Ratings for Dr. George Luciuk

After reading all the comments in this thread, I was nervous about taking my son to see Dr. Luciuk but was very pleasantly surprised with the meeting. The staff (which many note are not helpful), performed their duties as expected. Punctuality was also not an issue; we were taken into a meeting room 1 or two minutes after our appointed time and only had to wait a few minutes before he joined us. Certainly I can understand comments about personality - it was clear he 'struggles' to interact with children but did his best to lighten the mood and keep things moving along. After the testing and when discussing the results it was all business and definitely there was no tolerance for interruptions BUT, in his defense, he was trying to explain the interactions of various food an environmental allergens and saving questions for the end made it easier for all to follow along. Perhaps we got him on a good day; perhaps my expectations had been 'lowered' by reading the numerous comments ... either way, Dr. Luciuk was great, very professional and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

He is one of the best. Genuinely a very compassionate and nice person. Perfect for his role.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Here's the thing you need to know. Dr, Luciuk is NOT for you if you want to be coddled, hand-held, if you need to ask the same question multiple times or if you aren't going to follow his advice. Otherwise, he is a terrific doctor. His knowledge is unsurpassed and he does have a (dry) sense of humour. He does not have fabulous bedside manner, he is direct, efficient and does not spend a lot of time on pleasantries. In short, he is a doctor for someone who just wants to go in, see the doctor, ask the questions that need to be asked and leave.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I'm not a medical professional myself so I have no way of knowing for sure, but he seems to be very knowledgeable at his job, although in explaining results and/or treatments to you he seems to want to get through it as quickly as possible and not necessarily make sure you fully understand everything. Despite his experience and medical prowess, I can still safely say he is one of my least favorite people I've had to deal with regarding health care. He is rude, condescending, abrasive, and seems to care more about his bottom line and getting through the day than actually helping people. I asked questions and pressed for details politely as I wasn't clear on my results and the treatment I was facing, and he responded impatiently and dismissively, as if I was a spoiled child that had just whined about having to eat his vegetables. And I wasn't even close to being belligerent or dense, I just asked a question about my treatment and he made no effort to show his overblown exasperation, and reiterated the information I asked for in slow, exaggerated syllables as if I was hard of hearing. God forbid he actually have to deal with someone even remotely slow or behind the curve; I can't imagine how abusively he'd treat them. Ultimately, despite him likely being a good doctor academically, his personal professionalism is so poor that I would definitely recommend NOT seeing him to anyone with any sense of emotion. Truly a very toxic personality.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

Taught me a lot about allergies, and has really helped me get my symptoms under control.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Dr. Luciuk is great and very professional but his staff is the worst. They are lazy and neglectful and never follow through on anything. After reordering the $500.00 serum, they said they called which was a complete lie as everybody has call display. My daughter has been without her shots for well over a month. Basically I had to spend my time following everything up with these useless staff members.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

The doctor's and the front staff's behavior are both very poor. I have waited more than three weeks for breathing test results to be sent to my family doctor. Last week I was assured by the front staff that they would be faxed over to my doctor that same day. The were not and today I found out that the whole office has gone on holidays for the next two weeks. I recommend that you don't accept a referral to Dr. Luciuk unless you enjoy being abused.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

The front desk staff are terrible... they have lost my paperwork many times. Dr Luciac takes on alot of patients so he gets straight to the point. he has helped my allergies immensely. Just take his speediness with a pinch of salt, because he will help you greatly.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr Luciuk is extremely knowledgeable and highly recommended by numerous doctors. Dr is extremely busy but he still takes the time to answer all of your questions. I was very impressed and would not recommend listening to all the negative reviews as Dr Luciuk is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

This guy is a joke. If you are still decided to go to him, just think you are going to a comedy show. Do not expect to get any useful advise from this "doctor". Complete waste of time. He does not listen, because he "knows everything" but he forgets to share knowledge with anyone. If you value your health find another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017