Ratings for Dr. George Luciuk

This guy is a joke. If you are still decided to go to him, just think you are going to a comedy show. Do not expect to get any useful advise from this "doctor". Complete waste of time. He does not listen, because he "knows everything" but he forgets to share knowledge with anyone. If you value your health find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Didn't find him abrasive or abrupt at all. He obviously just can't stand dumb people asking dumb questions and being overly sensitive. He was direct and got the job done. Overall good experience.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

I have been a patient with Dr. Luciuk for 32 years. I can honestly say that this man has saved my life! Having a childhood of uncontrolled asthma and allergies and having been clinically dead from my asthma( brought back to life) and a brother that succumbed to the disease. I can honestly say that without the intervention from Dr. Luciuk I would not be living, or have any life! I read the reviews and am astonished that everyone cannot see that first impressions are the worst impressions. Everyone has bad days and you are there to get "figured out". If you need a support group bring a relative and friend. He is highly knowledgeable, well educated and will help. However, you need to take his advice seriously and be proactive in your own life. I travel 6 hours to see him! For anyone who is serious about getting help for serious or life threatening allergies, THIS IS THE DR WHO WILL HELP! But you will also have to help yourself. Get sheet protectors, get rid of carpets, remove as many allergens from your home and workplace. Stop eating things that you are sensitive to. For all others who want a quick fix, take a pill...... and for all creepers forming opinions, meet the man and make your own opinion! :-)

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

Cancelled his appointment due to reading a bunch of bad reviews. YES it is mandatory to have good bedside manners and to be able to ask your doctor for info and advice thats what taxes allow us to do. Heres a link to filing a complaint: https://www.cpsbc.ca/for-public/file-complaint some staff are nice over the phone some aren't depends on who you talk to. He should retire already

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

Have been a patient of Dr. Luciuks for 25 years. He is helpful and caring and concerned for his patients wellbeing. My children have also had testing done with Dr. Luciuk and have felt very comfortable in his office and with testing procedures. He is patient with them and answers any questions they may have. I would definitely recommend Dr. Luciuk.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

He is a business man and rude , not doctor at all.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Why does this doctor get away with treating people like this

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Terrible attitude! A simple question prompted a response which I found insulting. Our conversation grew louder until he abruptly exited. He is a difficult person and I left the office with a terrible impression. I think all he does is give allergy shots which a nurse practitioner can do.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Thanks for cutting off my supply God. Nowhere does it say that I can't administer my own shots.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Luciuk for over 10 years. I understand why there are many mixed reviews on this site. To be honest: he is rude, sometimes condescending, and not warm and fuzzy in the slightest. I have often been annoyed by his abrasive attitude. That said, I think he is very knowledgeable, and his urging of me to get allergy shots has hugely improved my quality of life. I think that his medical advice is sound BUT I would recommend that you brace yourself for his blunt responses. Do some research ahead of time and ask him specific questions, he is not the paternal type and he won't spend time comforting you. Ask direct questions and assert yourself a little. I concede that in an ideal world doctors would have both medical expertise and a good bedside manner, but that isn't always the case. If you are very sensitive or have medical anxiety I would recommend bringing some moral support with you. The reason I continue to see him is: his recommended treatment has decreased all my allergies by 70% in the last 2 years and will likely rid me of all my severe allergies in the next year or so. The results are amazing and my quality of life is so much higher than before treatment. I have not had too much trouble making appointments to see him - usually waiting about 3 weeks. His staff is very helpful and once you have been ordering allergy shots for a long period they simply let you re-order over the phone and pick them up at your convenience.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016