Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Levine

Staff couldn’t be ruder or more out of touch. Weeks to respond to phone calls, if they get around to it. If they do respond, they don’t answer your questions or forgot why you called to begin with. Staff is largely out of touch with technology and prolong problems because they don’t know how to electronically send blood orders or emails. No accountability. Worst of all, Dr Levine clearly doesn’t care about your issues, if you are fortunate enough to reach him or see him in the office after a 90 minute wait. Staff protects him and makes it impossible to ever get messages to him. On the rare occasion you see him, he is condescending and generally uninterested. The hospital doesn’t care about you as a patient, either. They have a patient advocate call you, but then do nothing to address your concerns. Every administrator either has an assistant protecting them (even when the administrator tells you to contact them) or conveniently lets their voicemail box fill up so you can’t leave a message. St Joseph Hospital should be ashamed of themselves, as should Dr Levine. The only thing they excel at is alienating patients.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I loved Dr Levine when I had him many years ago. Unfortunately, if you don't have nodules, you get pawned off on a nurse. I went through 4 years of of feeling horrible with heart palpations and no appetite because of the nurse who decided to change my meds, even though I felt well and my labs were fine. When another new nurse came in a couple of years later, she was even worse. I noticed one of my meds were for a year and the other med only for 3 months, I knew it was time to leave. Because she was planning on removing this med completely. Finally found a new practice that just raised up my medication and the issues were resolved. I have my health back again. What happened to me never should have happened. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Not every patient requires the same treatment plan. Listen to the patient, for they know their body best

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

I love him, he's the best i have ever been to.!. Even needle biopsy so gentle and painless!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Exceptionally discourteous staff. Long and arduous process to schedule, reschedule or retrieve a script. Long wait for appointments without apology. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

I went to Dr. Levine's office a year ago after a nodule on my thyroid was found. It was a cyst and not cancerous. I was symptomatic with hypothyroidism. He treated it with Levothyroxine. Six months later saw nurse practionist. They increased dosage. On the one year visit and more knowledge about the disease and still having issues, Dr. Levine dismissed my concerns specifically when I stated my continued symptoms and specifically of the inability to loose weight with lots of effort of exercising, counting calories, and questions regarding my T3s. He dismissed both concerns and suggested weight watchers (by the way, I already had with no results). He refused to discuss it futher. I wanted to possibly try other options since I still had symptoms he did not want to discuss. Did you know, he is an electrical engineer working on a sonar in a submarine. My long experience with engineers is that everything is black and white, no in between or gray area. Dr. Levine fit's the engineers profile. Maybe he should go back to his first career, oh ya, more money in this career. He does not liked to be questioned and is not compassionate to your symptoms. I'm finding a new doctor. I need a doctor who wants to treat my symptoms and who listens to my concerns.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

This is the best practice I have ever been to. They were awesome! From reception, to the nurse and, of course, Dr. Levine. I had to bring my two year old son with me to my appointment and they were so understanding and helpful. The amazing nurse practitioner even came in and colored with him while I had my biopsy done! They are just great here. I simply can't say enough good things about them.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

My primary gripe is that it is near impossible to get through on the phone. The same receptionist who does the check-out also answers the phone--so most of the time it is a busy signal. Unless you have a diagnosis or likely cancer, patients do not see Dr. Levine--only the Nurse Practitioner, Michele Campbell, She has been very nice, but anyone with a diagnosis that is upsetting to them, doesn't want to feel relegated to the mid-level staff, as if your disease isn't important. (That is the perception from a patient's point of view, anyway.) When I do get thru on the phone with an important medication question, I have to wait for a return call "hopefully sometime today." That is so not helpful when trying to determine other medical decisions.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr Levine's office ( Michelle Campbell nurse practitioner) did not listen to my hypothyroid symptoms or acknowledge that I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's by their own office. They questioned my symptoms as lifestyle bad habits and I felt like a number in their office. Lack of knowledge on the part of the nurse practitioner is evident and I never saw a dr despite three office visits. Office visits were terrible and did nothing for me. Thank goodness I got a second opinion by a great endo in Boston who treats his patients as individuals and had a lot of questions as to the year I was treated by Levine's office. Michelle Campbell needs to practice better oral hygiene as well. She stinks!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

I just started working with Dr. Levine a week ago. Excellent bedside manner. He was not rushed, he took his time, and I could not be more pleased. Highly recommend him. Jim Leek - Kingston, NH

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

I have been with Dr. Levine now for two years. I came to him after cancer was found an treated. I had been taking a lot of trips into Boston for my care. Dr. Levine definately is a great Dr. I would recommend him to anyone I come across looking for a great Dr. For thyroid care. His staff has always been very friendly to me. The appointments have been very timely. Lab onsite, which is great. Dr Levine takes his time and is very knowledgable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr. Robert A. Levine's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal