Ratings for Dr. Wes Woychuck

I have been impressed by and appreciated Dr Woychuck and then tonight was one of those moments that I regain faith in humanity. I had emailed him about making an appointment and on a friday night he made an effort to to get a hold of me because he was concerned that i might actually be experiencing a blood clot. He asked some questions decided that wasn't the case gave me some advice and discussed seeing him. Doctors are busy, work a lot of hours, I would never expect off hour calls at home but I sure appreciate it.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

Horrible experience with private care. Spend thousands of dollars on health and weight loss treatments. A year later no results and continually gaining weight and was told they don’t know why and that it must be my fault. Vanquish does not work at all. HCG diet did not work and was my fault because I did not call them everyday. Pushed me off to a pharmacist because I was a “special case” and received no follow up care. Forgot twice to send my prescriptions to the pharmacists and was told I was ranting over this and refusing furthur treatment which I have paid for.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

My contact with Dr. Woychuk in emergency has always been a positive one. He is so relaxed and kind that you feel you are in good hands. Plus he is good to look at which makes him even more appealing

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

This past weekend, I was visiting my dad in Merritt. I healthy and fit but out of the blue, I had night long acute pain in my lower right leg. In the morning, when I descended some stairs my leg gave out from the pain. We went to the Nicola Valley hospital to investigate a possible blood clot. Wow, was I impressed with the level of care, personable nurses and excellent doctors that took care of me. Dr. WW was in this morning when I needed to return for follow up care. Would love this man as my GP! Thorough, knowledgable, friendly and very easy on the eyes!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Well today I spent 4hrs in Emerg seeing this Dr. my girl had seen him before said he was kind caring and good looking I must say I agree! But he was consistent acurit with his care and very happy with the nurses and people over all! He's got great bed side manners and need i say more wow! Merritt emergency very lucky to have him.....when he comes into town! 💜💜💜💜 thanks for taking care of me and giving me the pep talk I needed. I hope to feel better soon (patient with chest infection) thanks again!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

I first met Dr. Woychuk in the ER at Merritt on 2 Jan. 2016 when I had a badly infected toe and foot. He told me it was severe but he would start immediate treatment. I had to return the next day for another IV. After checking progress he had me return on Monday the 4th for a final IV. When he was satisfied with the progress he gave me a prescription for the next 10 days. Only when he was satisfied with the progress did he tell me that when I first arrived on Sat. he thought I might lose the toe. He saved it. I had 100% confidence in him. Merritt ER was wonderful too. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

This Dr does on-call at the Merritt BC hospital. A few weeks back I had to go to the ER and he was my Dr. An amazing man with quite the bedside manner and knowledge. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr Wes Has helped my family and myself over the past 12 years and he is remarkable To have a s a doctor for your family needs!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

My son has seen Dr. Woychuck in emerg. a few times (stitches, broken bones, allergic responses, etc). I like his bedside manner and his ability to relate to the kids during treatment. He is knowledgeable and kind and takes times to explain what the matter of steps are. We never feel "talked down to" or confused by his conversation which can sometimes happen in these types of situations. He is calm and attentive in his approach and I am relieved when we go in and he's handling incoming from an ER perspective.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

My mom used to work with him years ago and always talked about him, said he was great. Three years ago I had a serious nose bleed from a facial trauma (punched pretty square in the beak). Went to ER after a nasty bleed out an saw a different doc, not gonna say his name but my mom also worked with him in the past. Well he sent me home saying nothing could be done since the bleeding had subsided. Next night major bleed out occurred, lost consciousness in ER and WW was on duty, thorough exam, questioning , X-rays and bingo severed artery followed by nasal surgery . Lost over half my blood in a short period, kinda pissed at the other guy because had I been alone during this incident I may well have died or suffered a way worse outcome. Thumbs up to him that's for sure! I NEVER go to the doctor but I knew something was seriously wrong and it didn't take him long to figure out what I thought most doctors would.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013