Ratings for Dr. Brett L. Thorpe

Everyone in the Endoscopy unit at Dr. Thorpe's office was very kind and helpful. When I met with the Dr. he paid great attention to my history (having had a few bad experiences with my previous endoscopies - Do not go to Dr. Mohammad Alsolaiman, he punctured my esophagus during a routine dilation and just sent me on my way home, didn't bother to tell us until we ended up back at the hospital in extreme pain, and still tried to charge us for it all!). He was very thorough in explaining how he was going to handle things so that we didn't have any punctures, etc. He was very kind and his nurses were great. He also recommended a medicine that will fix the underlying problem causing me to need dilations, which no other doctors have done before! I would recommend Dr. Thorpe to anyone needing endoscopy procedures.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Very knowledgable. He took time with me to explain my diagnosis and answer my questions. He helped me after years of going to other doctors without results. Great doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

I have had chronic stomach problems all my life and have seen numerous GI specialists in different states. Dr. Brett Thorpe was the worst GI doctor I have ever been to. Basically, after being late to my appointment, he took 15 minutes to listen to me and then recommended numerous medical procedures that cost me thousands of dollars. After the procedures all I received was a letter in the mail saying the tests came out negative but he never sat down with me to discuss my current symptoms and what I could do to relieve my current distress. His letter stated that if I had any other questions to talk to my general practitioner. It felt like all Dr. Thorpe does is make a great deal of money off you through medical tests and procedures to assess your stomach/bowel issues and then does very little to actually help you understand your symptoms and what would be helpful. Tremendous waste of time and money. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr. Thorpe explained the procedure he was doing very efficently and put me at ease. I would highly recommend him. Had a great bedside manner and very easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

Dr. Brett L. Thorpe's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)