Ratings for Dr. David L. Berry

Dr. Berry is an excellent doctor who helped co manage my high risk pregnancy. I was on hypothyroid meds, diabetic meds and also had an inflammation. He took good care of me. The only problem I had was the office staff. For each biweekly appointment i was charged $500 copay without even verifying with the insurance. Later I called my insurance and was told that they shouldn't be charging me in advance and that my copay was only $50. I complained and the office staff adjusted my copay...eventually leading to no copays through out my 34 weeks. Dr. Berry is great but staff is horrible!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Dr. Berry is a very cold and dangerous man. He certainly does not care about your children or your life. Please go elsewhere. He and him alone was responsible for sons death. I will never forget!! ever..

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

My wife and I truly enjoyed our time with Austin Perinatal. The facilities are fantastic, the Doctors and staff were wonderful and knowledgeable. After our appointments we went through some headaches and misunderstandings on billing and there was a lot of back and forth between myself and the practice manager. But I'm very happy to say that the owner stepped up and contacted me himself and Dr. Berry did something that is very rare in today's world. He was accountable for the actions of his practice and offered to hear me out and we came to a reasonable solution. It takes a big person, and a great entrepreneur to do what he did and I respect that. Thank you so much for what you did, I'm truly impressed and wish you all the best. I hope in the future issues like this are avoided, but the way you took care of myself and my family in the end was more than fair. I highly recommend Dr. Berry!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Great facilities, good doctor. TERRIBLE OFFICE MANAGER, Jinnie Nutt. My wife was seen by Austin Perinatal in 2011, my wife had a long complicated pregnancy with bills totaling in the 6 digits. I was active duty Army at the time and we used Tricare as our health insurance for all of the appointments. Some time in late 2012 we found out that she was under her old health insurance at United Healthcare at the time and all the bills were sent to us. We called SEVERAL offices and they re-filed and got their money from United Healthcare with no issues. One of the offices we called was Austin Perinatal. All Jinnie had to do was send the bill with a letter of lateness to United Healthcare and they would pay, we provided the fax numbers, phone numbers, and everything. She didn't do this. The next time we hear anything about it is from a collection agency. Jinnie forwarded the debt to them. AGAIN we called United Healthcare, got everything sorted and asked her to follow the proper steps to get their money and she BLATANTLY REFUSED. We have now been fighting this battle for over 5 years. it is beyond ridiculous. Jinnie will not allow us to speak to the owner of the practice Dr. David L. Berry, and when asked for his email she gave me her email. They are borderline criminal and I plan to sue Jinnie directly, if I found out that the Owner knew what she was doing, I'm suing the practice too. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!

Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr. Berry is an excellent, knowledgable physician and has always been patient and reassuring during my visits. He even called me after hours to respond to a voicemail I had left late in the afternoon regarding some concerns I was having about my pregnancy. He offered helpful answers that I wasn't able to get from other providers and offered to see me in the office earlier than my next scheduled appointment. Excellent doctor!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

The billing lady (the day before my appt) said that I had to pay that full amt at the time of the appt, no exception ($400). She explained since my deductible isn't met, they wanted the FULL pmt of what the insurance doesnt cover! She also went on to say that I don't have to go to them if I don't want to (they were a referral from my OB). But, I guess in her own rude way she is right, & I will find another Perinatal specialist. I told her she isn't doing her clients any favors by demanding full pmt that the insurance doesn't cover at each visit (& even rising of stress & blood pressure -- the very thing we're there for)! Weeks prior they mailed me stuff to perform my own finger prick blood test to mail the lab to get done prior to this appt. They could've told me then about this, that way I could've had time to find another Dr. So, I told them since I had already taken time off of work & done blood for the appt, that I would keep it, but I would immediately be finding another Dr.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Recent tragedy, cobra in works, demanded money upfront or advised to go elsewhere during our time of need. Never said by staff or Dr. sorry about your loss. Only interested in money and very callous office. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

Dr. Berry helped me bring to the world my MIRACLE child. He was ver helpful and caring. He put all my fears to rest. He also took care of my neice and now we both have beautiful, healthy children.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

Super knowledgeable. Awesome bedside manner. Jenifer is a great CDE and helped me tremendously.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Dr Berry is my perinatologist for my ongoing twin pregnancy. He has a wonderful staff, very nice office, non-existent wait times for appointments and is the most caring doctor I've ever seen. On average, I'd estimate he spends 30-minutes just talking to my husband and I at our appointments. He truly makes sure that we are comfortable before we leave. I would not recommend any other perinatologist in town or go to any other besides Dr Berry! Also keep in mind, he's the only one that does many cutting edge techniques such as a cerclage, twin-to-twin tranfusion, etc. If you want the best, you want Dr Berry.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010