Ratings for Dr. Joanne S. Hinson

Dr. Hinson literally saved my wife weeks of agony and pain by working her into her schedule and listening and giving a proper diagnosis of the problem. We had seen a few other physicians that diagnosed the overall situation, but were not willing to act on anything at the time. We were told to wait it out and take pain meds. Dr. Hinson read the same reports, looked at the same information, and made decisions to act rather than wait. As a result, my wife's pain subsided that same day from the first minor procedure done right then in her office, and now is healing from a necessary laproscoptic surgery rather than waiting for weeks for the same result. We cannot recommend Dr. Hinson enough - if you are tired of the run around with big healthcare then it is time to see Dr. Hinson. She is a great blessing!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Hinson since she took over for Dr. Beach. She delivered my son who will turn 13 in a week which I had a hard pregnancy. She is straight forward and is very concern about my health issues and do not want to ignore any issues. I feel that she knows what I'm going through since we are about the same age. I feel that she is very up-to-date with the latest technology and medical information. I would have my daughter go to her when she is older. Dr. Hinson is very personable and remembers what I told her last time I've seen her and it is usually during my annual. That is why I travel 20+ miles to see her.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I have been going to Dr Hinson for 15+ years. I would not got to another OBGYN ever! She has always made me feel comfortable, she takes the time to discuss ME and I feel she really cares. Both of my daughter's have also gone to her for their car and they love her. I have been with her since she started at this office when she took over Dr Beach's practice. Her nurse Michelle, is awesome. She always returns my calls with in reasonable time and does what to can to help resolve any issues I am having at the time. I have been able to schedule appointments to be seen as needed. Not a outrageous wait time to get in to see her. I would most definately refer to her and have done so. The office staff are excellent to deal with and have reat attitudes. It a good environment all the way around. :)

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

She was great with us all the time. Always friendly with me and my husband and when I went back for my second pregnancy she enjoyed talking with my 3 year old who she delivered first. I love her office staff, always cordial, freindly, professional, including her own nurse Michelle. Dr. Hinson always answered our questions and always supported us.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

I was not very happy with Dr. Hinson. She seemed knowledeable, but was not friendly at all. I went in to see her for a second opinion on an ovarian cyst and wondered if I had PCOS. When she entered the room she stood up and asked me what was going on. I felt as though she was in a hurry and didn't really want to deal with me since I was a new patient and just wanted a 2nd opinion. She commented that she would not do a blood test on someone my age (age 30). I didn't know if that was because she thought I was too young, or too old. She did an exam and said, "It's gone." She didn't even want to do an ultrasound to make sure. The last doctor couldn't feel anything either until she did an ultrasound and found out I had large ovarian cyst. I guess if I got anything out of this visit it was a prescription to go over to the hospital to have another ultrasound. I will not return to Dr. Hinson's office again.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

Was just okay. I was a high risk pregnancy and she didn't seem to take that seriously or take any extra care for that. Ended up with another preemie when I feel it definitely could have been prevented. Also wanted to start me on pitocin after being in labor for only 3 hours. I went from a 4 to an 8 in that time and she wanted to "speed things up". I refused and within an hour I delivered my 36 weeker.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Talked me through everything. Made me feel comfortable. Wonderful doctor. I actually look forward to going back.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007

Very nice. Willing to spend time and help you. Answers questions over the phone.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2006

Dr. Joanne S. Hinson's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)