Ratings for Dr. Yanko A. Yankov

I have been going to Dr. Yankov for 7 years. He has my epilepsy under control. I had been to 3 other doctors and none of them ever did blood work or an EEG. He stays up on all that is going on. I thank God for sending Me to Him. He cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I'm baffled because he was recommended by my dr. He sent me to immediately take pricey test to rule out stuff and never relayed the results! Staff arrogant when dr. was slow to analyze test results of MRI and FAILED to return my calls. During office visit, Dr. was explaining results of EEG and when I started to take notes, he stopped and insinuated I leave the "research" to him. He appeared threatened by my desire to write down what he said and cut the explanation short. (Way too short after a devestating first diagnosis, then walked out the door with a guy who was waiting for him in the waiting room around lunch time). He is a nice man and spent plenty of time with me initially but I need consistency in my dr's attention to my care. I changed doctors.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Dr. Yankov has got to be one of the best neurologists in San Antonio. He got my seizures under control where multiple doctors could not. Even a epilepsy specialist couldn't. He is up to date on new stuff including meds. He cares about his patients and will spend plenty of time with you. Give him a try you will be glad that you did.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2011

I have been going to several different doctors for the last 12 years trying to figure out what is triggering my seizures. Dr. Yankov is the ONLY doctor so far that suggested natural ways of reducing seizures before starting me on an extremely strong medication. I appreciate the fact that he refuses to put me on medication before knowing exactly what the problem is. I highly recommend him if you must see a neurologist.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

He is board certified in Psychiatry, Neurology, Sleep Medicine and Neurophysiology. One of the best trained men in San Antonio and one of the most compassionate.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Firstly, plan to wait in this doctor's office for up to two and a half hours , as I did. The staff is not very friendly and they tend to forget about you. As far as Dr. Yankov is concerned, bless his heart, the old man doesn't seem up to date on a lot of things. I was grateful he took the time to see me, but like many doctors out there, he can't figure my symptoms out so he gave me anti-depressants. My symptoms have nothing to do with the need for anti-depressants. He's been in practice for over 35 years, so I'm sure he's seen a lot, but I think he fails to keep up to date with new diseases and symptoms. He thought I might have fibromyalgia even though I don't meet the criteria. Even I knew more about that than he did. In a lot of ways, I felt the need to inform him of thing he was unaware of or incorrect in. He's a sweet old man that's probably ready to retire.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

Dr. Yanko A. Yankov's Credentials

• Sofia Med Academy, Fac Of Med, Sofia, Bulgaria (Grad. 1974)