Ratings for Dr. Thomas C. Blevins

Dr. Blevins, while very personable, has not seen me a single time in 5 years that he did not try to push me into having a gastric bypass for my diabetes. Plus, he's quick to discontinue medications that other doctors have prescribed without consultation. But mostly, I can only see his staff, which are awful! Rude, abrupt, downright hateful at times, and none have been forthcoming with information or education about my diseases. Talked me into a glucose monitor that does not work with the meds I take--BIG waste of time and money. And look out for the stopwatch effect--blurt your questions out fast because they are going to kick you out in 15 no matter what. And forget trying to reach anyone by phone. I'm searching for a new Endocrinologist.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

The most terrible office staff I've ever experienced. I stood at the front desk for about 2 minutes until they finished their personal conversation. The office manager Tiffany is a liar as they said they were not going to charge me for an office visit and they did anyways. The office staffs example is their boss which is why they think they can get away with it. I had to go to the lab 3 times for one draw because her staff repeadetly stated that the orders could be electronically sent over but when talking to Tiffany they said its done in only special occasions, which was inconsistent with what her staff said. After I said I wouldn't pay for a visit with the nurse because all the lab results where not completed, they both agreed. Then I come back to my next visit and its on my bill. She never apologized for her staffs miscommunication and then she tries to bring in this compliance lady saying that its their policy not to credit accounts but at the same time she tries to offer me a 25% discount. A complete contradiction. I hope you steer clear of this place as they will waste your time and money and not apologize or take accountability for any of it.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Piled one med on top of another as side effects kept popping up due to his initial, inaccurate diagnosis. Glad I stopped seeing him, and I am not and have been prescription free for several years after I dropped him. His SOP is to have RN's do all the work including diagnosis and he flies in for the last 3 minutes to bless everything and then leaves. Some doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

I've been fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Blevins for over 20 years. He is the best. I see him for thyroid issues and low bone density. Dr. Blevins doesn't take new patients, and for a reason -- he is so good that patients lucky enough to have him as their physician never leave. On hearing that I'm a patient of Dr. Blevins, more than one physician has said "he's super smart." Dr. Blevins is thorough, patient, and explains things clearly. I have heard great things about the nurse practitioners in his office (Texas Diabetes & Endocrinology), so if you can't see Dr. Blevins ask to see one of them.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I have been a patient for 10 years. Doctor Blevins has a great bedside manner. Always comes in with a big smile, takes his time with me, and answers questions. Very personable and kind. Because his practice is so large, usually only get to schedule appointment about once every 7-8 months; during other times see his clinical nurse specialist, who is highly knowledgeable. She makes very effective changes to treatment medications and writes prescriptions. Very please with her and all staff. Practice is well managed and never wait for more than a few minutes to take vitals and then within a few more minutes see the doctor or clinical nurse specialist.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

90% of the visit is spent with Dr Blevin's assistants who are RN's. They do the exams and provide their diagnosis to Dr Blevin's who then comes in for the last 3 minutes and rubber stamps what ever the R/N's put forth. So who are you really seeing? They are also too quick to throw drugs at problems; case in point... I started seeing Dr Blevins and was taking 1 prescription, every other visit I complained of new problems and within 9 months I was taking 5 prescription; one for each "new" problem. It was clear to me that the existing meds were the direct cause of the new issues but Blevin's & crew failed to make that connection. I stopped seeing Blevins 5 years ago, I no longer take any medications and I have never felt better or have been healthier.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

While I did get seen once by Dr Blevin every time I visited this office I saw different providers. Several of the providers were moving to another office so I understand it on occasion but it happened repeatedly. I felt like a number not a person in this busy office. I have chosen to look elsewhere for care as I was not pleased with the care.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

I love Dr. Blevins. He has helped me for years and he is very kind.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Dr. Blevins is incredible. Knowledgeable, friendly, kind and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Wonderful doctor! The best endocrinologist in Austin!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

Dr. Thomas C. Blevins's Credentials

• Spanish

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)