Ratings for Dr. George Luciuk

Why does this doctor get away with treating people like this

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Terrible attitude! A simple question prompted a response which I found insulting. Our conversation grew louder until he abruptly exited. He is a difficult person and I left the office with a terrible impression. I think all he does is give allergy shots which a nurse practitioner can do.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Thanks for cutting off my supply God. Nowhere does it say that I can't administer my own shots.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I have gone to Dr. Luciuk for over 10 years. I understand why there are many mixed reviews on this site. To be honest: he is rude, sometimes condescending, and not warm and fuzzy in the slightest. I have often been annoyed by his abrasive attitude. That said, I think he is very knowledgeable, and his urging of me to get allergy shots has hugely improved my quality of life. I think that his medical advice is sound BUT I would recommend that you brace yourself for his blunt responses. Do some research ahead of time and ask him specific questions, he is not the paternal type and he won't spend time comforting you. Ask direct questions and assert yourself a little. I concede that in an ideal world doctors would have both medical expertise and a good bedside manner, but that isn't always the case. If you are very sensitive or have medical anxiety I would recommend bringing some moral support with you. The reason I continue to see him is: his recommended treatment has decreased all my allergies by 70% in the last 2 years and will likely rid me of all my severe allergies in the next year or so. The results are amazing and my quality of life is so much higher than before treatment. I have not had too much trouble making appointments to see him - usually waiting about 3 weeks. His staff is very helpful and once you have been ordering allergy shots for a long period they simply let you re-order over the phone and pick them up at your convenience.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

If I could select 0 for each of the ratings I would. This doctor and staff need to be reported. The way the treat their patients is in excusable. This is by far the worst doctor I have seen. Rude, arrogant, condesending. This doctor does not have the right to make people feel this way we are human.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Have taken my daughter there for 3 years. I am one of the patients that do not want warm and fuzzy from my docs; that's not what I'm there for. I have questions and he answered them. I really think the best way to describe him is he is a collaborative healthcare provider: he expects that you're going to do some work before you get there, and if you do, he rewards you with to-the-point answers. I don't go in saying "Should she eat peanuts?" if we know the skin text swelled up for nuts! We have certainly seen improvements over the course of three years of allergy shots and as my daughter grows, Dr. Luciuk explains how her physiology is changing how we treat her eczema. At one point we decided we didn't want the weekly trips to the clinic for shots and we really paid the price; her skin, nasal passages, head stuffiness all came out in full force. Just as he said it would. We're back on the shots and just had a retest last week and from the first one being 11 items allergic, we're down to 3 (seasonal pollens) and none of them food. I'll put up with any arrogant doctor if they help my child get healthier...

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Wow! I can't believe the comments on this site. Dr. Luciuk is the best allergist I have seen (from a total of three). He takes time with patients, is kind, explains things, and has a good sense of humour. In the waiting room I have met people from other parts of the province: Northern BC, and Vancouver Island. They travel just to see him. I moved almost an hour drive away from his office, but I will continue to see him. THAT is how good he is!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Throughout the initial information gathering and testing, his manner appeared to be consistent with what I would expect. However, in the last few minutes when discussing dietary procedures, he seemed to get increasingly aggravated with my inquiries to the point where he came off abrasive. His voice rose to a level where one could easily hear him throughout the office. He slowed his speech as if look like the problem was that I wasn’t able to interpret individual syllables. He did all of this in such an aggressive and condescending manner, I felt as if he was attempting to intimidate me. Regardless of his intentions, his conduct was unprofessional and made me quite uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I feel validated by most of the comments below. Dr. Luciuk did not take the time to answer my questions and in the end was shouting at me "If it makes you sick don't eat it". My allergies are the cause of extreme anxiety eating and swallowing to the point I've been hospitalized for not eating or drinking. When I asked the nurse questions she said "Ask the Doctor". The Doctor said "Call my nurses with questions". On the elimination diet I called in with a question and the nurse said I'd need to book a follow up appointment with the doctor. She could not answer any of my questions and was so rude I ended up crying on the phone. Even though I may loose precious time in starting treatment I've decided to get a referral to another doctor. Dr. Luciuk was mean and ultimately unhelpful. I think he treats all patients with the same regime - Notes on bed encasings and an elimination diet which is not customized to the patients needs. (the basic elimination diet is not appropriate for me given my condition). DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

My daughter suffered from eczema since she was born and she's now almost 3. I have been to a pediatrician and another allergist. They all gave her steroids and said that food is not related to eczema and there's no cure. I decided to test her again after 1 yr had past. Test shows she is severely allergic to peanuts and quite a bit to dust mites. The first thing he asked me when he saw me was whether i give her gummies/candies that contain dye. He said dye is very bad for eczema, especially red dye. After the tests, he told me to buy encasing for the bed to prevent dust mite. He also explained that soy (which triggers a horrible eczema flare all over my daughter) is related to peanuts, hence her eczema. Also shrimp/crab is in the same family as dust mites, hence her eczema after eating. I have had more information from him than any other physician. He did not prescribe any more steroids. I think he is to the point and does not waste time. If you want a doctor who makes you warm and fuzzy,.. he is not the one.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015