Ratings for Dr. George Luciuk

I have gone to Dr. Luciuk for over 10 years. I understand why there are many mixed reviews on this site. To be honest: he is rude, sometimes condescending, and not warm and fuzzy in the slightest. I have often been annoyed by his abrasive attitude. That said, I think he is very knowledgeable, and his urging of me to get allergy shots has hugely improved my quality of life. I think that his medical advice is sound BUT I would recommend that you brace yourself for his blunt responses. Do some research ahead of time and ask him specific questions, he is not the paternal type and he won't spend time comforting you. Ask direct questions and assert yourself a little. I concede that in an ideal world doctors would have both medical expertise and a good bedside manner, but that isn't always the case. If you are very sensitive or have medical anxiety I would recommend bringing some moral support with you. The reason I continue to see him is: his recommended treatment has decreased all my allergies by 70% in the last 2 years and will likely rid me of all my severe allergies in the next year or so. The results are amazing and my quality of life is so much higher than before treatment. I have not had too much trouble making appointments to see him - usually waiting about 3 weeks. His staff is very helpful and once you have been ordering allergy shots for a long period they simply let you re-order over the phone and pick them up at your convenience.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

If I could select 0 for each of the ratings I would. This doctor and staff need to be reported. The way the treat their patients is in excusable. This is by far the worst doctor I have seen. Rude, arrogant, condesending. This doctor does not have the right to make people feel this way we are human.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Have taken my daughter there for 3 years. I am one of the patients that do not want warm and fuzzy from my docs; that's not what I'm there for. I have questions and he answered them. I really think the best way to describe him is he is a collaborative healthcare provider: he expects that you're going to do some work before you get there, and if you do, he rewards you with to-the-point answers. I don't go in saying "Should she eat peanuts?" if we know the skin text swelled up for nuts! We have certainly seen improvements over the course of three years of allergy shots and as my daughter grows, Dr. Luciuk explains how her physiology is changing how we treat her eczema. At one point we decided we didn't want the weekly trips to the clinic for shots and we really paid the price; her skin, nasal passages, head stuffiness all came out in full force. Just as he said it would. We're back on the shots and just had a retest last week and from the first one being 11 items allergic, we're down to 3 (seasonal pollens) and none of them food. I'll put up with any arrogant doctor if they help my child get healthier...

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Wow! I can't believe the comments on this site. Dr. Luciuk is the best allergist I have seen (from a total of three). He takes time with patients, is kind, explains things, and has a good sense of humour. In the waiting room I have met people from other parts of the province: Northern BC, and Vancouver Island. They travel just to see him. I moved almost an hour drive away from his office, but I will continue to see him. THAT is how good he is!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Throughout the initial information gathering and testing, his manner appeared to be consistent with what I would expect. However, in the last few minutes when discussing dietary procedures, he seemed to get increasingly aggravated with my inquiries to the point where he came off abrasive. His voice rose to a level where one could easily hear him throughout the office. He slowed his speech as if look like the problem was that I wasn’t able to interpret individual syllables. He did all of this in such an aggressive and condescending manner, I felt as if he was attempting to intimidate me. Regardless of his intentions, his conduct was unprofessional and made me quite uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I feel validated by most of the comments below. Dr. Luciuk did not take the time to answer my questions and in the end was shouting at me "If it makes you sick don't eat it". My allergies are the cause of extreme anxiety eating and swallowing to the point I've been hospitalized for not eating or drinking. When I asked the nurse questions she said "Ask the Doctor". The Doctor said "Call my nurses with questions". On the elimination diet I called in with a question and the nurse said I'd need to book a follow up appointment with the doctor. She could not answer any of my questions and was so rude I ended up crying on the phone. Even though I may loose precious time in starting treatment I've decided to get a referral to another doctor. Dr. Luciuk was mean and ultimately unhelpful. I think he treats all patients with the same regime - Notes on bed encasings and an elimination diet which is not customized to the patients needs. (the basic elimination diet is not appropriate for me given my condition). DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

My daughter suffered from eczema since she was born and she's now almost 3. I have been to a pediatrician and another allergist. They all gave her steroids and said that food is not related to eczema and there's no cure. I decided to test her again after 1 yr had past. Test shows she is severely allergic to peanuts and quite a bit to dust mites. The first thing he asked me when he saw me was whether i give her gummies/candies that contain dye. He said dye is very bad for eczema, especially red dye. After the tests, he told me to buy encasing for the bed to prevent dust mite. He also explained that soy (which triggers a horrible eczema flare all over my daughter) is related to peanuts, hence her eczema. Also shrimp/crab is in the same family as dust mites, hence her eczema after eating. I have had more information from him than any other physician. He did not prescribe any more steroids. I think he is to the point and does not waste time. If you want a doctor who makes you warm and fuzzy,.. he is not the one.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

You wait forever to get into the office and then you wait forever at the office for your appointment. And then he doesn't explain any of your unusual test results, just saying "if you're nervous don't eat it".

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Absolutely terrible. I have been waiting months to see an allergist. I've schedule an appointment more than 4 months in advance and have been counting the days to see this Dr. Two weeks before the appointment I received a call saying that the doctor was not available on the day I booked, and they wanted to re-book me for 4 months later. This is a complete disregard for the patient, do not even bother seeing them.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I went to Dr Luciuk to get tested for a potential deadly allergy to laundry detergent. He was actually nicer then my last time I went there. But the office is still in the dinisor age of facing documents and do not use any email to send documents to patients. WARNING THE DOCTOR WAS CONTEMPTIBLE TO WORK ON A DIAGNOSE WHICH WOULD ONLY TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO FILL OUT. There is a staff member there I call nurse ratchet from the movie one flew over the cookies nest (she is evil and likes to lord over you when a mistake is done). My impression this place 1. dr Luciuk needs to retire 2. The staff need to go to counciling from being bullied from him. 3. The evil nurse needs to get her license revoked for her neglectful attitude. 4. They grab money at all costs which cost me 799.99 after this visit. This office needs to be redone and with a better doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. George Luciuk's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have gone to Dr. Luciuk for over 10 years. I understand why there are many mixed reviews on this site. To be honest: he is rude, sometimes condescending, an..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If I could select 0 for each of the ratings I would. This doctor and staff need to be reported. The way the treat their patients is in excusable. This is by far..."

May 9, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Have taken my daughter there for 3 years. I am one of the patients that do not want warm and fuzzy from my docs; that's not what I'm there for. I have questions..."

May 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow! I can't believe the comments on this site. Dr. Luciuk is the best allergist I have seen (from a total of three). He takes time with patients, is kind, expl..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Throughout the initial information gathering and testing, his manner appeared to be consistent with what I would expect. However, in the last few minutes when d..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I feel validated by most of the comments below. Dr. Luciuk did not take the time to answer my questions and in the end was shouting at me "If it makes you sick ..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter suffered from eczema since she was born and she's now almost 3. I have been to a pediatrician and another allergist. They all gave her steroids and ..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "You wait forever to get into the office and then you wait forever at the office for your appointment. And then he doesn't explain any of your unusual test resul..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely terrible. I have been waiting months to see an allergist. I've schedule an appointment more than 4 months in advance and have been counting the days ..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Luciuk to get tested for a potential deadly allergy to laundry detergent. He was actually nicer then my last time I went there. But the office i..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I was not impressed with Dr. Luciuk. I came to this site to look for other allergists and thought I would see what other people said about him. I was happy to s..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Luciuk to be very professional and thorough. He wasn't extraordinarily friendly but he did his job well and that's what matters. He listened to my co..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Waited about a year to see this doctor, I've had nut allergies for a while and wanted to check if I was allergic to anything else as well. saw him in 2013 and h..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After going to so many Doctor's who didn't know what was wrong with me, i finally got sent to Dr. Luciuk. He found environment allergies which was causing me to..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Luciuk was the worst Doctor I have ever been to BY FAR. When he asked me questions he expected a 1 word yes or no answer, period. He didn't let me explain an..."

February 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He was very impatient, quick to get us in/out of the office. The staff are dismissive & somewhat scared for the Dr."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I took my daughter to get tested for food allergies and while his staff was very friendly, his bedside manner was seriously lacking. I asked him a few questions..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My 2 girls and I have seen Dr. Luciuk. I have seen 2 other allergy specialist and a dermatologist and none of them agreed with me that food can be the cause of ..."

December 7, 2014