Ratings for Dr. George Luciuk

Wow! I can't believe the comments on this site. Dr. Luciuk is the best allergist I have seen (from a total of three). He takes time with patients, is kind, explains things, and has a good sense of humour. In the waiting room I have met people from other parts of the province: Northern BC, and Vancouver Island. They travel just to see him. I moved almost an hour drive away from his office, but I will continue to see him. THAT is how good he is!!!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Throughout the initial information gathering and testing, his manner appeared to be consistent with what I would expect. However, in the last few minutes when discussing dietary procedures, he seemed to get increasingly aggravated with my inquiries to the point where he came off abrasive. His voice rose to a level where one could easily hear him throughout the office. He slowed his speech as if look like the problem was that I wasn’t able to interpret individual syllables. He did all of this in such an aggressive and condescending manner, I felt as if he was attempting to intimidate me. Regardless of his intentions, his conduct was unprofessional and made me quite uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2015

I feel validated by most of the comments below. Dr. Luciuk did not take the time to answer my questions and in the end was shouting at me "If it makes you sick don't eat it". My allergies are the cause of extreme anxiety eating and swallowing to the point I've been hospitalized for not eating or drinking. When I asked the nurse questions she said "Ask the Doctor". The Doctor said "Call my nurses with questions". On the elimination diet I called in with a question and the nurse said I'd need to book a follow up appointment with the doctor. She could not answer any of my questions and was so rude I ended up crying on the phone. Even though I may loose precious time in starting treatment I've decided to get a referral to another doctor. Dr. Luciuk was mean and ultimately unhelpful. I think he treats all patients with the same regime - Notes on bed encasings and an elimination diet which is not customized to the patients needs. (the basic elimination diet is not appropriate for me given my condition). DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

My daughter suffered from eczema since she was born and she's now almost 3. I have been to a pediatrician and another allergist. They all gave her steroids and said that food is not related to eczema and there's no cure. I decided to test her again after 1 yr had past. Test shows she is severely allergic to peanuts and quite a bit to dust mites. The first thing he asked me when he saw me was whether i give her gummies/candies that contain dye. He said dye is very bad for eczema, especially red dye. After the tests, he told me to buy encasing for the bed to prevent dust mite. He also explained that soy (which triggers a horrible eczema flare all over my daughter) is related to peanuts, hence her eczema. Also shrimp/crab is in the same family as dust mites, hence her eczema after eating. I have had more information from him than any other physician. He did not prescribe any more steroids. I think he is to the point and does not waste time. If you want a doctor who makes you warm and fuzzy,.. he is not the one.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

You wait forever to get into the office and then you wait forever at the office for your appointment. And then he doesn't explain any of your unusual test results, just saying "if you're nervous don't eat it".

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Absolutely terrible. I have been waiting months to see an allergist. I've schedule an appointment more than 4 months in advance and have been counting the days to see this Dr. Two weeks before the appointment I received a call saying that the doctor was not available on the day I booked, and they wanted to re-book me for 4 months later. This is a complete disregard for the patient, do not even bother seeing them.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I went to Dr Luciuk to get tested for a potential deadly allergy to laundry detergent. He was actually nicer then my last time I went there. But the office is still in the dinisor age of facing documents and do not use any email to send documents to patients. WARNING THE DOCTOR WAS CONTEMPTIBLE TO WORK ON A DIAGNOSE WHICH WOULD ONLY TAKE A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO FILL OUT. There is a staff member there I call nurse ratchet from the movie one flew over the cookies nest (she is evil and likes to lord over you when a mistake is done). My impression this place 1. dr Luciuk needs to retire 2. The staff need to go to counciling from being bullied from him. 3. The evil nurse needs to get her license revoked for her neglectful attitude. 4. They grab money at all costs which cost me 799.99 after this visit. This office needs to be redone and with a better doctor.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I was not impressed with Dr. Luciuk. I came to this site to look for other allergists and thought I would see what other people said about him. I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one who found him quite rude and unhelpful. Frankly, anyone can apply the test solutions and look for reactions, what you really need is explanation and helpful advice which is not what I received.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I found Dr Luciuk to be very professional and thorough. He wasn't extraordinarily friendly but he did his job well and that's what matters. He listened to my concerns and gave me reasonable advice and options and wasn't pushy. He seemed to have a dry and sarcastic humor but that didn't bother me. His staff was also very friendly and organized as well. Overall a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Waited about a year to see this doctor, I've had nut allergies for a while and wanted to check if I was allergic to anything else as well. saw him in 2013 and haven't been back since for many reasons, it was one of the worst experiences ever! No offense to him, he's probably a great doctor but he needs to work on his attitude! his staff are kind and awesome. But, he was too quick with everything, and had poor manners. He was a little rude when I was explaining things. He didn't even explain the Wheat, corn, and nut allergies I tested positive for, he just said "just avoid anything with those ingredients" ... he needs to be more patient and care for his patients. Never going back, was NOT impressed..

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. George Luciuk's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wow! I can't believe the comments on this site. Dr. Luciuk is the best allergist I have seen (from a total of three). He takes time with patients, is kind, expl..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Throughout the initial information gathering and testing, his manner appeared to be consistent with what I would expect. However, in the last few minutes when d..."

September 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I feel validated by most of the comments below. Dr. Luciuk did not take the time to answer my questions and in the end was shouting at me "If it makes you sick ..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter suffered from eczema since she was born and she's now almost 3. I have been to a pediatrician and another allergist. They all gave her steroids and ..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "You wait forever to get into the office and then you wait forever at the office for your appointment. And then he doesn't explain any of your unusual test resul..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely terrible. I have been waiting months to see an allergist. I've schedule an appointment more than 4 months in advance and have been counting the days ..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Luciuk to get tested for a potential deadly allergy to laundry detergent. He was actually nicer then my last time I went there. But the office i..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I was not impressed with Dr. Luciuk. I came to this site to look for other allergists and thought I would see what other people said about him. I was happy to s..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr Luciuk to be very professional and thorough. He wasn't extraordinarily friendly but he did his job well and that's what matters. He listened to my co..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Waited about a year to see this doctor, I've had nut allergies for a while and wanted to check if I was allergic to anything else as well. saw him in 2013 and h..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "After going to so many Doctor's who didn't know what was wrong with me, i finally got sent to Dr. Luciuk. He found environment allergies which was causing me to..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Luciuk was the worst Doctor I have ever been to BY FAR. When he asked me questions he expected a 1 word yes or no answer, period. He didn't let me explain an..."

February 1, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "He was very impatient, quick to get us in/out of the office. The staff are dismissive & somewhat scared for the Dr."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I took my daughter to get tested for food allergies and while his staff was very friendly, his bedside manner was seriously lacking. I asked him a few questions..."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "My 2 girls and I have seen Dr. Luciuk. I have seen 2 other allergy specialist and a dermatologist and none of them agreed with me that food can be the cause of ..."

December 7, 2014