Ratings for Dr. Paul Latimer

absolutely the worst person ever and the staff are all ignorant as well.. would never go through

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

I would give him a NEGATIVE number of stars. He is a quack! He does not do due diligence... doesn't bother to obtain records from previous doctor's and hospitalizations. Snap diagnoses made with no regard for his patient's well-being. In this case my son. My family doctor has been advised that my chart clearly states that he is NEVER to be assigned to me if I need to be hospitalized as a therapeutic relationship would be impossible as I would prefer to punch him than see him. As for his Okanagan Clinical Trials...never. I have taken part in several asthma studies with another doctor but would never even consider taking part in a study he has any hand in! I do not trust him.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

Not good at ll stay away very cold and just does not care just wants the money for the insurance company. Bunch od hug wash with tests. You meet him for about 20 and then 4 he at doing test

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Worst doctor I have ever experienced. Inflated undeserving ego who shouldn't be treating p3ople at all. If I had had an ounce of self-worth when I was under his care I would have taken his sorry butt to court. He set my progress back YEARS & made me reluctant to seek any other professional for treatment. He was abusive, demeaning, and dismissive. He should have a sign above his door - abandon all hope, ye who enter....

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

This man is fraud, his only intention is to stroke his own ego. He asks general questions and adds up the scores to determine your condition. He has self esteem issues and has no business in the field of Psychiatry but desperately needs to find a Psychiatrist. Who is determining your capacity to practice Ron? You are a cancer in the field of mental health, you have no business being any where near a patient . Ron you need help , the thought of having someone like you running trials on innocent people with mental health issues scares me. It should scare everyone.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

Whoever signed off on this guys license must of been high. Worst Doctor I have ever seen. It was from a referral from my regular GP and I can tell you if this guys name is on your referral ask for a different Doctor. It's insulting to other Doctors to give this loser that title. Trust the reviews on this website this guy is a real POS!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Although I went to Dr. Latimer with a previous ADHD diagnosis, he INSISTED that I pay $150 to take a TOVA test. This test was nothing more than a computer program designed to diagnose something I had already been diagnosed with. After the fact, Latimer prescribed me with Dexedrine. I had heard a lot of horror stories about this extremely controversial drug, so I initially refused to take it. Latimer then told me that it was the only medication that I could get under my coverage, which was a complete lie (I have extended government health care - I could get massages covered if I wanted to), but I made the mistake of trusting him. Now, under a year later, I'm developing heart problems at the age of 20 which my REAL doctors say is more than likely caused by the medication. This man literally lied through his teeth to prescribe me with a medication that I didn't want to take. I would have been better off never seeing a doctor in the first place.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

He's completely useless. He asks you subjective generalized questions from a computer program. Reads the score that the computer tells him. He completely ignores any other input. He could literally be replaced with the multiple choice computer program that he uses himself. At least the computer program wouldn't be so condescending.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE......Worst I have ever seen! Insensitive jerk making his living off pharmaceuticals.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

At age 21 I came to Dr Latimer mildly depressed and seeking help. I ended up in the Kelowna Hospital Psych ward on heavy medications including Stelazine and Haldol. I was a zombie. He had diagnosed me with Affective Schizoid disorder. I was forced to quit college and basically ended up drooling in the psych ward. Through the efforts of my family and friends (and hospital staff who told me I didn't belong there) I found the courage to leave Dr. Latimer's care and move to the coast to begin university. Initially his meds kept me too out of it to function but thanks to a wonderful Dr. At UVic I was weaned off the meds. In fact, she was "disturbed" by how heavily medicated I was under Latimer's care. And strongly disagreed with his diagnosis. Within months, I was laughing, making friends and earning high grades. Dr. Latimer very nearly destroyed my life and severely impacted my family. I was his Guinea pig. Thirty years later, as a successful, happy woman I am truly horrified this man's terrifying legacy continues. I would not wish him on anyone. If you are referred to him, run the other way.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016