Ratings for Dr. Rachel A. McConnell

She was very good when I got to see her. Her staff was the worst they never called me back I always had to call them. I just wish she would get her office staff together. I loved seeing her and talking to her but her staff sucked big time, that's what made me go some other place.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Her staff was horrible!!! Never returned any of my phone calls. I would have to drive to her office just to talk to someone and even then they were clueless. They never filed my insurance properly and even double billed me and my husband. The doc was okay but her staff was completely worthless. This has been the consensus from 3 other women I know that dealt with her staff. Dr. McConnell needs to recognize her unprofessional staff is causing her to lose patients!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

We just wanted to say thanks for the great care we've received. This whole process was emotionally rough but we always felt comfortable and treated with care and a personal touch-not just another patient. We are still amazed it took only one try with one embryo. We can't wait for our little miracle to arrive! We will always be grateful and Dr. McConnell will always have a special place in our heart.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr. McConnell is very friendly and knowledgable. However, her staff is unorganized and it takes a really long time to receive a returned phone call. We suffered a miscarriage and was told by a staff member that perhaps I had lifted something that I should not have. This was very disheartening and insensitive.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

The staff is often helpful when and if they return your calls. Pray it is not an emergency. The doctor failed to check to see for uterine abnormalities such as polyps, fibroids, etc. After IVF and three failed transfers I went and got another opinion, and I had a growth in my uterus the entire time resulting in the embryos to not be able to implant. This was not only heartbreaking but we spent a ton of money and emotions for nothing. I often felt as if I was just another number and not an important patient. She also diagnosed me with an immune disorder and put me on blood thinners for nothing. I do know people that have gotten pregnant by her but I would recommend seeking a second opinion before you send a lot of money and emotions. They then proceeded to send me a huge bill after I had my records transferred. They did fix this error after a phone call however. The staff is very nice and they all have good intentions but beware.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

VERY NICE AND GREAT STAFF TAKES HER TIME TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS AND CALLS YOU BACK ON HER OWN PERSONAL TIME

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Horrible service. Unfriendly, not personable. Rushes you out of the office, didn't have time to ask/get answered any questions. Staff is horribly unhelpful. Dont do things they say they will do. Tell me results are in and come to office to find out they are not, come back next day, still are not ready, on and on. Appts never start on time, she is rather rough with her ultrasounds...

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

Very inconsistent on billing. When I had bleeding with my pregnancy, she did not have time to talk to me and I was told I would have to wait until the next appt, which was a week away.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2008

Dr. Rachel A. McConnell's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1986)