Ratings for Dr. Douglas K. Pay

this doctor is totally misdiagnosed our daughter's condition. he said condition was from strep...test results proved she did not even have strep...took 3 days to get results back...nurse was very rude when we finally got a return call from the office...what a waste of money this place is....

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I had to have a tumor removed on my face about a year ago. After it was removed, I thought the incision might be infected. Pay says my whole face is infected. I ask if the incision is also infected. He says, "What I'm telling you is your whole face is infected." Then he gives me a few free samples. One was a topical steroid, although I didn't know that at the time. I have taken steroids before and explained to Pay how much I disliked them, that they caused all sorts of problems for me and that I would never use steroids again. He obviously wasn't listening. I thought what he gave me was to get rid of an infection; he didn't say it was for the minor and temporary redness from Retin-A, which I was using because of the steroids I was put on before. The steroid permanently ruined my skin. Besides that, steroids like the one I was given are contraindicated for infections, so it was stupid that he was prescribing it if he really thought my whole skin was infected with staph infection.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2008

My skin is permanently scarred, ruined, as a result of going to this dermatologist. I wish I could just get my skin to look like what it did before I went to this "doctor." Unfortunately, however, that's impossible.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

He scarred my face. There's no possible way to fix the damage he caused. Also, he's very rude and doesn't even care that he scarred my face. Now being in a major city, visiting a friend, I have had the opportunity to go to a good doctor, a graduate of Columbia. He laughed and ridiculed the idea that what Pay did to my face could be dermatitis. He said it's obviously significant scarring and it's permanent. He said he could try using a laser treatment, which is expensive, but the effect would be marginal and insignificant. What a waste. It's unreal to go to a dermatologist and to have your face scarred for the rest of your life.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2008

Worst doctor ever made my skin problems worse. Made my go through 5 months of steriod withdraw. got thyroid disease from it.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2008

flag | Submitted February 19, 2008

Dr. Douglas K. Pay's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1962)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Sioux Falls, SD