Ratings for Dr. Mavis Hollman

Dr. Hollman is a dedicated physician. I am an MOA elsewhere, and what people do not realize is that a family doctor who is late is actually where you want to be with... it means that she takes the time to review your issue or multiple issues, and explain anything that you need to know in great detail. I have been fit in for the same day on a few occasions when it was needed for my care. As a patient I am very thankful that she runs her practice this way. I also know to bring a fully charged phone or a book for the wait. With all the people out there without a GP, I am thankful to have one, let alone her, and I happily will continue to wait to see her. Her staff have always been personable and nice. Her office is scattered, but that doesn't effect the care I receive from her. She is a wonderful, loving person and she advocates for her patients.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Mavis saved my life 5 years ago and I can never thank her enough.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Exceptional Dr. period. Delays expected due to the depth of care she provides every patient without exception. Extremely thorough and caring, you would be hard-pressed to find a better person. Waits are unavoidable as I well know from having worked in a doctor's office many years ago. Health care is not like your lawyer, financial advisor or hairdresser, expect delays. I would rather thorough care then being rushed through like a number.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

Excellent Dr. with excellent Staff who all go above and beyond for patients. Very lucky to have her and her helpful staff

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Just love her and am so thankful I got her for my doctor ten years ago. She does not waste time and does not hesitate to get you to specialists. I always take a book with me while waiting for her. Yes she does run behind a fair amount of the time but when it's my turn she never rushes me out of the door. Wish there were more like her in her profession.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Hollman is a very caring doctor, yes she is always running behind because she takes time with each patient and I have never heard her complaining when she is working till 7 or later because me and my kids, and lots of others, needed to be seen urgently. Her staff is always helpful and willing to go that extra mile. I am just grateful I have Dr. Hollman and her staff.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Hollman is a rare gem. There aren't many doctors out there that would ever go to the lengths she does to help out her patients. She's been our family's primary care physician for 30 years now, and I'm scared to think of where we will end up after she finally retires. Yes, you have to wait a long time to see her. Yes, she's often grumpy at first. But when she comes into your room and relaxes, she's one of the sweetest ladies. Of course she's grumpy, she rarely gets to eat a proper meal during the day, let alone take a break long enough to pee! She never gives up on your case, and without her persistant care I very literally would have died several times. You can't ask for a better doctor - or friend.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2016

Yes, she's late and looks angry often; her office much improved, but records remain non-digital with bulging files. Yes! She IS helpful when your opinion does not deviate from her's. This Dr. is one that will work diligently for you; so hard to find any at all, few like her. Thank you Dr. Mavis.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr Hollman is always late but is an excellent doctor and worth the wait. I love calling Dr. Hollmans office because I know Theresa is always willing to fit me in and help anyway she can. To the people that are complaining, you should be happy you have a doctor in Kamloops there are so many that don't and Dr. Hollman does the best she can and helps so man.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

You can wait for up to 90 minutes to see her only to be told she doesn't have time to go over test results. You wait for her to do a referral for a specialist only to find out 6 months later she hasn't even sent the request in. I find her care to be lacking . She is not the doctor she was 5 years ago.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016