work and has never recovered. I didn't know a complete breakdown could so utterly destroy a person. I do not understand why Dr. Latimer couldn't have at least spent the time of the appointment with us. At least offering some reassurance and hopefulness if he did not want to take the case. But, he didn't. He literally told us to leave because he didn't want anything to do with us. He said he had a life to live. This abrupt dismissal and disregard was horrific especially for someone so mentally fragile.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

My son was referred to Dr. Latimer for my his depression and anxiety. We were thrilled when we FINALLY got an appointment and were about to see the Doctor. Throughout the course of the appointment, Dr. Latimer basically said that my son's inability to attend school was my fault... I should force my 6'4" 16 year old son to go to bed earlier and make him get up in the morning. Inferred that I was a terrible parent. I was devastated. It was not until I connected with another parent whose child was walking a similar journey as my son, that I discovered that Dr. Latimer had said the same thing to him. I believe that this Doctor should not be practicing and should be reviewed by the governing board.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Absolute disgusting disgrace of a doctor who should be punished for crimes against humanity. I went to this %*^#head seeking help from him, to be later unknowingly hooked on dex (synthetic speed) by him feeding the addiction weekly as well as a cocktail of drugs that arm harmful to take with them. If you love your loved ones do not send them to this ugly %^#^

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

absolutely the worst person ever and the staff are all ignorant as well.. would never go through

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I would give him a NEGATIVE number of stars. He is a quack! He does not do due diligence... doesn't bother to obtain records from previous doctor's and hospitalizations. Snap diagnoses made with no regard for his patient's well-being. In this case my son. My family doctor has been advised that my chart clearly states that he is NEVER to be assigned to me if I need to be hospitalized as a therapeutic relationship would be impossible as I would prefer to punch him than see him. As for his Okanagan Clinical Trials...never. I have taken part in several asthma studies with another doctor but would never even consider taking part in a study he has any hand in! I do not trust him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Not good at ll stay away very cold and just does not care just wants the money for the insurance company. Bunch od hug wash with tests. You meet him for about 20 and then 4 he at doing test

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Worst doctor I have ever experienced. Inflated undeserving ego who shouldn't be treating p3ople at all. If I had had an ounce of self-worth when I was under his care I would have taken his sorry butt to court. He set my progress back YEARS & made me reluctant to seek any other professional for treatment. He was abusive, demeaning, and dismissive. He should have a sign above his door - abandon all hope, ye who enter....

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017